“Terrific Location”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #288 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a terrific stay here. The location and proximity to everything is perfect. A few blocks to either Time Square, 5th Avenue or Central Park. Stayed Superbowl weekend and it was freakish busy yet all staff lovely and no wait was too long. Bar excellent, turns into a quick breakfast place with Starbucks coffee in the morning. Managers safe available for storage, luggage storage is $4 a piece but staff lovely. Rooms are not big but adequate. Only let down was house keeping who didn't refill coffee/tea and barely made the bed. Otherwise, a terrific stay and would definitely go back. Avoid room 1815 across from service room which was constantly noisy with a door that should be fixed with a simple stopper!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hello Waitermorebubbles,

Thank you for sharing your experience. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the service and condition of the bedding. Our Director of Housekeeping takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We booked a room for New Year's Eve.

There were huge line ups, remote control didn't work, printers didn't work, room wasn't upgraded as promised, couldn't use the room until later in the day because they were still cleaning it...

We spoke with the manager, a very friendly lady who said they were overwhelmed with the quantity of people arriving. I guess it made sense. She gave us some complimentary perks which made up completely for everything.

Overall a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExplorerFromToronto
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello Vegan73,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your kind words regarding the service of our Front Office Management Staff are greatly appreciated. Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the delayed check in during the busy time in our Lobby. Our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay even during the Xmas and New years crowds. Hotel is 2 blocks from central blocks. Shopping is everywhere. Time square is 5 mins walk. Food at the hotel is great, but many great choices around the area all walking distance. Taxi are always waiting at the front. The gym was great as well, except for the $10 day per person charge. I really feel this should be included. No Swimming pool or hot tub. Other than that I feel this is a great resort for sightseeing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hello Chixryd20,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! There is nothing quite like New York during the holidays and we are happy you have chosen the Sheraton New York Times Square during your Christmas and New Year’s celebration. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that!

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to NYC for a business conference and I got to go along and sightsee. When we were at the front desk I made the comment that I'd not been to NY before and I was super excited, and the gentleman checking us in said "let me give you a room with a view." He changed us from the 19th floor to the 30th floor in a room that had a view down the street of Times Square. I felt this was great service!

I'm not a fan of ala carte amenities, so paying for Wi-Fi wasn't something I was happy about. We did it because we needed to work while we were in the hotel.

I'm a super soft fluffy feather pillow kind of person, and these were too firm for me so I woke up with a headache every day. That was the only negative about the room - everything else was great. The room was clean, the housekeeping service was timely, efficient, and thorough. It was really cold when we were there (polar vortex, lots of snow, highs in the teens) but this room stayed very comfortable and the temp stayed consistent.

I'd go back in a heartbeat - great location, subway entrance at the corner, real Starbucks at the other corner. The one really bad thing was when we went to the breakfast buffet and saw that for oatmeal and fruit it would cost $26.50. I was on my own, but his food was covered by his company since he was on company business so he went ahead and ordered the buffet and I walked around the corner to Starbucks for a $3 breakfast sandwich. I had protein and was full until lunch - he was hungry in an hour and when the bill came it was over $40. He had bought just his breakfast and hot tea and the 'service charge' added automatically made it a $40 fruit and oatmeal breakfast. That was the one and only time we went in there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of Times Square. Also, there are two sets of elevators. The second se...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GweniferC
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hello Gwenifer C,

Thank you for taking the time to give up a review and for acknowledging how enjoyable your Front Desk experience was during your check in locating a room with a great view of Times Square. Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

We apologize for any inconveniences that the Restaurant Buffet pricing may have caused you during your stay at our Property. Here we take guest feedback very seriously and will take into consideration all of your thoughts.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed from Jan 15th-20th for 5 nights. Since I was already staying on a club floor I requested a better room since I knew the Hotel was not full for mid January. Since I'm only a Gold SPG member I thought they could do better but they claimed they had no suites left. I was also a little disappointed that it was our anniversary trip there was there was no acknowledgement from the staff or Hotel despite it being on our file and I emailed the separately in advance. I also found housekeeping to minimum unless you tip, when they finally changed bed sheets and dusted the room.
The location makes up for everything else.
Tip - for off price Broadway shows go the location at John & Front streets in Lower Manhattan and save your self hours waiting in line. They also sell matinee shows which the Times Square location does not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rishiboy

Hello Richiboy,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square for your Anniversary Celebration! I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the lack of service response of not acknowledging your Anniversary visit by our Front Desk Staff, also your experience with our Housekeeping Staff with the service during your stay. Our Directors of the Front Office and Housekeeping have been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I spent 5 days in New York over Christmas and searched for a nice SPG hotel with comfortable adjoining rooms and a great location. After reading the reviews posted on the Sheraton NY Times Square, I hesitated to book our rooms there. My family and I suffer from allergies, and I had read that the rooms were dusty and the bathrooms had a moldy smell. The SPG representative I spoke with assured me that she would submit a written request to the hotel regarding our concerns. A few days before our trip, I spoke with a manager of the hotel who assured me that we would have adjoining rooms and that they would be spotless. We were warmly greeted by Alex at the reception desk, and without hesitation upgraded our rooms from traditional to deluxe, which gave us a better view. The rooms were small (as most are in NYC), but accommodating, and very clean and comfortable (as promised). The staff was friendly and the location was perfect! We will definitely stay at the Sheraton NY Times Square the next time we visit NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth W

Hello Elizabeth W,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! It is so wonderful to hear that Alex was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The reception at the SPG Platinum Desk was outstanding. Ms Seher Funk provided warm, genuine, simple, authentic and truly amazing reception to me and my spouse. We merely felt special and, individual. Nothing she did or said was corporate. It was simple small talk, heart-felt conversation, and such a grace.
Truly, that has made Sheraton brand in my eyes so much valuable. Yet, I think, employees like her are true gems.
Hotel, however, is in rather a convenient location, the rooms are clean and functional, and the guest services are always ready to assist. It's balanced for business, however, it served us well as a couple.
You should definitely give it a try, if you have not yet stayed in this hotel. We will definitely come back and we had our passion re-ignited for the brand at this hotel due to their wonderful staff members.

Room Tip: Top floor has small but cosy rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vaiduks
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hello Vaiduks,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that Seher was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

I agree our location is perfect being located near Times Square, Central Park, and Rockefeller Center with easy access to great shopping.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City and so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!