“Great stay for New York City”

The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #298 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Great stay for New York City”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights in May and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Its is a great location with a very short walk to Times Square. The rooms were clean and comfortable with tv, coffee maker, etc...
The staff were very obliging and when we requested items from housekeeping, they were sent up very quickly :)
Thanks for a great stay.
-V Kolah

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,116)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I were going to New York for our 30th year Anniversary.So we found the Manhatten at Times Square Hotel on the internet.Well I called them and told them I had to have special needs taken care of as I am battling stage 4 breast cancer,I spoke to Hoschedar the manager there and he said don't worry I will take care of everything.Well when we got there the room was so clean, the staff were so kind to us .We will always remember how kind they were to us and it is a great place to stay.You are close to everything we had a great time and would recommend people to stay there.
Thanks Again !!!
Tony and Cathy Esposito

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cathy E
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just stayed here over the weekend. We had a group of 7 rooms / 16 passengers. Good 3 star property in a terrific location. Rooms are basic but clean and beds are comfortable. So very good value for money but they should definitely be dojng a refurb soon. What stood out was the service. Housekeeping where great and Tim was fantastic. Always there to help and always with a big smile.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dybis
Seoul
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with my family for two nights. The hotel was at a great location - close from the subway, quick walk to both times square and central park, and easy to get a cab at. I would strongly recommend staying in this hotel.
Especially, I would like to point out the great service of the staffs. My family was running tight on the plane schedule, and had no time to stop by the post office to send an important package. While we were wandering in the lobby, Tim (one of the staffs) approached us and suggested that he would kindly do the job for us. He even refused to get the tip, and kindly left me a voice mail when the package was dropped off in the post office. His kindness definitely made our stay more pleasurable, and it is excellent staffs like Tim that make the hotel a great place. Thanks, Tim!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Manhattan in Times Square went just fine and I was very pleased with the location. The hotel has some drawbacks such as slower elevators and aged interiors but I found the cleaning staff competent and friendly. Mohammad at the front desk was particularly kind and helpful in printing my boarding pass for me. The location and price were what drew me to this hotel and I was very happy with the value. In truth there's so much happening in this area that my room was just a sleeping spot and these were fine for that. In fact they were larger than what I've been accustomed to in New York. The pool was not functional. I believe that with its location and layout this hotel could be converted into a five star facility given an extensive remodeling. I also believe that while the staff was in general very kind the management team could use more attention to detail. I recommend avoiding the airport shuttle as I was promised a ride to the hotel but dropped off with two other couples all far from our hotels and outraged. The unethical driver who took our tips and promised to drop us at our hotels kept looking the other way as he dumped our baggage on the curb and drove off despite the pleas of the group. The hotel provided its own vehicle for my return trip to the airport for the price of a cab and the driver Sharif was very kind and engaging. Because of the value, friendly staff and location I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India
Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you want to roam around the heart of the New york, location is just perfect - times square is just few steps away. I stayed in new york just for a night and hence it was perfect location for me. Otherwise, room was comfortable, bed was good. But there is no breakfast !!!!.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my first trip to NYC and I was advised to stay at the Manhattan because of the location. That was generally excellent advise...we could walk to Central Park, Broadway shows, many of the other sites we wanted to see. The staff was excellent, very helpful with every request. We had reserved a deluxe room, and while not exactly "deluxe" it was comfortable and clean. Other parts of the hotel appeared worn and shabby...stained carpet in the halls, chipped paint, a very crowded lobby. However, we were not in the general areas of the hotel much, so in general this worked out fine, and I would probably stay there again. I hope a facelift is in the works!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Deluxe option based upon feedback from others