All reviewsupper west sidehudson rivercentral parknew yorkrooms are smalltwo room suitefridge and microwaveamsterdam avenueshower and toiletgreat neighborhoodplenty of hot watersubway linelocation location locationshared bathroomtimes squarezabarstv
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Riverside Towers is a decent hotel, in an excellent location, for an exceptional value. The hotel itself is older and the the amenities are minimal, but the room was very clean, the shower pressure was great, and everything was as advertised. The room, elevators, and shower were tiny, but that is to be expected.

The best thing about this hotel is the location which is a quiet, safe neighborhood, within a short walk, taxi ride, or subway trip to all the tourist attractions. Waiting for the two tiny elevators was a bit annoying so most of the time my husband and I took the stairs, I could see where this would be a problem for people with limited mobility. We also stayed in mid-October and our room got chilly at night. However, we were very pleased with our stay, thought it was a great deal, and would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed: October 2015
8  Thank Mary R
Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

We arrived very late and tired. I honestly don't know what to say but RUN comes to mind. Slept poorly in my "suite" if at all. Woke screaming because I felt something sitting on me scratching. Husband ran from other room thinking the worst. Single beds with trundle beds. 3 of us split between 2 rooms and despite my phone call to ask about room accommodations prior to booking, was not prepared for single beds all around. The bathroom is awful, and when my 10 yr old asks for her slippers it us a bad sign. I can't really say it is clean. Trundle pulled out in wee hours this morning is filthy, my single tilts at angle. We are moving.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
7  Thank Karyn S
Reviewed October 15, 2015

If you are looking for a five star hotel, this is not the place to stay. However, if you want a great location, reasonably priced place to stay in New York, this is a great place. It is 2 blocks away from the Metro. About 3 blocks away from Amsterdam Ave, where there are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops. At first glance, I was a little intimidated by the place; Tiny elevators, small outdated rooms with the sink in the room. However, it was clean, bathroom was newly renovated, bed was very comfortable and the view spectacular. Staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite(my husband and I). This gave us a room to sleep in and a room to keep our luggage. The price was still cheaper then most budget hotel/motels in New York. And definitely waay cheaper then any other place in the Upper West Side. Our suite came with a bar fridge and microwave. Soap and towels were supplied. Remember it was once a dormitory, rooms are small. The neighbourhood seemed to be very safe. We did not feel uncomfortable walking to our room late in the evening. It was also very quite. We were there for 5 nights and were not bothered by noise, at all. Without a doubt, I would stay there again!

Room Tip: If you are getting a suite, ask for one on the higher floors (I think it is 16 stories) facing the river, it was a great view
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Andra270
Reviewed October 14, 2015

Riverside Tower is clean, quiet, and well-located in a residential neighborhood just two blocks from Zabar's and across the street from Riverside Park. My single was tiny and the bed was small, but fine for me. This is a reasonable budget choice.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank wws68
Reviewed October 5, 2015

This is scariest hotel I've ever experienced. It starts with the elevator that fits just three people if they're tiny. The rooms couldn't be smaller. Two people is all they can handle and they're single beds, so when you pull the second bed out from the other bed, you have no room to walk. The bathroom situation can only be described as a joke. There were ten of us, and we all agreed, we would not have stayed here if our wives were with us. The cheap price is not worth the stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends