We picked the Sheraton Time Square as we wanted a location close to all the action, and within walking distance of Central Park and the Hudson River.
Check In: There was some sort of dance competition going on in the hotel so the lobby was FULL of teenagers...literally hundreds of kids...not the kind of welcome we were hoping for - especially since this was the first holiday away from our kids in two years!! The lady who checked us in was a bit on the rude side...disputed my gold status, and did not offer any points etc. And when I indicated I'd take the 500 Starwood points she never did add it to my account. She might have been fed up with all the racket in the lobby...so I'm going to look past this. I don't blame her for being a bit grouchy...that lobby was a gong show.
Rooms: Very nice - recently renovated but a bit on the small size...in particular the bathroom. Very comfortable beds though! Given all the racket in the lobby...we were fortunate that the noise was not on the floors...we have a very quiet and restful stay.
Concierge: Very helpful in getting our tickets for the NY Yankees and with maps etc.
Lobby: I've already mentioned the whirlwind going on in the lobby...but that being said there is a really nice coffee shop that provides Starbucks coffees...and a place to check email etc. When it wasn't overrun with kids...it was a nice place to have a quick coffee snack.
Gift Shop: A very friendly and helpful lady in the giftshop...it is a bit out of the way (past the check-in desk) but it very well stocked.
Overall a pretty a good stay and an awesome location in NYC. It would have been better without the 10,000 teenagers...but that didn't diminish the fact that this is a very good place to stay if you want to be in the heart of the action off Time Square.
A suggestion...the Maison restaurant which is kitty corner from the Sheraton is a great spot for Breakfast or quick pint on the patio! It was our regular morning stop!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square Hotel, located just steps from the Theater District, Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton