“Comfy beds”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #287 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you want a good night's sleep and some space, this is the hotel for you. Location is amazing...walking distance to Times Square, Central Park, and several trains. Wouldn't mind staying here again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coconino1
Devon C, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

coconino1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our facilities met your needs and expectations. Our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are very popular with our guests! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,468)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

So I have already reviewed this hotel and found it lacking several months ago. But we were recently given the opportunity to return and were pleasantly surprised by the experience. We stayed this past weekend for 2 nights in a club level suite. Brand new updated room with plenty of room for my husband and 2 year old. The check in process was very smooth and much quicker than before. Special kudos to Damien- our bellman- who was so excited to give our daughter crayons and a coloring book on check in. (She used that book all weekend:-)
If you are traveling with children, I highly recommend this club level 1 bedroom suite. (we were in room 4531). There was a small living room with comfortable updated furnishings and a large (for NYC) bedroom with very comfortable King sized bed. You could close pocket doors to the living room which allowed us to relax and watch TV after we put our daughter to bed. The bathroom was nicely updated and large with a huge shower (for NYC) and separate tub area.
It was really easy to get up in the am and go 1 club level down and grab a continental breakfast and there were plenty of toddler friendly selections. Housekeeping was great and made up our room by 9am both days. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend and I very much enjoyed our stay. So glad we gave this hotel another chance.

Cons: This is a busy hotel in a touristy location. If you are looking for a boutique hotel experience, this is not it. Lots of NYC tourists. Its also tricky to get a cab from this location in the early evening heading uptown.

Room Tip: Club level suite is the way to go and you might even get a great view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jktravelbug

jktravelbug,

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that you returned to our hotel and had a good experience. Our club level rooms offer a unique and more luxurious experience and we are glad you enjoyed it. We appreciate your kind words regarding our bellman and we look forward to passing on the word to them. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here in August for a convention being held a the Hilton down the street. My friend and I shared a double bed room on the 16th floor. We initially checked and went to our room to discover that someone else was already checked into that room! A reminder to everyone as to why you shouldn't leave valuables in your room. Another thought on their security ... I was able to walk into the checked luggage area and put things in and out of my bags that were left in an overflow area to the side several times without anyone noticing me. Didn't make me feel real comfortable leaving electronics in it so I took them out. No one questioned me at all.

On our second room a dirty washcloth was left behind by housekeeping but everything else was in order.

The beds were comfortable, as always, for a Sheraton and everything else was OK. This is a hotel in the middle of NYC and as long as you go in knowing that most NYC rooms are small, on the expensive side, and you need to be careful with your things, you will enjoy your trip.

This hotel is in a good location for easy walking to Times Square.

We paid $230 a night on a conference rate. I marked 'average' on pool and spa because that should be n/a for me....in fact, not sure they even have them?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Barb L,

Thank you for the review. On behalf of our team we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our property. Our front desk team should have paid more attention before checking you into a room and we are addressing this issue with them. The level of attention and service you received is not the norm for us and we hope you will return for another stay.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I wrote a less than stellar review on this property last year due to service, but came back as we got a good deal online.

Service was wonderful, check in was super easy and couldn't be friendlier. The entire check in process was much improved and very efficient. There were a ton of people working which made the wait less than a minute.

The room was very nice and a nice size for NYC, great city views!

We had a great time at this hotel, would certainly recommend it to others. In a great location, close to everything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elisabeth24

Elisabeth24,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. There is nothing better than hearing that your experience was a positive one from the start. We are glad to see that you gave us another chance and we met your needs and expectations. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and it looks like we have succeeded! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed for 1 night this past weekend and while the hotel itself was overall clean and most of the staff was good to encounter, I had 1 incident that takes the cake.

After returning to my room from dinner and drinks around 1230am I found my sheets to not be clean. I phoned the front desk as it was late and I wanted to go to sleep. They said someone would be right up and they would give me 2500 starwood points for the inconvenience. 20 minutes later I had to call again because no one had arrived and at that late hour I just wanted to be comfortable. When someone did come up, they were going to have my change the sheets instead of taking care of it for me. The gentleman did change the sheets but he stunk of cigarette smoke like he was just coming off of the break and was definitely not happy that he had to actually do something other than give me the sheets.

Otherwise my trip was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

tamf2010,

Thank you for sharing your experience. On behalf of our team we apologize for the negative experience you had with us. We can assure you that the level of service you experienced is not the norm for us and we would like to make things right. We hope you will return so that we can give you the experience and service you deserve.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

After getting over seeing a cockroach walking across the bathroom floor as we stepped into our room, this hotel is your average big chain hotel in a big city. Great location just north of Times Squate and just a few blocks south of Central Park. If you are a runner do not miss the opportunity to take a morning jog through Central Park,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCSRQ

This review was addressed offline.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Tourist location, so a bit busy but central to lots of sights, restaurants, gray line bus tour stop and taxi rank. We stayed in a standard room, which was nicely decorated, 2 x very comfy double beds, tea/coffee maker, hair drier, iron, so more than adequate. Ice machine on every floor. We didn't find the bar very welcoming, rather dark, but apart from that, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

MacD4,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our location is one of the best, right in the middle of all the major NYC attractions. We are so proud of our newly renovated guest rooms, we like to hear that our guests enjoy them too. Come back and visit us again soon!