“Great place to stay in New York”

Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #134 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a fabulous 4 week break at this hotel the service was excellent we ate a couple of times n the restaurant there and the food was great. Had a breakfast and evening meal their the steak was the best I've ever tasted. I would highly recommend it as its very cental o get to most f the interesting places to see. Lots of restaurants and bistros in the area too. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank leitchy38
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear leitchy38

I am so grateful that you found time to share such a wonderful review about your extended stay with us. Rare Bar & Grill offers delicious fare with a fun atmosphere and the convenience of being connected to the hotel.

George Drepaul

Write a ReviewReviews (4,927)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Dated and old furniture. Old-style lamps. For the price paid, I really expected something significantly more modern. Beds were super-comfortable. Great location. EXPENSIVE internet. Weak wireless signal in room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Andrew W

Dear Andrew W,

I am so glad that you found our hotel's location convenient and slept so well in our Affinia Signature Bedding, which is supremely comfortable. I will review your comments with our teams to ensure these furniture pieces are located and remedied to meet our high standards for quality.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would highly recommend the Affina Shelburne to anyone. Great location on Lexington ave. The staff there was wonderful. Especially the bell hop Raymond, he went above and beyond the call of duty. I have stayed at the Plaza hotel and the Ritz Carlton and this hotel rivaled them both. And don't forget about the great roof top bar with the beautiful veiw of the Midtown skyline.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank delmas71613

Dear delmas71613,

I want to thank you for recognizing Raymond so thoughtfully in your glowing review. I am so glad that you enjoyed all the wonderful features of our hotel especially the Roof Top.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great location, staff was friendly and the concierge was very professional. The room was nice and clean. The roof top was a fun area to relax and enjoy the view. Overall very pleasantly surprised and would definitely return and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria A
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Maria A,

Your review is delightful! Our team works relentlessly each day to connect with our guests in a genuine and helpful way. We want to be your destination of choice in NYC. Your recommendation is the best gift we could ask for. See on the roof top again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great location, clean property, decent pub. Staff at the desk were good, but the consierge gave us a couple of bum steers - directing us to a restaurant that had not been open for weeks, not knowing the immediate neighborhood very wee. The furniture in the room reminded me of a retirement residence, but it was easy to overlook with the other perks.

Room Tip: our room was on a corner, high up with great views. Don't expect a big bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank STTHistoricalTrust
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear STTHistoricalTrust,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased that you found our location so convenient. Our hotel upholds very high standards of service and our rooms are spacious and clean. Rare Bar & Grill is delightful and has a great menu. I will certainly look into your feedback about our concierge and the furniture from you room because we want to uphold our high standards. I would like to be of personal assistance when you plan to return to NYC. Please contact me directly at gdrepaul@affinia.com.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. A standard room was not as small as I expected and room service did a great job keeping it clean and tidy for our two week stay. The concierge were courteous and very professional but the location is amazing. Great restaurants and deli's nearby. Great coffee at Perk and breakfast at Cafe Delectica. Avoid Scottie's diner. Their version of pancakes resembles road kill. Thanks to Affinia for making NYC so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matt D

Dear Matt D,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your extended 2 week stay with us and found the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. Our rooms are larger than most NYC apartments and our Housekeeping Team excels at providing spotless and friendly service on a daily basis. I am so glad you found our location convenient and the staff helpful.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Quality hotel in a good location,great burgers at the 'rare' restaurant downstairs and particularly pleased with the free wine hour everyday.would stop again if coming back to New York great views from the roof top bar also,very helpful and pleasant staff in particular Raymond on the front door he catered for all our needs as a first time visitor to New York

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C

Dear John C,

Your review has left us all feeling great and I can’t thank you enough for joining us this month. Thank you for highlighting the service you received from Raymond. He is one of our best Door persons and he will be so happy. I am so delighted that you enjoyed Wine Hour and our Roof Top. Rare Bar & Grill is delicious and their burgers are well known throughout NYC.