I will start by describing the group of guests that I was with, and I think my one star review will be clearly understood. I arrived with a group of 10 ladies and gentleman. All of professional standing. 2 gentleman are owners of a construction company, one is a fashion designer, another an event planner, a party promoter in vegas, a party promoter in NYC, a psychologist, and entrepreneurs. All of us travel a lot, we stay in high-end hotels and in ecofriendly hotels when we just need a one night stay etc. NEVER in all of our traveling were we told the following "You are not guests in our Hotel."
We were coming to the Renaissance after a night out in the city. We requested a few rooms and it was taking some time to find rooms since it was at 6:00 AM. During our waiting, we all sat down on the couches, tired and drained from our night. We were being helped by one of the staff, she was nice. Then another staff walked in, full of attitude, before she even new what was going on. She then said to me "Get this boy up from the chair, You are not guests of this Hotel.!!" Now, I would understand if she would address us that way if we were rowdy teens or adults, but there was none of that, as I mentioned we were drained.
Obviously, we immediately decided to leave the hotel. When we requested her name, her response: "I do not need to give you guys my name! I am calling security" (Physical Description: medium hight, light brown skin, kinky hair in a pony, beauty marks on her face.)
This encounter shocked me, I do not know how to process this. I am wondering if she was hearing loud noises in her head and assumed it was coming from us :) lol.
I hope the supervisors and managers of this hotel see this review, since I strongly believe that we were not the only ones mistreated. A staff who mistreats potential guests so severely, definitely has mistreated others as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel is a boutique hotel in New York City located between Avenue of the Americas & 7th Avenue. Enjoy easy access to Times Square and many other popular attractions in the area. Visit R Lounge and take in the views of the City while enjoying your favorite cocktail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Renaissance Hotel New York
- Renaissance Times Square
- Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
- New York City Renaissance