We were quite excited to stay at a NYC hotel we had not previously visited. The Lexington is convenient to the threater district, great restaurants, Grand Central Terminal and other east side attractions. However, our visit had several flaws. First when we checked in we were sent to a room that was still being cleaned. We went all the way back down to the front desk and was given another room but only a luke warm "sorry".
Rooms here are comfortable but smallish especially the bathrooms. The hotel is connected to a cafe/diner/bar and has another bar in the lobby. We were very disappointed with the lobby bar where the staff was stand-offish and the bar closed before 11:00 PM on a Friday night..The other cafe/diner/bar was adequate but reinforces the old adage, "When I'm at home I don't sleep in my kitchen and when I travel I don't eat where I sleep."
Lastly we had a nearly impossible time getting a cab at the hotel entrance. The bellman actually left to take a break and we had not hailed a cab yet when he returned several minutes later. Took another 15 minutes after his break to get a cab.
Marriott has a very nice property but the entire staff needs a course in basic customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown's fashionable East Side, The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection debuted as part of the Marriott Autograph Collection hotel in summer 2013 after an extensive $46 million dollar transformation project. Our Midtown Manhattan hotel's full-service accommodations sit in a 28-story building offering 725 guestrooms and suites, with some featuring two baths or balconies. The Lexington Hotel New York City, Autograph Collection is steps from the United Nations, Grand Central Terminal and Park Avenue, and is walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Bloomingdales, Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters/Times Square, and many museums. The revitalized hotel has been completely transformed and is a great choice for business and leisure visitors looking for an upscale, iconic New York City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Radisson Hotel
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Lexington New York