“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great location for exploring midtown Manhattan. Easy walking distance to theatres, restaurants, and shopping. Check-in was fast and the room was spacious and clean. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TorontoJK
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello TorontoJonathan,

Thank you for submitting this glowing review. It's terrific to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. Your kind words regarding the friendly check in service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Huddersfield
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Myself and my new husband travelled to NYC and the Sheraton in September 2013 and have just realised that I never wrote my review. Unfortunately I can't remember any names of people at the hotel but all the other details are crystal clear.

We arrived at the hotel about midday and although check-in was quite busy we didn't seem to have to wait long. The lady who served us (can't remember her name, sorry!) was absolutely lovely, really pleasant and wished us congratulations on just getting married. We had originally booked a King Room but our travel agent contacted the Concierge prior to our arrival to ask if he could offer us any kind of upgrade due to it being our honeymoon...and boy did he! We arrived at our room on I think the 30th floor and walked into the biggest suite I have ever seen! The bedroom was huge with 2 doors into it, a large dining table and chairs, a chaise longe and a flat-screen TV on the wall. The separate living room had a massive sofa, 3 lounging chairs and another flat-screen TV! However, the best bit was the view. As our room was on the corner of the building, we had windows round either side giving us 2 views of NYC, one of which was looking right down into Times Square itself - just amazing. We also got free Wi-Fi included which otherwise would have been a pricey extra at I think $14.99 a day. We only ate at the hotel one night ordering room service, I had the Club Sandwich with salad and chips and my husband had the burger - both absolutely yummy!

The Sheraton was a fantastic base from which to explore the city. We went to see the Lion King while we were there which was literally down the street at the Minskoff Theatre and we visited Central Park (one of my favourite places) which was up the street the opposite way, albeit a bit further but still within walking distance.

The Sheraton really helped make our whole stay just that bit extra special and provided the perfect base from which to fall in love with NYC. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone, especially. I would like to thank all the staff who were super pleasant and helpful and special thanks to the Concierge who really helped put the cherry on top of the whole experience.

Room Tip: We had no issues with noise at all but I guess the higher the floor, the less the noise and of cours...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sislee,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and the great views of the city during your very special Honeymoon visit! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that our Concierge Staff were able to make your stay with us even more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City. We look forwarding to seeing you again soon!

USA
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Pros:
-Great location, a short walk from a ton of restaurants, Carnegie Hall, Times Square, Rockafeller Center, and Central Park
-Friendly staff

Cons:
-Small room, even smaller bathroom
-For some reason, they felt the need to put a full couch in an already tiny room. It obstructs the window, so you can't really see down into the street
-Must pay for Internet - this is the 21st century already!

Room Tip: the higher, the better view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for submitting this review. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay. Our location is perfect to enjoy the great sights of the City.

The Ling located in our Lobby has complimentary access internet service available for our guest. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and would love another chance to show you a great experience.

Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My families stay at the hotel went great. I used Starwood points for two rooms on 3/16/14 and used no other hotel services or mini bar items. I was shocked to find two separate $50 charges on my credit card. Do you know why that would have occurred? Since I received no statement or bill to my email acct I have no idea what these charges could be for. Thanks for your help.

Dear Tim N,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was a fan of the Flatotel and was very upset when I find out they closed. I always stayed there, so I sadly started to research for others hotels in the city. My research took me to the Sheraton that is located in the corner that used to be the Flatotel. (52nd Street and Time Square. Bingo!...I called the hotel directly. The rate they gave me was great, they even told me they will give me a high floor with great views.They did it and also gave me free internet, just because,,,,

1-This is not a boutique hotel, the lobby it's big, big, big, it has a bar, an interesting shop, a restaurant, and a concierge desk, In a floor below there is a fitness and business center.

2-The elevators were the fastest I experienced in New York. The room was great, 39th floor, great view, confortable bed, great large TV, a little table with two chairs and a very clean white bathroom with a great mirrow and a lot of towels.

3-Very friendly staff, (with the exception of a grumppy old men that works in the concierge area) but who cares, the woman that works with him took care of us and was extremely helpful. Nex day the grumpy old man was in a better mood and help us find the theater, he even gave us a map.

5-This hotel have 2 or 3 employees that work outside the front door and their job is to find you a taxy. That, to me, was fantastic, I didn;t have to wait more than 2 minutes for a taxy. A luxury in New York.

Yes, I had a wonderful experience and I'll go back. Sheraton will become my home away from home. To tell you the truth it was much better than the Flatotel. Much better.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room, I was in 3902, it was a corner, great view but not to Time Squares.
2 Thank diazrigau
Hello Diazrigau,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great service of our Staff and making us your home away from home. I am happy you enjoyed our great views of our newly renovated rooms and the great comfort of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in the NY Sheraton. As said, location is very good.
Rooms are not in particular clean but ok. Big enough for one, as I was.
Maybe the most important factor for me is the conditions for a good night sleep that the hotel gives you. In this test the Sheraton failed.
Staying on a room ended with 04, I suffered a great deal from the noise came from the next room to which I had a connecting door and unbelievably thin (carton?) wall.
The breafast and service were good but that was no comfort for a bad night sleep.

Room Tip: Better not to stay in rooms at the end of the corridor, ending with 04, for example. Try to avoid...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Giovanni17,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the condition of your room, also your experience regarding the room noise during your stay. Our Directors of Housekeeping and Security have been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at this new & modern hotel over the weekend. Great location near Times Square. Great service. Huge fitness center. Nice updated room. Everything was great at the hotel. However, check-in lines were outrageously long. 3 check in agents serving the non-existent Platinum line, while only 1 agent checking in the ridiculously long check-in line for everyone else... Totally Unacceptable!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Nick TH,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Theaters it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

I'm sorry that your check in experience at our Front Desk was subpar and I appreciate you letting us know about it so that I can dig a little deeper and better understand the issue. We hope to welcome you back again in the future and we look forward to providing you with excellent service once again.