Personally, I would say this hotel is great! We stayed here for a week in April. From the moment we arrived, the service was immpeccable. Alexander on front desk was very welcoming, talking away to us about England and our trip! He picked up it was our honeymoon and we later found chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on ice in our room. This was a very nice touch and will never be forgotten. We booked a club room (i believe these have recently been refurbished) and it was lovely. Clean, spacious (for a city) and very comfortable. We had access to the club lounge which was very welcoming and value for money. Each day, they provided a continental breakfast (bagesl, croissants, hard boiled eggs, yoghurts, cereals, muffins, porridge etc) between 6.30-9.30 and then evening snacks (cheese, biscuits, dips, celery, cucumber, pepper, olives etc) between 5.30-7.30. Throughout the day you could get as much starbucks coffee, water, cans of coke that you needed too. This saved us so much money! The club lounge also included complimentary wifi, again, another great money saver.
The location was fantastic! Just across the road from Times Square and the theatre district. A subway station outside and in the middle of all attractions! Each staff member we met was very polite and welcoming and yes - it is a very busy hotel, but a GREAT place to people watch! If the front desk was busy, we left it until it was clear (I think that's the key!)
We had a burger at the Hudson Market Place which was massive! But not too expensive and Anthony at concierge was very helpful in giving us information about the Big Red Bus Tours (these are a must if you want to see a lot of New York in a short space of time).
The only negatives I could perhaps point out is that there was not not much water pressure in the shower and the bedroom walls are fairly thin. Thankfully we were on a higher floor (45) although we could still hear traffic, so just take earplugs if you are a light sleeper!
What a lovely hotel. If we were ever to return to New York, I would definitely look into staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel. Located just steps from the Theater District, our hotel in NYC sits between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton