“Great location at an affordable price”

The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #296 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Great location at an affordable price”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

When in New York City as a tourist, I feel Midtown Manhattan is probably the best part of the city to be in. This hotel is located on 7th and 52nd, only four blocks from Central Park (to the north) and 3 blocks from Times Square (south). Fifth Ave. is 2 blocks away, hence making it a terrific location as a pedestrian.

As for the hotel, the amenities are very decent. The floor my room was in was clean. The room, though not elegant, did have an decent décor, which I would say with a few enhancement could end up being a more luxurious experience. But overall, the room was clean and comfortable.

The staff, specially at the reception, I found to be very professional and serviceable. All of my requests were met without hesitation. Kudos to management for this, and for the full package they offer.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is clean and practical if you are coming in and out often.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank carlos828
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Carlos828,

Thank you for posting a review. We are happy that you had a positive experience at the Hotel and look forward to your return.

Brendan Moraes-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,103)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was my 3rd trip to New York, I went with my parents so i wanted the best location for them, It was there anniversary while we where in New York and i emailed the hotel to ask for a good view from our room. On arrival to my surprise my parents were presented with a box of chocolates and a congratulations from the Receptionist Rose, She let us check in early as we arrived at 12pm and check in is at 4pm (but there secure baggage room was very well organised and safe) The room also had a fantastic view! This suited us as we wanted to freshen up and head out. The room had plenty of room for the 3 of us, it wasn't decorated in a modern way but it was very clean, Beds comfortable and there was everything we needed, tea, coffee, TV and a comfy bed. The bathroom was a little small but over all we were more than happy. We spent 90% of our day out and about so the room suited us for comfort and warmth as it was -5c outside! Free wifi is in the Lobby so it can get busy from time to time with people on phones and laptops but this was no issue. Gym was on the small side and very warm! no air-con which was my only gripe but over all i would recommend this Hotel to anyone. Location is great as soon as you step outside you are on times square. There is a great little Deli shop next door that does the BEST sandwiches and cakes and the famous Stardust Diner is literally just around the corner (recommend it, cheap good food and very entertaining, Broadway actor's sing and dance to entertain, they are the waitress/waiter's, fantastic for the kids and big kids) We also went to the Body Works Museum, if you are interested in that type of stuff (like me) then id highly recommend this. I would also recommend the Marriot Marquis Hotel in Times Square to the View Bar, its a revolving bar with wonderful view of New York, it opens at 5pm and between 5pm-7pm its free, after 7pm you pay a small charge. Its a little pricey especially for cocktails but i would 100% recommend this before you leave just for the views and amazing ambiance. We also got a late check out by the wonderful Rose, i cant thank her enough for the wonderful welcome and good bye.

Room Tip: An email to the hotel before hand of your expectations wont be ignored..
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Benneka
Dear Benneka,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that we were able to make your stay memorable and look forward to many more visits when you travel to New York.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I arrived to new york with a very strong back pains and I could not even stand on 2 legs. After the first night I have called to the front desk to ask for any doctor that can come to the hotel. After few min. a security man name John Muller has come to my room and from that moment took care of everything that I needed. He also spoke to the front desk to let me check out late without any extra charge so I can rest in the room untill the flight.
The hotel is also few steps from Time's Square so the location is great!
The rooms are not so new but big and with a lot of space.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank uri777
Dear Uri777,

Thank you for posting a review. The positive comments about the service you received and your recommendation of our Hotel to other travels is very much appreciated. We hope you have fully recovered and look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to the city.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Good hotel near to the Time Square. The beds are nice and comfortable. The bathrooms are also nice. They dont have complimentary wifi in the rooms which is little irritating but they have complimentary wifi in their lobby. Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose for rooms facing the 7th avenue
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear DoporyPeaceTraveller,

Thank you for posting a positive review. We are happy that you had a favorable stay experience and look forward to serving you again.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you want to be right in the arts section to see a show, or have a great time visiting, I Highly Recommend The Manhattan at Times Square. Feet from broadway shows, restaurants and Central Park this should be on your list. The room is smaller than I expected, but who spends much time in your room with so much within walking distance. The price can't be beat - nor the service. A busy popular location makes people watching fun.

Room Tip: I booked online and added the $7 possible upgrade and was a lucky recipient. This put me on a higher...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kristin E
Dear Kristin E,

Thank you for posting a positive review. We are happy that the location of our Hotel suited your travel needs and the service you received during your stay was memorable. We look forward to being of service again in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I travelled to New York with a friend in March 2014. We chose this hotel on a friend's recommendation (and also because it was reasonably priced) and we were not disappointed, The hotel was is in a great location and our double room was a good size. The bed was very comfortable, there was plenty of storage (large chest of drawers and wardrobe with safe), and the bathroom was clean. There was some noise from those staying next door, but it wasn't excessive. Staff were quite helpful; a porter recommended a restaurant close by when we asked as well as directing us to the subway. All in all a great base and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary G
Dear Mary G,

Thank you for posting a positive review about your stay experience. We are happy to know that we met your expectations and you would choose our Hotel for a return stay.

Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I read several negative reviews about the hotel; particularly mentioning noise, excessive heat; and uncleanliness. I called ahead to secure a quiet room; the hotel obliged with a REALLY quiet room; I heard absolutely nothing from any neighbors. However; the room was unbearably hot; I had to sleep with the windows open; which bought in lots of noise from Times Square. Not ideal. However; the bed was super comfortable & clean; the bathroom was nice; clean; everything I needed; and the room was a decent size. The room was beat up and shabby but did not feel dirty; however the hallways were a different story....torn carpeting; un-vacuumed and very dirty. Lobby big; staff helpful; efficient; and nice. So given the very reasonable price I paid and the fantastic location; I think I did really well for a two-night solo business trip to NYC!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor for quiet; away from ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear NinaW763,

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate your comments and want you to know that we take all our guest comments seriously in an effort to improve our service delivery for future guest stays. We hope to have another opportunity to better serve you when you return to New York.