“Great Stay at the Manhattan for the price”

The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #285 of 467 Hotels in New York City
South Florida, Florida
“Great Stay at the Manhattan for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently got back home from a five night stay at the Manhattan. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. The location just 2 blocks from the TKTS booth and Times Square on 7th avenue is convenient to all the Broadway theaters and most of the museums. The hotel is also convenient to Central Park, just 8 blocks north ( a short 5 to 10 minute walk). We like to stay at this hotel in the summer because their prices around late June and July are about 25% less than the spring and fall season. When we arrived we were upgraded to a king bed with a decent view on the 18th floor.
The room was updated and adequate size with pretty thorough housekeeping performed daily (we notice these things). The only negative we found with this hotel is the charge for in-room WIFI of $15 per day. You can walk down to the lobby and get WIFI for free but sitting space in the lobby is scarce, all the chairs are usually occupied.
We did not try the food or concierge services since we had our Zagats and there are so many great restaurants nearby. We had already secured theater tickets on-line prior to our arrival at the hotel. On previous visits we tried the TKTS line and this worked too.

Room Tip: Always choose a higher floor in a NYC hotel due to traffic and sometimes construction related noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamusaba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Clinton, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel could definitely use some renovations, but it was not as bad as some other reviewers have said. The beds were comfortable and fresh towels were available... Especially since the maid service linen cart was always parked right across the hall from our room! This came in handy for my family of teenagers! If you are looking for a fancy romantic get-away, this is not for you. But, for the price in Times Square... And the location, it is fine. I would stay there again, for the price and location.

Room Tip: I had read to get a room high up, but we were on the 7th floor and we had a view if the city street...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in June 2013 in The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel. The location is excellent - but I did not like the hotel. It is old and dirty. There where bugs and spiders in my room. The price for internet was normal (if I remember right, 15 US$ / day) - but it did NOT work. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TopGunFun
Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The good..close to everything and easy access to subway. Front desk staff and information desk friendly and very helpful. Room was a good size. Had a Groupon deal so the price was right.

The bad..free wifi only in lobby....so it was packed. No matter how gently we closed out door it still was noisy. The faucets were leaky and the bathtub drain ran slow. We didn't complain, but they came to "fix" it. We came back to find the plug out and black residue in the tub....not very appealing. We called down to get this remedied and to replace toilet paper (only one is left in the room). To the hotels credit they followed up to make sure the situation was remedied.

With hotels being so very expensive the price point was good and the location outstanding. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gorjan25
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

First I wasn't happy with the 200.00 deposit that was being held on my card. We all know that it takes 1 min for them to take it but 5 days to give it back! And I specifically asked the agent when I booked my room if they were gonna do this and he said no. Well if u prepay your room u don't have to leave that deposit. The place is really packed with visitors but it is July 4 wknd so that's expected. I am on the 8 floor and its noisy but not that bad where I can't sleep. The hotel needs updating but I don't really care about those little things. The king size bed is so comfy I didn't wanna get off and sightsee! I had room 801 and its a corner unit so i thought peace and quiet. Yeah ok. I hear everything even for a corner unit. The best part about this place is where it is. There is a Fridays across the street. A duane reade around the block. Train station at the corner bEverything u need is a block away! This was worth all the money! Triple A rate was 130 a night. Can't beat that for where this place is on 7/4 wknd. If i can keep getting that rate I would come back to NY and only stay here. It's not worth staying out of the city for a cheaper price because u end up spending the difference on commuting back and forth anyway!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Beleedancer
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. This was our first time in New York and I was pleased with my decision to book this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It seems to me that the hotel is in the process of renovating and updating some of the rooms ( at least on the floor we were on), which shows they are listening to the opinions of its customers. The location is perfect and the prices was very reasonable compared to other hotels. I do have to agree that the water pressure in the shower was low; however, it got the job done. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend the Manhattan @ Times Square to everyone.

Room Tip: Definitely visit their website or other 3 party sites for great packages
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank debra s
MUMBAI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was not very happy to stay here.
Very old decor, you did not feel the comfort for the price you pay.
The location is good but i think there are more options better.
This hotel works only on location but thats it.
It doesnt even have its own breakfast room.
There is free wifi only in the lobby. The lobby is therefore always full .
The computers here never work.
Its a small lobby