“good location”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #284 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

hotel is in a very good location, close to subway lines, central park, 42nd st etc... room was ok, bit small but clean and apparently refurb recently. Hotel needs to work with security, the hotel is in a crowded area and anybody can walk up to your floor...

• Stayed: June 2013
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. We look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed 8 nights by myself at the Sheraton in NYC after plans for a family reunion fell through three weeks before the trip. I ended up changing my hotel to one that seemed more central. The hotel was the perfect spot for visits to Times Square, Central Park, the theaters as well as many tourist attractions. At all times I felt safe walking even at night from Times Square or after theatres finished. The hotel and room were very clean and staff were all very helpful when asking for information. When I checked in there were no rooms available with a queen bed and was given a room with two doubles and free wi fi to compensate, which suited me perfectly. Really enjoyed the convenience of a Starbucks in the foyer. A very enjoyable holiday in a wonderful city.

1  Thank Ontheplaneagain7
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel in the morning i knew that my room would not be ready. It was to my surprise that hotel receptionist Joy went out of her way to find an available room so I could freshen up. In the process she also upgraded my room. Thanks Joy for your help.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is so wonderful to hear that Joy was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on a very rainy day and were only staying one night. When the receptionist checked us in and discovered that it was our 32nd wedding anniversary, she upgraded us to the club floor and sent up a bottle of wine with cheese, crackers, and some fruit. I could not have asked for better treatment on a slow day, let alone on a day where the hotel was filled with guests and field trips. They went the extra mile to make my anniversary special and it was so appreciated!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was trapped at the Sheraton Times Square for three days at a conference. Although it was not their fault and the catering was good, the facilities were inadequate for the 1,000 people we had attending. I couldn't "find" people due to the overcrowding on the second floor, although I appreciated the fact that I could access my room directly without having to go down to the lobby. The best part were the elevators, as I never had to wait a long time to get the next one. As to the the room itself, it was very basic; toiletries are tiny and not nice, the air conditioning did not sufficiently cool and remove the humidity from the room and the chairs provided for sitting were not relaxing or comfortable. I would have gladly given up the desk for an armchair and ottoman. The bed was all right with good pillows, but kind of hard. The design of the room was nothing to write home about and did not really add to my experience. The banging of doors at night and bells from the elevators woke me up. The situation of the hotel is great, as it is right on lines going to JFK and Downtown, but that is one of its few advantages. It is possible to get this place on Priceline at rates of about a third of what we paid on business.

Room Tip: Views are not great, so consider a room close to the lobby, especially if you are at a conference.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. First and foremost we do apologize for the busy lobby and also the mal function of the air conditioning during your stay our Director of Engineering has been notified. We hope you will give us another chance to give you the best experience you deserve.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed there May 15-20, 2013 we arrived at 2 am with our baggage and bike boxes as we were competing in the Gran Fondo bike race. We asked for a room on the 48th floor as this is where our friends were staying, we were told that no room on that floor was available.We checked in, went to our room on the 38th room, it was still dirty from the previous guests. I stayed with the baggage, my daughter went back to the front desk and presto, there was a room available on the 48th room. We dragged our baggage and bike boxes to the 48th floor and the card keys didn't work, back to the front desk. By now we were more than tired and really annoyed. One good point, the beds are comfy. When we checked out they charged the wrong credit card, which we didn't know about, so our friend was charged and it took multiple long distance phone calls to Customer Service to sort out as there is no contact email and any email that they send comes with a "do not reply to this email address". Really, I have had better hotel service in rural India. At those prices the service should be top notch. All I want is acknowledgement of the errors and the hassles for us, an apology would be nice too but I'm not holding my breath!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. First and foremost we would like to sincerely apologize for the unacceptable service you experienced. That is absolutely not the norm for us and we would love to make things right with you. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at (joseph.giordano@sheraton.com) so that we can look further into your experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here as part of a school group on a whirlwind trip to NYC and had very low expectations. I am happy to report that we had a great stay. The room was very nice, in great condition, and impeccably clean. The bed was very comfortable. Considering that they had multiple school groups staying in the hotel that would congregate in the lobby, it was impressive that it was always very clean. I loved the Starbucks in the lobby that the kids could use. Having had a disappointing stay at the W Hotel Time Square earlier in the week, the Sheraton was a very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I am very lifted by your review and very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the great experienced of our renovated rooms!

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!