“Historic Opulence”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #9 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We loved our stay at the Sherry-Netherland! Great location, lots of great restaurants and the metro is very close. When the lobby restoration is complete in six months, the feel of the hotel will be truly historic. We will definately be coming back!

Room Tip: We had a suite 2107 which was a "city view". It was nice but not high enough to get "...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Craig R
There are newer reviews for The Sherry-Netherland Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I spent a lot of time choosing where to stay in the city, and finally decided on The Sherry Netherland partly because of its mid-pricepoint (not a Holiday Inn, but not as steep as the Mandarin Oriental), but mostly because of the Tripadvisor reviews. I am so happy I did! The rooms are large (very large for NYC) and beautiful, the location is excellent, the views are spectacular, and the staff is absolutely fantastic. Customer service ( and cleanliness) really make or break a stay for me, and the staff here are incredible from the front desk to the special white-gloved elevator man. This hotel is the standard I will hold every other hotel up to from now on, and will only stay here whenever I stay in the city.

Room Tip: I had a free upgrade to suite 1204, and it was perfect. Very spacious, comfy, clean and beautiful vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Layla G
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to splurge for our 40th anniversary and stay at the Sherry-Netherland Hotel for an extended weekend. I must say the experience was delightful. The room was elegant and spacious and the staff could not have been more helpful. They even arranged for a complimentary bottle of champagne on account of the special occasion. I will return on our 50th.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dpmqc
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed at the Sherry Netherland countless times over the last five years for work. The location - at 59th and 5th - is obviously great and the hotel is priced pretty reasonably. The rooms are well sized for Manhattan and I love that they have a complimentary mini-bar. The hotel gym is pretty pathetic for a hotel of this ilk -- it is my biggest gripe. The other annoying thing about the hotel is that elevators are always manned by hotel employees which seems like an antiquated novelty that makes me feel very uncomfortable. I often get upgraded to a larger when I stay which is always great and they always greet me with chocolates.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank rattner
Kkinet1, Manager at The Sherry-Netherland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We appreciate your kind words about our property. The hotel is a Boutique property and our fitness center is small yet has the ability for a decent work out. We have planned a upgrade of the facility and it will have the most updated equipment, which will be completed by November 8th . We have been complimented on our elevators being manned, many guests feel the sense of being safe when they are here. Since we are a mix of residential apartments and hotel rooms we are very conscious about security. We pride ourselves on our attention to our guests needs, and our staff focuses on providing outstanding service. I am pleased you seem overall to enjoy your stay and we do hope you will return.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Definitely one of the nicest hotels we stayed at during our recent trip to the USA.

The staff were very friendly. They always greeted you warmly, making it feel more like you were coming back home rather than back to your hotel room.

Our toilet overflowed during our stay, after a call to reception they had two staff members there in a matter of minutes to fix and clean it. Couldn't have asked for better.

Fantastic location, easy walks to Times Square, Central Park and anything else you could want.

Would highly recommend the Sherry-Netherland!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dave V
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel's own motto holds true: as a European (demanding) traveller, we have highly appreciated the discrete, elegant top service of this place. Located at the heart of what makes NYC tick, it is a true pleasure to sejourn here, just like being at home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pieter D
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staying at the Sherry-Netherland Hotel is a wonderful experience of old world charm and execleent, friendly service. I always feel welcome and appreciated as a customer. I go to New York City six or seven times a year. My rating of the Sherry has been and continues to be excellent in all categories.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo