Stayed with friends for a week here to discover the whole of "New York", first timer in the big apple. Overall a really good hotel, the location is great with a subway station on the same corner of the block. The rooms are actually a good size although the bathroom is fairly small/tight but we weren't there to stay in the room! Very clean, decent sized tv (didn't use it much), although we were out by 9-10 most days just watch out housekeeping come round very early (ie from 7) so put your do not disturb sign on the door before going to sleep. Maybe it was just me but the room doors seem to slam shut very loudly.
Times Square is a easy 5 minute walk "downtown", couldn't be any easier/closer without having a lot of tourists getting in your way. Central park is 5-10 minute walk "uptown" which is also worth noting as its a really place to go and check out. Remember to pack your running shoes. A lot of comments on a busy lobby... not that bad and not very important in our eyes as its a busy hotel.
The only negative things (not the biggest of things) were no free wifi in the rooms (only in the lobby), bar prices were steep but we drank at the many local bars within a block or two from the hotel, our safe played up but fixed itself by the final day, luckily we used the other room in the party. The lifts can be slow in peak periods.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and if the price is ok would stay here again if heading to New York.
Apart from the hotel I would highly recommend you get a unlimited metrocard (we got a 7 day pass) and get yourself over to the highliner, meat packing district, Brooklyn, Staten Island (free ferry), Roosevelt island, DUMBO, Noho, Soho, West village, Yankee Stadium etc. Such a great city by both day and night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square Hotel, located just steps from the Theater District, Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton