“Location and Breakfast amazing”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #289 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hallein, Austria
“Location and Breakfast amazing”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went to NYC for the first time, we were able to book a good rate with sheraton ( I wouldn't have paid the regular price) overall the hotel is ok. We stayed on the 34th floor. Prior to arrival I requested a room away from elevators and ice machines, it was taken care of, thank you! Our favorite thing about staying at this sheraton here, was having breakfast. It's not cheap but you can choose between 3 different buffet options.
The rooms are not offering bath ropes or slippers! We didn't ask but it should have been there in our opinion.

Our waiter ERNESTO!!!!!!( Ernesto we love you) he made every morning starting good, you really can see he loves his job and serving! One morning we got chocolate covered strawberries and he gave me some tea, honey and lemons to take up to the room because he noticed I'm loosing my voice due a cold I have.
That's superb.
The breakfast buffet offers a lot including waffles berries smoothies etc.

... Concierge was not really motivated, check in was friendly and really helpful ( pregnant woman- forgot her name sorry) check out was okay.

Tip for using restrooms on lobby level - AVOID

Tip for storing luggage - each piece is $4 it doesn't belong to sheraton... Pack everything together to safe money.

We would come back, for the same cheap rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Beaaustria,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square for your first visit to New York City! It's terrific to hear how you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that Ernesto was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

We certainly hope you will choose to stay with us in the future the next time you are in New York City.

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,557)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel hosts a lot of groups including high school kids visiting the city. In general, it feels like a big hotel, with the employees being polite, but not too engaged. Our room was comfortable, but on the small side. The location was great and we did a lot of walking. There is a terrific deli right across the street. The hotel has also done something unique in that the bar doubles as a Starbucks in the morning and then morphs into a cocktail lounge in the afternoon. On our floor, the housekeepers had a habit of chatting on their cell phones in the hallway, which got a little annoying. We had dinner in the restaurant one night and it was pleasant. Wi-Fi in the lobby was free, but $15 a day otherwise, and use of the gym was $10, which I thought was unfortunate.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are high school groups there and ask to be on a different floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hello Sandy N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the Housekeeping Staff noise in the hallway on your floor. Our Director of Housekeeping takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

Slovakia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel is situated just in the middle of everything. Location is absolutely great for sightseeing, shopping, etc. Rooms are small, but nice and clean, absolutely fulfilling all the standards.
Breakfast were excellent, wide choice, very tasty. But the staff there were very sarcastic and rude. I believe that people are different and have different manners all around the world but this was just unacceptable. being treated nicely no matter what the opinion of the waiter is about you is a must in a 5* hotel, especially when you are a customer there. My friend is perfectly nice and polite and she was treated like a 10years old child by its own mother (she is 30 by the way and a regular guest) in a very rude and sarcastic manner. After all she got the breakfast for free, which was not the point at all!! People have no problem paying for themselves; don't want somebody to get fired, but they want to be treated nice, with respect. And it was not only the staff in the restaurant who were rude, but at the reception as well. Maybe I just wasn't lucky, but I am a very nice person and I would like to be treated the same way.
This class of the hotel should be especially careful with their staff as nowadays it is not the product which makes your experience, but people who deliver it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank mishii_mis
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello Mishii-mis,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the service response from our Restaurant Staff. Our Director of Food and Beverage takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We hope to see you soon!

North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It had been awhile since I had been to the NY Sheraton. However when I walked into the Club Level Lounge I was greeted by bartender Tawnie not only as if I were an old friend, but she also knew exactly what I wanted to drink. That is the sign of a true professional. And speaking of true professionals, the next person I encountered was the very amiable Tommy who also works the Club Level Lounge who greated me with a hearty "Welcome back!" Interestingly, I
almost did not recognize him as he literally was half the man that he used to be. I asked him how he lost all his weight and he expounded on the fact that the Sheraton NY has one of the best health clubs in the city. I subsequently checked out the facilities and he is indeed correct. I had one of the best workouts that I have ever had at any facility much less at a hotel. It is definitely a first class operation and an asset to the property. So another reason to frequent the Sheraton when in NYC... and this in addition to its great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello M-branc,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great service and comfort of our Club Lounge. Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that Tawnie and Tommy were able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

Southold, New York
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

To be fair, we had a great price, and the location couldn't be beat. But these rooms are tiny--European sized rooms. We were on the 11th floor--no real view, and the sound of the elevator ding is ridiculously loud, five rooms down from the elevator area. The wait to check in was 15 minutes, but they gave us water while we waited. I felt safe here, centrally located, but just another number. As a member of Starwood hotels, the wifi was free but expired after 8 hours--a little annoying. I'd go back--just for the location...not for great service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I am happy to hear you truly enjoyed our centrally located hotel right in midtown. We are in the middle of the city, so you can get to almost anywhere in a matter of minutes by using the subways and trains. I am happy to hear you found it a perfect location for your trip.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the elevator noise on your floor , also your experience regarding the delayed service response of our Front Desk Staff during your check in. Our Directors of Engineering and the Front Office have been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We look forward to your next visit!

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed March 16, 2014

A night in the city to see Les Miserables (amazing, as before) was made even more special with a wonderful, though short stay at the Sheraton Times Square. Our suite was beautifully appointed; the bath room with large tub, separate shower and marble everywhere was magnificent. The king bed (it seemed even larger) was more than comfortable.

A special thank you to Alex Fish who made sure our every need was accommodated! We will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Schreiberlaw,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that Alex was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Toronto
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having a room on the 47th floor has been terrific - being in the city but not feeling it at all. And the room decor is pretty good, with decent space if you're on a Club level. The walls are like in a student dorm. I can hear the conversation next door. The staff have been a little mixed - the cleaners and management have been unbelievably good, following up on deliveries etc. The front desk staff need to not talk about other guests once they've walked away - poor form and needs retraining.

Recommend the view from the Club Level lounge - very nice and bright.

Room Tip: Go high and away from the fast but noisy elevators. Try and get a room with no guests either side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Manu-Sarna,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the comfort and great view of the city from our Club Lounge. We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the Front Desk experience during your stay. Our Director of the Front Office takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We hope to see you soon!