“The perfect honeymoon”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #298 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Personally, I would say this hotel is great! We stayed here for a week in April. From the moment we arrived, the service was immpeccable. Alexander on front desk was very welcoming, talking away to us about England and our trip! He picked up it was our honeymoon and we later found chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on ice in our room. This was a very nice touch and will never be forgotten. We booked a club room (i believe these have recently been refurbished) and it was lovely. Clean, spacious (for a city) and very comfortable. We had access to the club lounge which was very welcoming and value for money. Each day, they provided a continental breakfast (bagesl, croissants, hard boiled eggs, yoghurts, cereals, muffins, porridge etc) between 6.30-9.30 and then evening snacks (cheese, biscuits, dips, celery, cucumber, pepper, olives etc) between 5.30-7.30. Throughout the day you could get as much starbucks coffee, water, cans of coke that you needed too. This saved us so much money! The club lounge also included complimentary wifi, again, another great money saver.
The location was fantastic! Just across the road from Times Square and the theatre district. A subway station outside and in the middle of all attractions! Each staff member we met was very polite and welcoming and yes - it is a very busy hotel, but a GREAT place to people watch! If the front desk was busy, we left it until it was clear (I think that's the key!)
We had a burger at the Hudson Market Place which was massive! But not too expensive and Anthony at concierge was very helpful in giving us information about the Big Red Bus Tours (these are a must if you want to see a lot of New York in a short space of time).
The only negatives I could perhaps point out is that there was not not much water pressure in the shower and the bedroom walls are fairly thin. Thankfully we were on a higher floor (45) although we could still hear traffic, so just take earplugs if you are a light sleeper!
What a lovely hotel. If we were ever to return to New York, I would definitely look into staying here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the club rooms if you can get a good deal. It is definitely worth paying the extra...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jobeans90
Write a ReviewReviews (8,637)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

First time in nyc and we had the time of our lives. Hotel was great overall and there were more pros than Cons.
Pros, location, can walk to rockerfeller centre and btw do top of rock rather than empire if u must choose. Carneigie deli and ellens stardust right there too. Times sq etc.
Central park on ure doorstep which I would happily live in. Anyway back to hotel, the bed was soooo comfortable, loved it, the rooms were well equipped and so clean. We loved the club room, well worth the extra money,, the staff were so friendly esp lovely Mohammed,,what a star.... The views and food and drinks in the evening after a long day will be treasured. The staff in.general we thought very helpful and friendly. Also I never saw a queue for the elevator or checkin desk..we had no problems there.
Cons, very little atall, there were a few problems with the room which I'm sorry to say never were resolved. But we sucked it up and enjoyed nyc. Just beware king club rooms with sofa bed for a child, ure lanky 15 year old won't fit in.it,. Also as it was my.40th we asked.could we have a nice view if possible of the park or times sq only to be told, there are only 3 rooms in this entire hotel with views, everyone else looks into offices. Very rude,,, this was also a lie as we could see very well into other rooms when.cleaners had the door open beautiful central park and times sq views. I'll not mention the girls name but I found her the only rude staff member.
Anyway, I loved club staff but we are booked again for Oct and sorry to say we Will look for another hotel but only due to that one staff member.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank nools40
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel the night of April 13th for my birthday and were both extremely impressed starting with the professionalism of the attendant on the phone (I think her name was Sherry) to the friendly smiles and “good mornings” from the housekeeping ladies that were in our hallway on our way out.

Our room was clean and surprisingly larger than I had expected from a New York City hotel. I had forgotten my toothbrush and the front desk had assured me that I could keep the one that they had provided in the mini bar for $4.00 free of charge. I stay at Sheratons all the time and I can’t say enough about the beds! They are the MOST comfortable beds you will find!

Brunch Sunday morning was FANTASTIC and I would recommend it to anyone even if you are not staying as a guest of the hotel. There was a large variety of hot breakfast foods, continental pastries, salad bar, soup, cold cuts, gourmet desserts that looked more like artwork than food. And who could forget the Belgium waffle maker with REAL maple syrup! The food was fresh and service was friendly and timely.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention AKADA at the front desk. She was there to assist us when we checked in Saturday evening and then again as we checked out Sunday morning. She was professional, efficient, witty, and made us feel right at home. You are lucky to have her as an employee and I would steal her away if I could!

Thank you all so much for making my birthday a night to remember!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roseann A
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Sheraton Times Square w/b 31 March 2013 and loved every minute of this hotel. From checking in, Sandeep the associate who checked us in at reception was a model employee who was so helpful and courteous, he made us feel very welcome and although it was pretty busy at reception (with other folks checking in), there seemed to be a ‘buzzy’ good atmosphere and there wasn’t any long delays or lines building up.

As it was my partner’s and I’s engagement I had pre-arranged for a celebratory bottle of champagne to be delivered to the room and my thanks to associates Naomi Perez and particularly Sudani K. Martin for dealing with this and making it such a special occasion. Room service was excellent and I count it as one of my best experiences, as the food supplied was delicious, delivered speedily and without undue delay and was carried out efficiently and diligently by staff. I would have absolutely no hesitation in staying at this hotel again, as it is in a brilliant location close to all the amenities of Times Square.

Only thing we didnt like was having to pay for wifi in the room, this kinda wrankled as any stranger (non-paying) could walk off the street and use the free wifi in the Lobby! Hope this can be reviewed, but that's the only minor complaint but still worth addressing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MCStewart69
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Everything about this property is great - staff (Jade is on top of things, helpful, and remembers your name/room number), location (E line subway in front of hotel), room (received an upgrade). Sadly, the hotel does not participate in "Make a green choice" - here for 7 nights (still here). My AAA rate included free wifi and access to fitness center, else be prepared to pay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife arrived at the desk after having booked our rooms and were fortunate enough to be served by an associate named Warren. Warren saw to it that all our questions were answered, that we had an amazing room with a view of Times Square, complementary email service and complimentary breakfast through out our stay. Our room was clean and very satisfactory. When we return to New York City we will be staying at the Sheraton again. The bell captain helped explain the subway system and the entire staff has been outstanding. If you are looking for a great place to stay that is in the middle of Times Square and the Show district the Sheraton is the place for you, and be sure to ask for Warren. Thanks Warren for the great service and cheese and wine delivered to our room. We are having the time of our lives.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for business travel and it was excellent. However, because it was business, I wasn't bothered about the price. The hotel itself was clean and really centrally located. If you're looking for a midtown or times square hotel with easy access to the park, you're in a pretty awesome place. The room was large by normal New York hotel standards and had the most comfortable bed ever!

However, the hotel is super busy and can be noisy. This didn't bother me at all but if you're looking for peace and quiet, staying in midtown Manhattan may not be the best idea for you. There seemed to be a lot of groups which would possibly ruin a romantic weekend. But overall, excellent hotel and if you don't mind midtown noise and bustle, excellent location and service.

Room Tip: Go up high!! And try to face 7th avenue so you get a view. The view on 53rd street from lower floors...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business