“Amazing location”

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #168 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was my first trip to New York. The Renaissance was the perfect location-right in the heart of Times Square. My husband and I flew in from the West Coast on a red eye and arrived at 0600 in the morning. They had a room available and let us have it! What a wonderful gift! The room faced the street and lights and wonderful sounds. It was very quiet even though we were on the street side. We were able to walk to anywhere we wanted to go or grab a subway (very clean and safe). Joy was our special treat. She was the Greeter/Concierge and made us feel more than special. I will never take the time to look any further. My next trip (and soon, I hope) I will stay at the same location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan F
Write a ReviewReviews (2,464)

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with a large group of 80 people and had an amazing time, most place of interest are accessible by foot, the booth for theatre tickets is right outside and there is always something going on, the roads were closed twice during our 8 day stay once for a charity run and the other was for filming of a movie, it all added to the excitement of being in New York, it is the city that never sleeps! Try Ellens stardust diner for breakfast its an easy walk from the hotel. a diner where you are sang to as they are pouring your coffee, the foods great and good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank fiwhitehouse
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'd give it 4.5 if I could. The only negative thing I can comment on is that the walls/window aren't very sound-proof. I got woken up a few times by sirens and horns blowing, and by a couple arguing in the hallway. We were on the 11th floor.
The room itself is very nice. Lots of space, comfy bed (we had a king), nice TV, huge shower. Oh, one other negative is I don't like how you couldn't put your own drinks in the fridge. You had to buy what was in it.
We weren't overlooking the square from our room, but that didn't matter to me.
Its location is fantastic. You step out the door and you're right in Times Square. Within walking distance to lots of restaurants and shows.
I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cinster
Reviewed September 21, 2012

please don't avoid to visit this hotel i really like and love to go there and it's awesome hotel
i gone with my family and visited this hotel
i think the best thing is dinner which i did here
you can go alone or with the family it's your own choice

Room Tip: don't forgot to take dinner here rooms i don't know which is best
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

the renaissance hotel is really best hotel i gone many times in this hotel and i founded it very best and the very good hotel in all over new york
i highly recommend you to go to this hotel and enjoy everything

Room Tip: any room is better you can go no problem
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The Renaissance is a nice hotel in the middle of Times Square. The rooms are an ok size for NYC, although the bathroom is a bit old and small. This hotel is very convenient to everything from the subway to the shops and of course Times Square. I have stayed at a few different hotels in Times Square, whilst this hotel is not my favourite of the ones I have stayed at (loved the size of the Doubletree Suites) it is still a good choice and was great value for money at the time we stayed. The location of the property does make it feel a bit like you are staying in the middle of the road which for me was a bit weird but the convenience made up for that. The staff were friendly and helpful so this property is definitely one to consider if you are coming to Times Square.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Marriot Renaissance in May 2009. Best hotel I've visited in a long time. Spacious rooms and breakfast rooms looks out on Times Square! You can catch the NY City tour bus just behind the hotel and start your sight seeing tour! NY City is the best city I've visited by far and staying at the Marriot Renaissance just made the visit so much more pleasurable. The rooms were clean and modern and the staff was excellent. We traveled in a group and everything was ready on time! On our last morning we had to check out early and the kitchen opened earlier for us to first have breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business