“New York”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #296 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Location is excellent.The moment you get out you are on times square, which is the most happening place. rooms are good.The starbucks counter in the lobby is very convenient for those who want to have a light breakfast. Also very close to the broadway theatres.

Room Tip: One should take a room on the higher floor for a good view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. Come visit us soon and share the happiness!

Joseph Giordano

Write a ReviewReviews (8,732)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is 5 mins walk from Times Square, the Theatre District and South Central Park and is centrally located for most of the iconic sights. The room was very well appointed, lovely comfortable bed and star bucks complimentary coffee maker included in the room. Take your ear plugs if you are troubled by noise but you are in the centre of New York!! The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a great deli across the road, we had been warned about the high cost of hotel dining and found the deli's best option for breakfast. There is a handy and inexpensive starbucks for refreshments and snacks in the lobby. I would definately recomend this hotel - first time in New York and good place to stay. Handy Tourist Information Centre across the road to pick up all your maps and guides too!

Room Tip: Dont expect a view unless its a penthouse suite - you will be overlooking other skyscrapers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms in the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

First of all, I'm spoiled. We use miles and points to travel in style. So I know I'm a bit jaded, but still. Spent one night here rather than driving back to NJ after a concert. Check-in was nothing short of a madhouse. 30 minutes to get to the front of the Starwood Platinum line. Upgrade? Forget it - got a room right next to the elevator and it made it hard to sleep.

Room small but decent. Bathroom small but updated. We had Club access and once again, we were back in the zoo - not nearly enough seating for breakfast, selection fair. Given a credit to use in the hotel so went down to the bar with a friend and were served by the surliest, least friendly bartender I have ever seen. I mean really, if that's your personality, why go into that line of business!

Not my kind of place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevens397

Hello Stevens397,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unpleasant experiences you had with our Staff during your stay.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I spent one night at the Sheraton New York Times Square. The visit was perfect, the check-in was quick, the room was nicely equipped with nice amenities, including Starbucks coffee, comfortable beds, pillows and crisp and clean linen and terry.

The location was superb, the rooms were quiet, and the business center Wi-Fi in the lobby was more than adequate.

The clientele in the lobby was dynamic and cosmopolitan

Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing the very helpful and quick service you experienced during your check in. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York . We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were greeted by Akada, she handled our reservation with professionalism and was very accommodating & friendly. This trip was for my daughters 21st birthday so I had made some special requests and Akada did her best to fulfill them. Would stay here again and hope that we will be greeted by Akada.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. I will definitely make sure Akada is recognized for her efforts and thank you so much for taking the time to mention her friendly personality and warm welcome. I am so happy she provided the guest service Starwood is so known for. I am also pleased that everyone else was friendly and welcoming as well. We aim to exceed your expectations and I am happy to hear that was achieved. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

For this hotel, you are paying for location. The room I had was very small. At checkin, I was told there were no queen rooms left so I would be given a room with 2 beds. This was okay with me as my fiancé wouldn't be joining me for another night. The beds were very small and a tight fit for two people.

The Internet was spotty, as most hotels are. I also found the room to be dirty, with brown spots on the light switches.

Overall, this hotel has a great location with 5 min walk to Times Square and metro stops. It's about a $35-$45 cab ride from LaGuardia airport, depending on traffic. Considering the price of this hotel, you are basically paying for location, with little else being impressive or beyond standard quality.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank businesstravels123

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the service and condition of your room. Our Director of Housekeeping takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I should say that my "flat" overall rating is 4, but when I balance what I get for the money I pay is 1.

Be prepare to pay for everything but the air (yet).

We pay almost 400 US$ a night. I have been in rooms better than this one for the half of the money.

Buffet breakfast cost 30US$ each one. For that amount, I would have expect a better breakfast, and better waiter service. Not even mentioned that half price hotels also include better breakfast.

Add almost 14 US$ for internet. But wait, the list is not over:

They have a great gym, but guess what, yes it is not included in you room fee. Add extra 10 for a visit or 20 for your stay. Wait for the next:

If you receive a package: 10 US$ each one. Yes, believe me, I am not joking.

And if you prefer to leave your luggage for a while after checking out, yes you got it: another almost 4 US$ for each one.

Again, the hotel is nice but I feel the manager, the system or whoever take decisions rip me off.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. First and foremost we would like to sincerely apologize for the unacceptable service you experienced. That is absolutely not the norm for us and we would love to make things right with you. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at (joseph.giordano@sheraton.com) so that we can look further into your experience.