Stayed at the Sheraton NY Times Square this weekend for one night during a quick trip to the city. I was impressed by the size of the hotel and nice decor, but not much else. Basically 100% agree with stevens397's review. The lobby of the hotel was crazy, there were people EVERYWHERE, though mercifully, the check-in line was short when we arrived. Did not get an upgrade, even though I had used a suite request (I am SPG Platinum). Our room was on the 45th floor, so one level above the Club Lounge. It was down the hall from the elevators, but still noisy. I doubt people were dropping pots and pans but that's pretty much what it sounded like. There's no noise-proofing whatsoever, and we had a connected room. Putting a towel under the door didnt help block noise at all. The room was small but decent, and the bathroom was even smaller. The Club Lounge was okay. It had sodas and small waters, but not really any good snacks out (a few granola bars and bananas). Breakfast was a nightmare - no where to sit and mini bagels and juices and crappy yogurts. Yes, it was in a good location as we could walk to Central Park and have a nice walk, but it was not as close to the main Times Square attractions as I prefer (I have travelled to NY a lot but I still enjoy being near the "touristy stuff").
Basically, this hotel was nice, but if you want to stay in Times Square, I really love the Four Points Times Square on 42nd. Great rooms, great location (yes, I know, it's next to the creepy parole office and next to the bus station, but I was never bothered by either of those and I'm usually travelling alone). Also a Starwood property, stayed there a lot and was never disappointed, but I was disappointed by the Sheraton TS. For another Sheraton in the city, do Sheraton Tribeca on Canal St (I have also reviewed that one). This one has full breakfast (delicious eggs and potatoes) and is one of my favorite hotels in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square Hotel, located just steps from the Theater District, Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton