“Great location. Wonderful staff!”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #286 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We spent two days and two nights here. The staff made it feel like a small town hotel with great care and service. Very friendly and professional people. The location was perfect for us to walk to everything we wanted to see.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. We look forward to your next visit!

.Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I went with a group to New York. It was me and 198 more kids that went. I can understand how keeping track of a hundred kids can be tough, but the Sheraton Hotel might not be the best place to do the job. First I will start with the good. The Starbucks was more than awesome in the lobby. The man who makes the drinks was friendly, funny, and talked to all the customers whether they wanted it or not. He was amazing and I think he should be promoted. The rooms were nice, but small. But they were small because it was a business suite like room and we didn't care cause we were gone most of the time. Plus, it was easier to get to all the action like Times Square, and etc. Now the bad. The maintenance was slow and very inattentive. The staff desk wouldn't do anything when we called and they just stopped answering overall. The staff was also not very nice to the fact they were housing teenagers. But overall, the hotel was nice and what it had in location and time, made up for its lousy service.

Room Tip: Views are not that grand so don't choose a room based off that
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Hello Amberboo61997,

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with our Front Desk service. Our Director of the Front Office takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton because of its location. It's really close to Times Square and the theatre district. The rooms are small, but then again it's NYC. The service is great, very friendly staff both on check in and conciere. I was on the 7th floor and could hear a lot of street noise from below. So suggest that you request a higher floor. Still you hear doors slamming in other rooms as people come and go. Rooms are clean and the accessories are updated (tv, beds couch), but the overall hotel bathrooms, walls could use a remake. They do have a nice attached fitness center. And if you a preferred member you can get free wi-fi. Overall, I liked the hotel for the location and service, but if you are looking for a spacious updated room, you will need to look elsewhere, but then again it's NYC, who spends much time in their rooms:-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Theaters it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. We look forward to your next visit!

.Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed overnight for Broadway matinee and shopping. Comfortable, clean 2 doubles room, though small, but not small for NYC standards. Bed was comfortable, in room amenities were good. While the hotel itself is huge, it's not so unmanageable like other reviewers have said. Check in was alright - there was a wait, but also checking along with us was the flight crew from an international airline (about 20 of them) and several members of a cheerleading team in town for a competition. This sort of thing should be expected from a large, centrally located, moderately priced and really good hotel - there will be crowds and you might have to wait - just leave more than enough time and relax. The fitness center was one of the best - very large, lots of equipment and space for a good workout, and good amenities - water, fruit and the like. Treadmills facing 7th avenue and hotel entrance so you could people watch while you run if not interested in the TV, etc. otherwise available. As with most SPG resorts, there's a Starbucks counter in the lobby and Starbucks available in room. Returning November 2013 for the same trip to the same hotel. I would certainly recommend it to others given its proximity to Times Square and Broadway theatres, and Bobby Flay's Bar Americain, which is literally around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms in the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments of your check in our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton NY Times Square this weekend for one night during a quick trip to the city. I was impressed by the size of the hotel and nice decor, but not much else. Basically 100% agree with stevens397's review. The lobby of the hotel was crazy, there were people EVERYWHERE, though mercifully, the check-in line was short when we arrived. Did not get an upgrade, even though I had used a suite request (I am SPG Platinum). Our room was on the 45th floor, so one level above the Club Lounge. It was down the hall from the elevators, but still noisy. I doubt people were dropping pots and pans but that's pretty much what it sounded like. There's no noise-proofing whatsoever, and we had a connected room. Putting a towel under the door didnt help block noise at all. The room was small but decent, and the bathroom was even smaller. The Club Lounge was okay. It had sodas and small waters, but not really any good snacks out (a few granola bars and bananas). Breakfast was a nightmare - no where to sit and mini bagels and juices and crappy yogurts. Yes, it was in a good location as we could walk to Central Park and have a nice walk, but it was not as close to the main Times Square attractions as I prefer (I have travelled to NY a lot but I still enjoy being near the "touristy stuff").

Basically, this hotel was nice, but if you want to stay in Times Square, I really love the Four Points Times Square on 42nd. Great rooms, great location (yes, I know, it's next to the creepy parole office and next to the bus station, but I was never bothered by either of those and I'm usually travelling alone). Also a Starwood property, stayed there a lot and was never disappointed, but I was disappointed by the Sheraton TS. For another Sheraton in the city, do Sheraton Tribeca on Canal St (I have also reviewed that one). This one has full breakfast (delicious eggs and potatoes) and is one of my favorite hotels in the city.

Room Tip: request a high floor, Club Level if you're SPG
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay Y

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. First and foremost we do apologize for the less than perfect experience in our Club Lounge, also for the noisy lobby and hallways during your stay. Our Directors of Rooms has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Location is excellent.The moment you get out you are on times square, which is the most happening place. rooms are good.The starbucks counter in the lobby is very convenient for those who want to have a light breakfast. Also very close to the broadway theatres.

Room Tip: One should take a room on the higher floor for a good view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. Come visit us soon and share the happiness!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is 5 mins walk from Times Square, the Theatre District and South Central Park and is centrally located for most of the iconic sights. The room was very well appointed, lovely comfortable bed and star bucks complimentary coffee maker included in the room. Take your ear plugs if you are troubled by noise but you are in the centre of New York!! The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a great deli across the road, we had been warned about the high cost of hotel dining and found the deli's best option for breakfast. There is a handy and inexpensive starbucks for refreshments and snacks in the lobby. I would definately recomend this hotel - first time in New York and good place to stay. Handy Tourist Information Centre across the road to pick up all your maps and guides too!

Room Tip: Dont expect a view unless its a penthouse suite - you will be overlooking other skyscrapers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms in the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.