The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #289 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Herefordshire
“3 Night Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It is in an ideal location to walk around Midtown and seeing the sights. The Metro is only a few minutes away which will whisk you to any location in the city. Our room however was very small but comfortable. We only had one breakfast at the hotel eating at its diner Raffles. In all honesty I cannot recommend it as the food was average and only warm at best when it reached us. Service is super quick and you felt rushed and the staff could not wait to clear the plates so you felt obliged to leave. There were lots of better venues than this

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sauntonHerefordshire
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear sauntonHerefordshire,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! While I appreciate the great comments about the hotel, I am sorry that Raffles was a disappointment. I have already shared your comments with their team so that they can continue to improve. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in NYC, and thank you again!
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
luton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

we arrived on NYE 2013 in the afternoon
check in was pain free and the bag guys got our bags to the room without mishap
our room was on the 18th floor and was great ,quiet , comfy and well furnished
the lifts are really fast and only took around 20 seconds for 18 floors
everything was spotless
the bath shower combo was ok but the bath was a lot lower to the floor than what we are used to ,something to think about for elderly guests

having a starbucks attached to the foyer seems a master-stroke and it was flat out busy all the time
the bistro raffles attached looked over priced to me so we swerved it

the bar as with all hotels bars was pricey, but the service was good.

the manager = a very pleasant lady called Gul went beyond the call of duty with a special

request of ours , you cannot ask for more than that

our only negative experience was the last day when the heavy snow came

the previous night we asked the doorman for a yellow cab to brooklyn

which he hailed and it cost around $25

the next day we needed a cab to the brooklyn cruise terminal

so i asked again and he got us a non yellow cab

Imagine our surprise when we got there and the guy insisted on $100 fare!

if the doorman had told us this in advance it would have been fine but i felt it was people taking

advantage of the snow

we would stay here again, but only use yellow cabs

Room Tip: higher rooms are a lot quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello lutonlagerlout,
It was so nice to meet you and thank you so much for all of your great feedback! Hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This review is about a month late, but better late than never. We stayed here over Thanksgiving to celebrate a 40th birthday and see the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. The hotel is right out of South Beach in Miami, it is a smaller Boutique in the Art Deco style. Upon check-in I had the pleasure to be helped by Rita (who should be employee of the decade), I was checking in with my wife and two kids and Rita was very patient as we were very picky in regards to the room we wanted (it was a special trip celebrating a 40th birthday). Rita was patient with us, helped us pick a great room and allowed us to check out a few to see which one would be best. She also talked with another great employee, Masha the front desk manager, and they were able to move us to a suite the next day to make the trip even more special. We were with a group of 3 other parties and everyone felt this hotel was great. The bar is expensive, but is a great place to get a drink and the attached restaurant was great as well. The rooms are typical NYC small, but are in great shape and perfect. The location is a ten minute walk from either Times Square or Rockefeller plaza. We enjoyed it and would return in a heartbeat. Thanks again to Rita and Masha for making it a special 40th birthday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Gatorsr1,
We agree that Brita and Masha are the best! They are part of the greatest team in NYC and we truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge them! We can't wait to see you again, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Pasadena, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out, it was a horrible experience. When we checked in, there was a stage and lighting fixtures being assembled in the lobby. When I asked the woman at the check-in counter what is was for, she said she didn't know. Later that evening as I was trying to access the hotel bar before I went out for dinner, I was told to go out the side door of the hotel. The entire lobby had been closed off for a private party for the evening. They had large black curtains blocking access to the lobby and bar. I was forced to exit through the Starbucks that is attached to the hotel.

The following day as I was sleeping, there was work being done on a room a few doors down from me. The worker was banging a hammer for fifteen minutes. I finally called down to the front desk to address the situation and was told that it would stop. Five minutes later it continued and I had to address the situation directly with the worker. He agreed to stop hammering the metal door he was working on.

At this point I was already up so I decided to take a shower. The water was ice cold. I called down again to address the situation. I was told it would be taken care of. It was not. I had to take an ice cold shower two days in a row. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complainer and I am flexible with situations that pop up out of the blue. I can go with the flow. But when I'm paying close to $300 a night, I expect more than what I received.

To be fair, I'll note the positives of the hotel:
-The room size was decent by NYC standards
-The room and public areas were clean
-Nice bar & decor (I was not able to use because of private party)
-Comfortable bed
-Large flat screen TV

This may have been an off week for the staff, I'm sure they are probably a lot more proficient than what they displayed during my stay. But would I stay here again? Probably not. First impressions make an impact and unfortunately they left a negative impression on me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Willieboxing
Dear Willieboxing,
I am so sorry about your experience in October. I assure you that the private function was a one time event to celebrate our opening, and 3 months later we are up and running with the glitches ironed out. I hope you are able to give us a second chance to make a first impression as I truly believe you would have a great time! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further, and I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We took our daughter for her first NYC trip this weekend. The Lexington was perfect....close to stores, Central Park, Broadway and (most importantly to her) the American Girl store. Marsha was fabulous as we checked in just as hundreds were checking out after the snowfall. Our room was ready early and the corner space provided us a little extra space. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer R
Gul T, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Jennifer R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I will be sure to share your compliments with Masha. We are so glad you and your daughter had a great time in NYC! We hope to welcome you back to The Lexington soon!

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Me and a friend stayed here over the New Year for 5 nights, and the location is fantastic if you're someone that likes to explore by foot. Walk straight up 48th and you're at Times Square, you pass the Rockefeller on the way too, so I couldn't have wished for a better hotel in terms of location. Not much noise either from the 15th floor. Room was small but cosy and kept clean every day by housekeeping, staff are very friendly from the doorman, bar hosts and receptionists.

The only fault I had really was the restaurant Raffles, I don't think it's owned by the hotel but service was very dire and rushed, food was good but very overpriced. $7 for a cranberry juice is not normal.

Other than that, very impressed by the hotel and would come back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank FSound89
Dear FSound89,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. We hope you had an overall great visit to NYC and hope to be able to welcome you back to The Lexington NYC soon!

Darnestown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I spent a couple of days in New York the week before Christmas to celebrate my son's birthday. The Lexington offers a great mid-town location, and is also walkable to Times Square (in nice weather). My Marriott loyalty was rewarded with a very nice upgrade so I can say that the suites are very roomy, especially for NYC. Check in at the Elite Desk was a breeze, but the line for "regular" check in seemed extremely long. The best part of the experience by far was the staff. Starting with the doorman (Arvan) who directed traffic, got the bags out, got a bellman, and recommended places to go; to the rapid check-in; to the rapid delivery of bags; and the excellent housekeeping department--the staff has service in mind. After lunch, we returned to the room to find a handwritten note, cupcake, and balloons for my son's birthday. He had mentioned it to the doorman, and he must have passed it along--it was a very nice touch. The lounge in the lobby is a nice, comfortable place to have a quick drink. WiFi worked well throughout the property. Starbucks is downstairs but you can request a Keurig machine to be delivered to your room. Ask for a room away from Lexington Ave and high up to avoid street noise. All in all, a great place to stay if you're in the neighborhood (and have Marriott status).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Larryope
Dear Larryope,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! We are so glad you had a great experience at the hotel - I will be sure to share your compliments with the staff. We hope to welcome you back to The Lexington NYC soon!