Stayed previously at the Marriott East Side next door. Old and tiring decor. Typical Marriott. I was hoping for something different with this Autograph Collection, which is supposed to be a stylish and more unique line of products.
It didn't fail me. Very modern and refreshing. COMPLETELY different and opposite of the Marriott.
Location is great - 2 minutes walk (350m) to Lexington/49 subway station, 10 minutes walk (1.1km) to Time Square, 7 minutes walk (700m) to Grand Central.
Front desk was very professional. Booked a cozy queen room (most basic room) and was upgraded 2 levels to a king (one level up to standard queen and one more up to king) without asking. I guess it's not hot season (Feb here) but still appreciated it.
In room wifi is free. It's rare to see these major brand name hotels offering free wifi without having status with them. Surprised again. Even the business cetnre is free too, unlike other brand name hotels where they charge you by the minute. I'm typing up this review in the business centre.
Oh, another thing. The in-room safe allows you to lock and unlock it by swiping a credit card. I guess it reads the data in the stripe and recognize it's the same card. How does it make you feel when you get to swipe your card but not charging you money? Feels awesome to me at least.
By the way, the dates I looked at, this Autograph Collection is always cheaper than the Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown's fashionable East Side, The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection debuted as part of the Marriott Autograph Collection hotel in summer 2013 after an extensive $46 million dollar transformation project. Our Midtown Manhattan hotel's full-service accommodations sit in a 28-story building offering 725 guestrooms and suites, with some featuring two baths or balconies. The Lexington Hotel New York City, Autograph Collection is steps from the United Nations, Grand Central Terminal and Park Avenue, and is walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Bloomingdales, Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters/Times Square, and many museums. The revitalized hotel has been completely transformed and is a great choice for business and leisure visitors looking for an upscale, iconic New York City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Radisson Hotel
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Lexington New York