“Really happy with the stay”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #276 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Cranford, New Jersey
“Really happy with the stay”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed last night, the overall experience was good. Lobby was spacious, fun and modern, as was the artwork around the public areas of the hotel. Room was great size for us, bathroom was small but efficient and again, modern. We couldn't have been happier with location, we like staying away from Times Square. Got up earlier on Sunday, went to Starbucks and walked to Central Park.

Only downfall is as platinum member we received an email telling us to go to the elite check in. Which is where we had a wait, for about ten minutes for someone to come back to deal with the couple ahead of us. Oh well, just seemed redundant the regular line, not much of a wait.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that your overall experience was very good and you enjoyed our location.We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback that will allow us to focus on our areas of improvement. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We just returned from 2 nights at the Lexington. Overall, we thought that it was a very good hotel. We chose it because friends were visiting NY and already had a reservation there.

Good points:
The junior suite is bit more money but includes a spacious bedroom with a small adjoining couch/TV area and a large and well appointed bathroom.
Nightstands have plugs in lamps for charging devices.
Beds are fairly comfortable (for a hotel bed).
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Good location near subways and an easy cab ride to sights and museums, without the hubbub of Times Square.

The pitfalls were minor:
10-15 min wait checking in/out but we came at peak times and staff were apologetic.
Decor, especially in elevators, was a bit too "busy" and modernistic for our taste
Extra cost for internet (so we didn't bother)

We enjoyed our stay at the Lexington and wouldn't mind staying there again although it is not our usual "go to" hotel in Manhattan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback at The Lexington New York City. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our service and location. We do get little busy time to time, please note that you don't need to come for a check out if we have your cc information in file.We look forward to your return visit.
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I recently visited New York City to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary. I spent quite a bit of time researching different hotels We wanted to stay a few blocks away from the Times Square madness and settled on The Lexington in Midtown East. I am an lifetime platinum member of Marriott Rewards so I was hoping for an upgrade, plus I made the hotel aware that it was our 32nd anniversary. I immediately heard back from the Elite Loyalty Manager Irina Borukhov welcoming us and saying they would take great care of us during the stay. When we arrived, we were directed to the Elite check-in desk, given vouchers for free breakfasts each day of our stay and then told we had been upgrated to a suite. When we arrived in our suite, there was a chilled bottle of champagne, a cd, snacks and a signed anniversary card by Irina. Once we got settled, I set out to find Irina to thank her. She immediately remembered us and gave us a quick tour of the hotel as well as a couple of vouchers for free drinks in the lounge. In summary, this stay could not have been better and we are very happy with our choice. As with any business, the staff makes or breaks the experience and the staff here is very good. I found Irina again before we left and gave her one my service excellence pins from Trip Advisor - she certainly earned it. I have stayed just shy of 1,000 nights in Marriott properties and this one ranks as one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room to avoid street noise and be aware that the bathrooms are very small. Over...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy B
Thank you for sharing your feedback at The Lexington New York City. I am so happy to hear that we were able to provide a memorable stay on your 32nd Wedding Anniversary.
I am also glad to hear that Irina has given you the personal attention that you deserve as an Elite Member. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I just got back from a two night stay at the Lexington we had a great time. We booked a double bed room - it was me, my husband and our 12 year old daughter. It was April vacation week in MA so I think that the hotels all over the city were priced a bit higher than normal. I shopped around and found The Lexington had the best room rate compared to similar hotels. Plus the hotel had valet parking. After a long drive fighting traffic it was great to pull up to the hotel and be greeted with a welcoming smile by the doorman who helped us with our bags. We gave him the keys and we were done dealing with our car for our entire stay. $55 a night but while we were walking around the city the parking rates looked much higher at other garages around the area. We were there before our room was ready so the front desk took my cell phone number and texted me when our room was ready. We dropped our bags with valet storage for $2 a bag and got started on our NYC adventure. When we came back a few hours later (they did text me to say our room was ready) we were sent to our room on the 19th floor. A day or two before our trip Irina emailed me as a Marriott Reward member to welcome me. I asked her for a room where I wouldn't hear the hotel noise from and she said she would make sure we had a room on a high floor - we did! Our hotel room was great - two big windows with city views. I thought it was pretty big compared to last NYC hotel I stayed at. Linens and bedding were very soft and comfortable. We loved the modern design of the room. Bathroom was small but it was all new and very clean. We opened a small window in the bathroom a crack for some ventilation if needed. They designer really did a great job utilizing the available space in the room. The staff was all nice and professional. Maid service was great - left me more shampoo and soap for the second night (don't you hate when they don't do that?). We didn't eat at any of the restaurants except for Starbucks. It was nice getting our coffee and pastry in the morning and bringing it to the hotels beautiful lobby to eat. Always a lot of people in the lobby giving it a "happening" vibe. 20 minute walk to Times Square. 5 minute walk to 5th Ave. 10 minutes to Rockefeller Center. 15 minutes to Central Park. Two subway stations within a five minute walk. We were not in our room a whole bunch. This was a great location if you want to explore the city. However, I have to say that I was surprised by how noisy the city is even 20 stories up. Cars honking all night! That's not the hotels fault, just the way of the city. As far as room noise is concerned it was great. We couldn't hear our neighbors at all except when our direct neighbors closed the door (maybe all the outside traffic drowned out the hotel noise). If you are looking for a hotel with a boutique feel but with the Marriotts services, stay here! We loved it.

Just a note about the people of NY. Everyone we met were nice, polite, efficient and patient. I am from MA and you hear all sorts of things about New Yorkers attitudes. We were all over the city and everyone was so nice. It was a really nice vacation and hopefully we will be back soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RSP392
Thank you for sharing your family’s stay at The Lexington NYC.I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your nice comments about the housekeeping staff. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.
Provo, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a nice time at this hotel, except for the fact that there was a pipe issue outside and they said there would not be hot water. I flipped. Eventually, they realized it wouldn't affect them, but I didn't take a shower till late because I was dreading how cold the water was going to be.

Overall very good service and a great location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your feedback at The Lexington New York City. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our service and location. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the pipe issue. I look forward to your return visit.
Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel to surprise my girlfriend with for her birthday. The photos of the hotel made it appear to be very luxurious with lovely modern decor with a hint of old school thrown in. I got also got a great rate on Expedia. The lobby was lovely and looked brand new. I had reserved a queen room and the bed by no standards was a queen, it was more like a full. The windows were also filthy and there were stains on the walls and absolutely no decor in the room but there was a nice scent of mold to the room! Prior to arrival I tried to plan a champagne surprise in the room for our stay and the desk was unable to accommodate my request. Around 9am the following morning a woman was knocking at our door asking us when we'd be checking out so they can get an idea of availability. Thanks for not only being rude and pushy but also for waking us up! told the desk upon check out about the room conditions and size of the bed and our rude visitor. She was VERY nasty and told me she would let management know. Overall the prior reviews are correct. The lobby is great but the staff is extremely nasty and the rooms are just okay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel nor stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda S
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Amanda,thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at gturkmenoglu@lexingtonnyc.com
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This place is terrible - overpriced old and tiny rooms. The good reviews here must be by a internet PR service. my stay was a nightmare. You can't turn around in the bathroom and you feel like you rented a closet - not a hotel room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Rick S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. While the age of the hotel provides an unparalleled history, it does have the drawback of a variety of room layouts and sizes. Please contact me directly when you are planning to return so that I can personally find an ideal room type for your visit.

Gul Turkmenoglu