“A grand stay at the Sherry!!”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #8 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Trumbull, Connecticut
“A grand stay at the Sherry!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I, after much research, decided to stay at the Sherry Netherland Hotel. It was a fantastic experience. The rooms were fabuluous, the staff friendly and well trained and the location can not be beat. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Sherry!!

Room Tip: I suggest a room with ta view of Central Park!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Fluffernetto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Napa, CA
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I travel to NYC for business and pleasure at least once or twice a year.
I have stayed in many different hotels in various locations throughout the city, mostly near mid-town where my business takes me. I can honestly say I have never felt more comfortable or more at home. Because it is a residence building and not an over-sized, transient hotel, it is quiet and comfortable and the location can't be beat. I agree with a previous reviewer, I did not want to leave and joked with the front desk I would call a real estate agent! Well, the Sherry does indeed have one, and her name is Theresa Nocerino. If you are in the market for a pied a terre, be sure to give her a call. Everyone at the hotel and in Cipriani's just raved about her. She made sure my every need was attended to, and the entire staff could not be more friendly. The elevator operators evoke an era gone by of service and style. If you want to feel refreshed and rested after a busy day in Manhattan, the Sherry is the place to stay. The only caveat is you may not want to leave your room, so don't overschedule yourself with appointments while visiting New York! 5 star, triple A+!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking down on the Apple store.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank winecat
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Hotel is incredible. It has that feeling of living in The city not a Hotel feel about it.And to have an address like 5 ave.that would be nice. The Staff was helpful from the front door to your room.The room was huge compared to most hotel rooms in the city. The decor. is very nice and very clean. Fresh flowers were waiting and a box of chocolates. Had an incredible time. I will be back!

Room Tip: go for the view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve L
Vatican City, Italy
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Spooky in an interesting way, all those bald lift attentands! The location is great, indeed – but there are a lot of great locatiosn in NY. Cipriani not bad at all, though a bit dusty, the entire hotel is actually. There is not much of lobby, but I agree its not such a big lose. Rooms were nice, even if we had them viewing the internal courtyard.
And my 6years old remembers the hotel as the one with chair in the lift.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank fobski
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I go to NYC very often for shopping, to get my hair done, go to some dr. appts, these trips are usually solo. I also go with my husband and children during Christmas, and occasionally throughout the year. This is my favorite hotel on the East side, and I have stayed in many. The first time I stayed here I joked with Russell, the man at the front desk that they would probably have to remove me with police force because I loved it so much. One of the things that I find so amazing about the Sherry is that I find myself never asking for anything, because they have already thought of everything. The rooms are enormous, comfortable, the staff is attentive and lovely, I love the fact that beverages and wifi are included. The soaking tub and bathrooms are awesome. There is absolutely no street noise, which is kind of amazing given the location. The location could not be better, you are on the edge of central park, you can walk to any store you could ever want, as well as so many delicious restaurants nearby. There have been a few occasions where they have been booked up, but otherwise, I don't stay anywhere else, I simply don't want to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank meagan1223
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Everyone was friendly and the rooms were large. Staying in such a wonderful and friendly place made our trip even that much better. My husband is a runner so being across from Central Park was an added bonus. Already planning another trip there in the fall.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cindylgar
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ever since we started staying at this hotel four years ago, we have will never go to another hotel. From the time you check-in, the friendly staff make sure your stay is perfect. We always enjoy seeing how our room or suite is decorated as every one is different. We enjoy having a lemoncello next door at Cipriani's before retiring at night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple