“Great find in a great neighborhood.”

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #245 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed the weekend after a business trip to NYC. The hotel is a perfect combination of classic New York and modern amenities. The lobby is stylish and retro/mid-century. A great energy and vibe. Easy access to cabs. A long table for setting up tablets (although WiFi is not free). My room was billed as "cozy," but I didn't feel cramped at all. Again they have preserved the retro feel with the modernization---decor was very pleasing, late model flat screen, sumptuous king bed and linens, nice bathroom with great towels, excellent shower. The fitness center is excellent- state of the art cardio equipment, flat screens, cold towels, plenty of room for free weights and stretching. Location is great for Broadwayshows, Radio City, Times Square, Central Park and the East Side in general. They've done a great job with the conversion to Marriott Autograph Collection. The bargain rate of $199.00 per night is not likely to last long.

• Stayed: January 2014
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear applegirl57,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am very happy to see that you had a great stay at The Lexington. We are very proud of our new renovation that has just come to completion and it is great to hear that our guests are enjoying it as well. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,813)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

.We had a fantastic holiday in New Yok . We loved walkind along the wide beautiful streets surrounded by huge scyscrapers. Everything in New Kork is impressive !
We found the people friendly and extremely cooperative,nice to talk to. The Lexington Hotel contributed in making our stay unique. The location is perfect near the most important sights of the city ; the rooms rather small but cosy. By far what we especially enjoyed was the staff. They were all very kind, in partucular I 'd like to mention Irina Borukhov, manager of the hotel, who welcomed us on our arrival and who always showed kindness towards us. Many thanks to her and also to Alban.We'll surely recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Auster12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am very glad to hear that you had a great visit to NYC and will be sure to share your compliments to Irina and Alban. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is the old Radisson Lexington hotel which has been refurbished. And when I say refurbished in this case I mean doing some quick painting and changing the furniture. The bathroom quality is about average but with an old tub from the Radisson era and plastic shower curtains. The bed was comfortable, although it already had signs of sunken middle. The internet is free and working, but not very fast.

I have tried two rooms at this hotel during one stay. The first room had a queen size bed where the second was a slightly larger room with a king size bed. The reason for changing rooms was that I could hear the nightclub music (on ground floor) all the way up to my room at the fifth floor!

However, both rooms were extremely noise where I could hear every single toilet flush, shower etc. from the rooms next doors. Also, the A/C only had one level which also was very noise, so I had to turn it off. I'm not that picky about carry-over noise from other rooms, but I must say this way over acceptable for me coming back to this hotel.

Cudos to the staff for upgrading me and giving me a new room due to the nightclub noise complaint.

Next time I will choose another hotel for my stay. The Marriott takeover from Radisson did some good to the hotel, but not good enough.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor than sixth floor due to nightclub noise during weekends. All rooms have very...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonah O

Dear Carrera4S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! We will definitely take your comments and relay it to the proper Department Heads so we can continue to further improve our guests' experience at The Lexington. I am glad that our hotel staff was able to meet your needs and hopefully you may change your mind and stay with us again in the future. Once again, thank you for the valuable feedback!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here once before and came back as we have heard horror storeys about people booking NY and arriving to be given really small room, we have twice recieved decent sized rooms, no issues at all with the hotel. Great location, only a couple streets from subway which takes us everywhere!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FlexRay

Dear FlexRay,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I'm glad that you have had good experiences at the hotel from the multiple times you have stayed at the hotel. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were celebrating a special anniversay, and told the general manager of the hotel in advance. The hotel upgraded us to a suite with a Balcony and gave us a bottle of champagne. It was a very nice touch. The room was terrific and clean. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alan H

Dear Alan H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! First, a belated congratulations on your special anniversary! I am very glad to hear we were able to provide you with a special experience on such a special day. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We booked this hotel in midtown Manhattan for a group of 12 of us attending a trade show. You'd have thought that would buy you a little respect. Not here. The place is so far up itself being designer trendy that they forgot about customer service.

The rooms are tiny. If you put your bag in the wardrobe you can't stow the bag rack there so it has to fit in the 2 feet between the end of your bed and the wall. There are not tea and coffee facilities in-room. My phone did not work and the ironing board was missing. When I pointed these things out I was told they'd be fixed. No apology.

What really got my goat was the barman serving everyone short pints (actually about 7/8ths of a pint. See my photo as evidence. He was doing to everyone. I asked him to fill mine up and he got grumpy.

The only saving graces were a comfortable bed, windows you could open and helpful bellhops.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear David F,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We have already begun to share your comments with the team so that we can continue to improve. Please let us know next time you visit, and we are happy to provide you an in room coffee maker for your convenience. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and thank you again.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for three days before a cruise. When we first arrived we were put into a room with an adjoining door to the next room. There was a family in the next room with young children who were noisy. So we asked if we could be given another room, which the hotel did without question. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The hotel is clean and the Staff really helpful and very friendly. Recommend staying.
Only minus was the price of alcholic drinks in the bar, there is a Costa's coffee shop in the building and a deli cross the road from the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you room does not have a door between you and the next room for noise reasons.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nuclearfusion

Dear Nuclearfusion,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am very glad to hear of your good experience at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon!