Our first trip to the US to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and we planned the
last week for New York! We stayed 4 nights at the Sheraton then moved to Greenwich.
We were feeling a little more weary than we had expected having already had 4 weeks of travel, after visitng Boston, Chicago, Washington and a fabulous 8 day New England "Fall" bus trip.
A very friendly welcome at check in and an unexpected upgrade lifted our spirits immediately.
Our recently renovated King room was on the 42nd floor with a glittering view up 7th Avenue to Times Square.
This hotel is very well located for all one would want to do around Time Square and Broadway.
Although the hotel foyer is never quiet with flight crews from several airlines coming and going as
well hundreds of guests, our room was a quiet sanctuary. Apart from room service on one occasion (very nice) we never ate at the hotel. One negative was our safe door faulted and they had to drill it open which then meant we didn't have a safe for part of our stay. We didnt
use the mini bar fridge which appeared to be one of those if you touch or remove any item even to have a look, you may be charged! There was a coffee machine and tea making facility, an iron and ironing board. Bathroom well equipped with shower over a tub. We found the shower control difficult to manage for temperature settings and the water pressure was not brilliant.
Overall the room was quiet, clean, well equipped, comfortable and in a fabulous location. All staff we had dealings with were extremely helpful, especially the doormen who knew their city and surrounds very well.
We were surprised to find that a "charge applied per bag" for storage for a few hours after check out! The first time ever that we have been charged in all our travels elsewhere in the world!
Would our good experience at the Sheraton have been the same if we had not been upgraded? Who can say, but from this experience, we would definately stay here again.
Beware of all the taxes which are added to your room rate and may not be emphasised when booking, unlike in Australia where the price includes the taxes. These multiple taxes can add hundreds $ to your bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. Our Executive Conference Center has 11,000 sq ft of premium meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Starwood, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton