“Add the 'Rlounge' to your list of a cool place for a sunday cocktail!”

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #182 of 467 Hotels in New York City
nyc
“Add the 'Rlounge' to your list of a cool place for a sunday cocktail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Rlounge (2nd or 3rd fl of the Times Square Renaissance Hotel) is a great place to stop by for a quiet cocktail with magnificent view of Times Square. Memorable. Good value. Friendly staff. Cool decor.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lovely rooms, lobby, lounges, etc. Service was great with the exception of one person who worked in the VIP lounge. I wish I would have written down his name-he definitely didn't belong.

Highly recommend staying here IF you must stay in Times Square.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chi09
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for a work trip based on recommendations from this website. Let me say that while the lobby area has had some very nice boutique hotel upgrades the room and service felt lipstick on a pig and I would not stay here again! I am severely allergic to feathers and requested a feather free room. Upon check in was told it was but as soon as I got to the room the bedding was all feathers. The room was musty, carpet dirty and the AC was merely a fan
that blew less then cool
air. The bedding was finally fixed but after returning after dinner the 2nd night found feather pillows back on the bed. Location and a nice lounge are not worth staying at this property- never again!

• Stayed July 2013
Olivia R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the post. I am very sorry to hear about the bedding and the humidity in your room. I will make sure our engineering department thoroughly checks the air conditioning unit. We will work towards proactively monitoring the air conditioning in the future. Our housekeeping department will ensure a situation like this does not occur again. We do hope you will come back and visit us so that we can show you the amazing service we are able to provide. Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went over the 4th of July weekend so our room was very expensive. I chose this Marriott affiliated property since I could use my points...otherwise, I just couldn't justify the $436 double room price for a Saturday night. Location was great and it was close to the Top of the Rock and many great restaurants. Theatres surrounded us as did the tourists, New Yorkers, and wacky people trying to make a buck. People wore furry character costumes in 90+ heat to make or should I say extort money from unsuspecting tourists...but I digress.

The staff at this hotel could not have been nicer and I wish I could remember all their names. The virtual concierge was awesome and went out of her way to help me as we were bringing our pupp with us. The front staff did their best to find a room for us early so we could put our frightened puppy into the room. The bellmen were all wonderful and helped tremendously whenever I had an issue such as forgetting the dog food in our trunk. The rooms are not spacious but also not small so decent by NYC standards. The lounge area is on the second floor and kind of funky cool retro. I wish we could have enjoyed it more, but we spent much of our time with our puppy. Trust me, I would not have chosen to being a young puppy to NYC Times Square if I had to do it over again...

It is valet parking and there is a great deal of activity right outside the hotel until all hours of the night, but if ou want to experience Times Square, this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
arkansastraveler74
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in the heart of time square. Hotel staff was very friendly! Rooms were very large for NYC standards. The bathroom
was large and the shower was huge!!!
My only complaint was that the beds were extremely hard and the air didn't get cold enough. Keep in mind we were there with 100 degree temps.

We had a nice dessert in the 2nd floor lounge.

We will stay here again! Probably our new fav hotel in the City!

Nuneaton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be smack in the middle of Times Square then this is the hotel for you. The executive lounge (which is open to everyone most of the day) overlooks it and is great for just sitting and watching what must be the busiest intersection in the world.

The rooms are a good size for the middle of NY and the maid service is spot on. Only ate some bar snacks in the hotel (which were very good) but I would suggest that you eat at one of the literally hundreds of restaurants within a short walk.
I'd also suggest that you ask for one of the upper floor rooms to escape the noise overnight - remember, it is the city that never sleeps!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here one night but wish it had been more. Staff was genuinely friendly and helpful and the location can't be beat. The RLounge looks right out on Times Square, but it's peaceful and relaxing. Our room was huge by NYC hotel standards and the bath modern, with a walk in shower to die for!

Room Tip: Higher floor for best views