“So Convenient!”

Ranked #296 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Silver Creek, GA
“So Convenient!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My daughter and I went to NYC for a few days recently. We stayed at the Hotel. We were very pleased. It was so convenient to the "action"! Within walking distance to great shopping, shows, theater and food. The only thing I didn't understand was why they didn't have a complimentary breakfast...had to pay for everything...even internet in our room...although you could go to the lobby and use it free. Overall it is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We went on the 11th floor....was afraid it would be noisy at night being on Times Square but didn...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear JoAnn W,

Thank you for posting a review. We are happy to learn that the location of the Hotel was convenient and that you were pleased with your stay experience. We look forward to hosting you again should you travel back to the city.

Brendan Moraes-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,103)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Manhattan at Times Square is in a great location - just up from the hub of all the action. Plenty of Deli's and shopping all around. Everything is within walking distance. The hotel is a bit run down now and could do with an upgrade, elevator system old and slow. However the rooms were clean. We shared a room with our teenage boys which we found cramped for four of us, however when travelling on a budget this met the criteria. Wifi expensive so used free wifi in other places. Breakfast very expensive so we used local deli's. Really enjoyed having the coffee/tea making facilities in the room. Overall a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dustygirl44,

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate the feedback you have given us and want you to know that we are making some enhancements at the Hotel and are currently in the process of modernizing our elevators. We appreciate your understanding while we go through this process and look forward to welcoming you again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2014

In 2013, we stayed at the Manhattan Hotel on times square in New York. They were undergoing renovations, but we figured they would still have a sense for customer service. There was a lot of noise, the bell men were rude, the wait time to get our bags once we checked out and prior to departing for the airport was really bad, since they housed these bags in some guest rooms on upper floors. They finally had to ask us to go to those rooms to find our bags. As is the norm, when a hotel is undergoing renovations, there will be some inconveniences, so that is not the real issue. The issue I have is what they do after they know of shortcomings. Well I simply wrote about my experience, seeing that it was a special personal occassion I was in New York for. Shortly after, I got an email from the Guest Experiences manager there, apologizing and appearing genuine in her quest to secure my loyalty, by offering a discounted rate (30% off the lowest rate) the next time I was there. I took that at face value and was prepared to give her the benefit of at least following up on my experience. When I decided to to go back to New York, I decided I would email her to see if she was true to her word...To my surprise, I didnt get a response to my two emails. At the end of July 2014 I plan to go to New York again and again, wrote to her to see if maybe last time, she might have been away. Again, no response at all. I feel that if she wasn't prepared to make amends, then no empty promises should have been made. This makes me feel that she had to respond to the original note so she can let her boss know that all is okay, but not have to follow through on the commitments or hope I never show up there again. Well, the non response clearly tells me that The Manhattan hotel does not take Customer retention seriously. Frankly for the price, I was and continue to be much more satisfied with the Sheraton at Times Square.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Al n n,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While it is never pleasant to hear of our shortcomings, your comments are instrumental in helping us in our endeavor of achieving total guest satisfaction. We apologize for not being responsive to your e-mails and ask you to please contact me or any of our Managers on Duty on 212-581-3300 or via e-mail manhattangr@mtshotel.com so that we have the opportunity to communicate with you directly.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just want to thank Ron at the concierge desk for all his help in getting my Mom a wheelchair so that we could get her around the city and enjoy the sites. The staff at this hotel are great! It was our second time staying here with many more to come. Thanks again Ron...we miss you and hope you enjoyed the ice cream bar! Joanne Vargas and Phyllis Welsh

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank joanne v
Dear Joanne V,

Thank you for posting a 5 star review. We are delighted to know you had a pleasant experience at the Hotel. I will share your appreciation with Ron and the team as we anxiously look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Outstanding location in the heart of midtown. Walking distance to everything worth seeing in Midtown. No restaurant (breakfast bar available in lobby), but that is just fine with us. Why eat in hotel restaurants when you have the whole city to work with? Staff was very cordial and helpful.
Also, this is a great value for NYC. Spend your money on food, drink, and theater - not on the hotel.
Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Did the whole reservation on line. They follow up with email specials and reminders.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dough L,

Thank you for posting 5 star review. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel and appreciate your feedback to future travelers. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to New York.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Air in the room didn't work. Door was heavy and hard to open. Only stayed for two days so didn't bring it up to the front desk. Their website said they offered rides to the airport, but when I asked they told me they couldn't get a shuttle in time for my flight. Would have been nice to know I needed to let them know early. They also didn't bring up any of the hotels services.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank eaterooeo
Dear Eaterooeo,

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate your feedback which will help us improve our services for future travelers. We hope to have another opportunity to better serve you on your return to the Hotel.

New york
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Location was great if you're looking to be close to everything, staff was great, only one complaint- wifi shouldn't be that costly and if you're paying for it you should be able to use more than two devices on it at the same time- otherwise definitely recommend!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank hanz95
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Hanz95,

Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review about your recent stay. We appreciate your wonderful comments and your recommendation of our Hotel to future travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to the city.