Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$634
$617
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
5,061 results
All reviewsmurray hillrooftop barthe empire state buildinggrand central stationrare bar and grillpillow menuscotty's dinernew yorkwine hourone bedroom suitelexington avenuefew blockssmall kitchentimes squaretwo queen bedscoffee makerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Got a great deal. Nice neighborhood with nearby coffee shops. Lovely room with 2 double beds which is hard to come by in NYC. Clean. Modern decor. Enjoyed the Rare restaurant for dinner and wine. Arranged a car service back to airport.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the street to be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear BlueMorphotraveler,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at Affinia Shelburne. Our rooms and suites tend to be larger than many NYC hotel rooms. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. As you indicated, our hotel is beautifully located in the residential area of Murray Hill. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of NYC, we are only a few minutes away from Grand Central Station, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building, New York Public library, Madison Square Garden, Broadway theatre, and famed 5th Avenue shopping. I am happy that you had an opportunity to enjoy the great dining at Rare Bar & Grill and local eateries around the hotel.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I travelled with my family for a weekend and then they left whilst I continued to work. For the family the room was comfortable and in a great location. The Rare Grill was also accommodating and welcoming for us all. When my family went I didn't feel comfortable eating in the restaurant alone and opted for room service (which was quite limited). I also didn't appreciate being woken to ask to return my tray that I had already returned!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Angela W

Dear Anon72,

I am happy that your family enjoyed their time with us at Affinia Shelburne. I am sorry that you were unnecessarily woken up but am glad to hear that this incident did not negatively influence your stay. I will discuss your experience with the restaurant’s managers. Outside of your stated concern, I am thrilled that your time with us was positive and hope to see you again soon.

Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The only downside for us was the lack of free WiFi. First world problem, I know, but it is unexpected.
Upgraded after a late arrival and night in a lower grade room we were pleased with the space, service and location of the hotel. Just a few minutes walk from Grand Central, Empire State and Fifth Avenue it was a great location.
Cannot recommend the Lucid Cafe highly enough a couple of doors down for a great Mocha.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ad P

Dear Ad P,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at Affinia Shelburne. I apologize that we currently provide complimentary WiFi in the lobby but not in guest our rooms. I am glad that this slight concern did not influence your time with us. I am thrilled that you received an upgrade and happy that you found your accommodations to be well-appointed and your service to be positive. As you indicated, our hotel is beautifully located in the residential area of Murray Hill. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of NYC, we are only a few minutes away from Grand Central Station, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building, New York Public library, Madison Square Garden, Broadway theatre, and famed 5th Avenue shopping.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've never had a bad NYC hotel experience but the staff at the Affinia Shelburne went above and beyond in several instances. It was the best NYC hotel experience I've ever had. The room was immaculate and the staff was wonderful. Highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom suite was roomy and comfortable. Perfect for a stay that is several days so you don't feel cramped in a small space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy G
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Amy G,

This review really made my day! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear that Affinia Shelburne was the best hotel experience you have had in NYC. What an honor! Our rooms and suites tend to be larger than many NYC hotel rooms. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our spacious, clean and comfortable rooms. We pride ourselves on attentive, customized service and I am thrilled that you had a positive experience with our staff. Your feedback really means a great deal to me. Please reach out before your next stay.

I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

A centrally located hotel that is well run with pleasant staff.Good room sizes and wonderful views of the Empire State Building.Equa-distant to Chrysler Building -so great view of same from different vantage points.Lovely rooftop area with super views, lovely wine reception gathering each evening -I will certainly consider staying here again-recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Farroway

Dear Farroway,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at Affinia Shelburne. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our staff. Pleasant, attentive service is of the utmost importance to us. As you indicated, our hotel is beautifully located in the residential area of Murray Hill. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of NYC, we are only a few minutes away from Grand Central Station, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building, New York Public library, Madison Square Garden, Broadway theatre, and famed 5th Avenue shopping. I am also happy to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our complimentary Wine Hour, which occurs between 5pm – 6pm, 7 days per week.