“Great location and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #312 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Kent
“Great location and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend arriving Saturday. Check in was easy and quick. Wifi in lobby and mezzanine worked fine. Rooms bigger that usual NY for the price. Fully refurbished to a good standard and with everything you would expect. The bed was probably the most comfortable in a hotel for some time.
Terrific location in mid Manhattan 5 mins from Grand Central Station with lots of restaurants/ bars within an easy walk. Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank DecKent
John T, Managing Directors at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for the 4-Star Review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in the quality and level of service we provide, so we are especially pleased to have exceeded your expectations.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were received by a very friendly staff member. The hotel is very modern,cozy,clean, well located and with great beds. We enjoyed our stay. The bathroom is a bit uncomfortable and the tub got clogged ( something the housekeeping personnel should report if they wash the tub...)...but the overall experience was good, mainly for the service. The last impression was kind of negative...a rude and grumpy bellboy ( white guy in his 50's) stored our bags ( US 2 each). I would stay in this hotel again and recommend it to my friends

Room Tip: It doesn't hurt to ask for un upgrade. I stayed in the 10th floor and it was quiet
    • 5 of 5 stars
John T, Managing Director at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is valuable as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, and assure you that these will be addressed by the appropriate staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington Hotel.

bethesda, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

As a Marriott affiliated hotel, this hotel meets the standard traveler's expectation. The location is terrific- just a few blocks from Grand Central, shopping, restaurants, etc. As a Marriott rewards member, my room was on the 24th floor and while I did not have a view, my room was fairly large for a NYC hotel. The bathroom, however, was on the small side, but that was ok. My biggest complaint about my room was that it was dark, including the closet, no alarm clock, no coffee pot.
You can buy coffee downstairs in the Starbucks off the lobby (yuck), but you are better off going outside and grabbing a cup of really good coffee at any other place in the area.
The lobby is every nice and staff were friendly.
I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevator so it is quiet. My room didn't face the street, so...
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We are delghted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is valuable as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests. We take great pride in the quality and level of service we offer, so I apologize that certain amenities were not provided to you. Please be assured that we will review with housekeeping staff to ensure that all guest rooms are supplied with the necessary items.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We used Priceline to book this hotel and was worried about the stay based on mix reviews until we found out my sister stayed there before too and had a fine stay. My thoughts echoed hers: staff might be a little on the average side but the rooms are in excellent shape and you can't beat the location if you tried if coming and going by way of grand central
*Walking distance to Rockafellar Center and other attractions
*Rooms were very clean
*Shower had good pressure
*We actually really loved the mattress and slept the day away a few times. Our favorite part about our stay was the very soft sheets.
*Room darkening curtains helped the hungover versions of us sleep in
*The mini-fridge was helpful for stashing desserts and cold drinks.
*I followed the advice of other reviews and requested a room on a higher level floor and didn't have trouble with any noise from the club downstairs.
*I always request rooms that aren't connecting when checking in - I am sure that ensured us a good stay this time also
*Starbucks in lobby was a big plus for me since I usually get up earlier than my boyfriend wanting something for breakfast
-Ladies- in a basic room don't plan for a luxurious bath and couples don't plan on a 4 legged shower
-Raffles the lobby restaurant was over priced and not great
-Could use more stations in the lobby to check in guests during peak times, the counter is long enough to handle more computers- but they did their best to take people at the Concierge desk too

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor and for non connecting rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star Review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us to improve our ability to better serve all our guests. We take great pride in the quality and level of service we provide, so I apologize that your experience with our customer service was less than satisfactory. Please be assured that this matter will be addressed by the appropriate staff.

We are happy to hear that you would return to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington NYC.

La Mirada, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I went to NYC to see a concert and celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. We usually stay in Times Square, but found this hotel and decided to try it. I have to admit, I was a bit scared because I knew nothing about this hotel. When we arrived, the staff greeted us right away and were so kind. During check in they were helpful and friendly, even giving us directions and dinner recommendations. The hotel was extremely neat and clean, and although the room was on the small side, it was perfect for us. They have a few areas with free Wi-Fi, and I used it to do some homework. There's a Starbucks next to the lobby (perfect for me) and a cute little bistro next to the coffee shop.
I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to others.

1 Thank Jennifer G
John T, Managing Director at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for the 5-Star Rating! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in the quality and level of service we offer, so we are especially pleased to have exceeded your expectations.

Canton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

What an excellent hotel and I can just feel the history that milled around this lobby and roamed the halls! I was visiting on business and this hotel is very close to my office so I stayed here for the first time last week. What a great hotel! The room was adequately sized and very comfortable. I could feel myself in another time period back when Joe and Marilyn lived here and could only be reached by a phone call from the front desk.
I will certainly come back here to stay again.(even though I am a Red Sox fan)

Room Tip: I stayed on the 48th st side on the 16 floor and it was pretty noisy. But that is NYC street noise.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5-Star Rating! We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Lexington Hotel We take great pride in the quality and level of service we offer, so we are especially pleased to have exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate your kind words about our decor and vintage memorabilia.

Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Heard good things and decided to book hotel, the location is really nice, walking distance to almost everything you need. a bit costly, but most hotels in Ny are. Rooms are nice and clean and fairly new. Nice staff

1 Thank ErlendAr
Thank you for the 4-Star Rating! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in the quality and level of service we offer, so we are especially pleased to have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lexington Hotel.