The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
$316
$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
$170
  • Pool
$341
Marriott Hotels
$236
$205
  • Bar/Lounge
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$222
$212
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
8,983 results
All reviewsbreakfast bartimes squaregreat locationgrab and gonew yorkcentral parkearly checkrockefeller centerfew blocksmohammeddollydoloresmanhattanalambroadwaysubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in November.
First impressions, Check in staff very abrupt .got to lifts thought we had arrived in an earlier centaury.
Room good size, but absolutely filthy seems whoever hoovers can not reach more than 6 inches to the skirting board.
Bed not too bad, but valance was filthy.
Bathroom toilet very dirty, bath FILTHY.
Had a locked connecting door and thought people were trying to come into our room at odd times.
The situation of this hotel is excellent, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear 840Linda,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations and apologize for the inconveniences you faced at the Hotel. Please know this is not the type of service we want our guest to experience when they depart from the Hotel. Please contact me or any of the Managers on Duty on 212-581-3300 or via e-mail, manhattangr@mtshotel.com as we would like to know if there is anything we can do to make up for your unfavorable experience at the Hotel.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been in my room for 25 minutes and the only reason I am still here is because it seems all the other hotels near by are sold out. First, when I got to my room the door wasn't locked/shut all the way. That made me nervous that someone could have tampered with my room, or could even be in my room. After I did a dash through safety check for an intruder I noticed all the stains on the walls, broken outlets, stained bedskirt, chipped bathtub, etc. Just gross. I didn't even really want to set my belongings down as this seems like a place where I could catch something. I called the front desk and asked if there was a renovated room I could move to and he said no. I understand renovations need to happen, but how are dirty sheets related to a renovation? Even after it's completed I wont ever stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lagreenwell
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Lagreenwell,

Thank you for posting a review. We are concerned about your comments and want you to know the safety and security of our guests is paramount to us. We also pride ourselves on providing our guest with the best possible experience and apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments were shared with the team in an effort to improve our services at the Hotel. Please contact me or any of the Managers on Duty on 212-581-3300 or via e-mail, manhattangr@mtshotel.com so that we have an opportunity to personally communicate with you to regain your confidence and trust.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

First things first - NYC Times Square. Great location, reasonable price and friendly staff. All in all unless you expected luxury for a budget price then you got what you paid for. That being said they do have some serious issues with the renovation.

We were fortunate I believe to get a "renovated room" but that really had some issues and if i were the owner of the hotel I would have serious concerns with the quality of the works carried out by the contractors and would be expecting some improvements.

We stayed in 512 (newly renovated) and this room had the following issues.
-The ceiling over the bath was already cracked and collapsing
- Paint finish was terrible
- Bathroom wallpaper was already peeling up in places
- sinks dont drain
- bathroom plug mechanism had been removed (by housekeeping) in order to drain the tub when cleaning and was never replaced
- Wall heater had a number of 1cm square holes in the shroud which vent directly outside, this combined with the...
- huge gap under and around the door that was locked off from the old terrace let in blasts of icy cold air all day and night as well as
- water leaking into the room through the heater when it rains..and
- The safe was bolted to a piece of wood in the cupboard which seems ok except you could just pick up the piece of wood and walk out with the safe.

The terrible quality of work and the finish around the old terrace door combined with not having any access to the terrace was a big MINUS in my books.

All that aside when its all finished I would probably stay there again just due to the location and price combination.

Just please get your contractors to do a decent job.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rusty_0505
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Rusty_505,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay experience. While it is never pleasant to hear of our shortcomings, your comments are instrumental in guiding us towards total guest Satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you were put through at the Hotel and know that your comments were channeled to the appropriate department to avoid any future guest from experiencing the same. Please contact me or any of the Managers on Duty on 212-581-3300 or via e-mail, manhattangr@mtshotel.com so that we have an opportunity to personally communicate with you to regain your confidence and trust.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as part of a deal with BA, after booking it I started to read reviews and see pictures of the hotel and got ready for a disapointing stay. I would have to disagree with those reviews since staying. The lobby was not the best but being refurbished so understandable. I arrived early and managed to check in without any problems. We received a newly refurbished room which had plenty of space for 2 with a great sized bed. All staff were friendly and helpful. I will be returning next year and would recommend to anyone looking to stay in New York

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JamieHobson

Dear JamieHobson,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about your Hotel stay. We pride ourselves on delivering our guest the best possible experience when visiting New York and are delighted that your comments are reflective of the service you received at the Hotel. Please contact me or any of the Managers on Duty on 212-581-3300 or via e-mail, manhattangr@mtshotel.com so that we can personally take care of your reservations when you return next year.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I got a room here for my parents who were in town for a few days. Hotwire.com website had it listed for $108 a night so I jumped at it. I should have known!!! The lobby is being renovated so every time they went in there it was a maze to get trough of construction tarps, workers, banging hammers, etc... The carpets in the hallways are dirty and stained. The room has seen better days. The chair at the desk was broken, the air conditioner wasn't working so the room was blazing hot. The only saving grace was the sheets, and bathroom were clean.

I would wait until this hotel is fully renovated. I would NOT recommend this hotel to family/friends who are coming into town anytime soon.

For the location you can't beat it. For the price you can't beat the location. If you're looking for a 3 or 4 star hotel this ain't it!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen A

Dear Stephen A,

Thank you for writing a review about your parent’s stay experience. We are disheartened to know from your comments that we did not meet their needs and apologize for all the inconveniences they faced while at the Hotel. We are in the process of enhancing our guest amenities and appreciate your understanding while we go through this process. We hope you will consider returning to the Hotel to enjoy the improvements being undertaken.