“Very nice hotel in a perfect location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection

The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #290 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tennessee
“Very nice hotel in a perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great location, easy check-in, comfy bed, very nice people working there. I would definitely return. Breakfast at restaurant was delicious and again the people there were so nice as well. Also Starbucks on site is a huge plus.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear brennandpm,

Thank you so much for your kind words and very glad that you had a great stay here! I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff and I hope to see you back soon!

Jim Marino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights for his birthday weekend in NYC. We loved our experience at this hotel. The room was small but well appointed and the front desk staff accommodated our request for an early check-in. (Only an hour early but that was very helpful considering the jammed lobby.) The location is extremely convenient with subway stations an easy few blocks either north or south. There is a good bistro, a Starbucks, and an interesting Chinese restaurant on property. Considering the freezing weather, we were grateful for all 3. I would recommend this property and will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan T
Dear Susan T,

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you and your husband had an enjoyable stay here. I hope he had a good birthday weekend in the City and enjoyed the Food & Beverage outlets at the hotel as well. Once again, thank you for your kind words and hope to see you back soon!

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. We stayed in the Lady Ella suite and when we saw the room I had to check my confirmation email to see if I misunderstood the rates and that the price I thought we paid for two nights wasn't the per night price.

Our room was huge! One bathroom was small but the other one was gigantic. Both beds were very comfortable. The terrace was a pleasant surprise. The room is just stunning and I'm glad we splurged for the suite.

The staff were very friendly and very efficient. We needed more towels and they were there in no time. Our room was spotless. I ran into the maid one morning and she was lovely. We were in need of a cab on Saturday night and the doorman went above an beyond for us on a very busy night! All the staff at the door were very friendly.

One of the days we were there was very rainy. I love that they have umbrellas to borrow. Very useful.

The location was excellent. So central and easy to get to from all parts of the city. The sirens and honking that other posters were writing about is normal for NYC. It's a loud city. Not the hotels fault. If you are sensitive to noise get earplugs or don't go to Manhattan. I personally enjoy the sounds of the city.

The Lexington will definitely be my go to hotel on future trips.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank AlliEmm76
Dear Alli S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I am so glad to hear you have enjoyed our Lady Ella Suite. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff and hope to see you back soon!

Happy Holidays!

Oakton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

A short walk from several subways, Broadway, Rock Center, Times Square, and within view of the Waldorf Astoria, we were delighted with the location. Thanks to previous business travel we were checked in promptly by very gracious staff at the Elite Member desk, grateful that we weren't waiting in the line stretching through the lobby to the main desk.
Bed was comfy, bathroom compact and well equipped, bathrobe and safe in closet. Not much of a view. Very noisy hallway doors slamming shut at all hours, and street noise heard from 12th floor.
Great breakfast in Raffles on the street level of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Diane D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! I'm glad you had a good check-in and enjoyed Raffles as well. I will share your comments in regards to the doors slamming shut with the appropriate parties to see what we can do about that. Once again, thank you for choosing The Lexington NYC and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reston, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Pros: It's a great location, the staff was friendly, the lobby was beautiful, and there's a Starbucks on the main level.

The room was small but that's the norm for NYC so I don't view it as a con. The room and bathroom were nice enough. We had remotes, enough towels, the room was cleaned* while we were out, the shampoo and other toiletries were restocked, and when requested, a bottle opener was brought to our room within 10 minutes.

*Please note that cleaned just means that towels were restocked, bathroom was cleaned, and beds were made. However, the drawers don't seem to be checked by the maids. We found a plastic bag of chicken bones in the drawer of the dresser on which the TV sits. This was absolutely disgusting and should not occur in a room of this caliber.

Cons: The mattresses were horrendous. I find it strange that another reviewer said they were soft as marshmallows because the ones in our room (1204) felt like they were made of plywood boards wrapped in some thin foam and then covered with sheets. Both my sister and I had sore backs both mornings. So there must be different mattresses in different rooms. Check out the mattress as soon as you get in so you can change rooms more easily. Also, if you're a light sleeper, check out your view first. If you're facing Lexington or on the corner of Lexington and 48th, you will hear all sirens, car honks, and midnight drunks screaming at the top of their lungs that "NYC is INDEED a city that never sleeps." Also, there was a slight smell of smoke in the room even though it was non-smoking (I'm super sensitive to it). I assume the prior guest had been charged the $250 cleaning fee because it seemed like they had tried to get rid of the smell but just hadn't quite succeeded.

I'm a Gold Marriott Rewards member and I wish that would count for something: like a better location, no chicken bones in my drawers, no smoking smells, and the "soft as marshmallow mattresses" that the other reviewer mentioned. No such luck. Needless to say, I will not waste my money on this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Blueyedworldtraveler
Dear Blueyedworldtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott memer and I'm glad to hear that your check in process went smoothly. I apologize for the quality of the bed and I will be sure to share your feedback with the Director of Housekeeping to make sure we are rectifying this situation. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and hope that we can restore your faith in our hotel in the future.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Spent 6 days here alone and what a fabulous hotel , recently renovated and looked exactly as advertised.

Lovely foyer with lots of seating and a great bar that serves up a yummy dirty martini .

My room was absolutely gorgeous , and the bed, oh the bed , it was like sleeping on a huge marshmallow , I thought the Westin hotels with their heavenly beds were the comfiest beds in the world until I had the pleasure of sleeping in this bed .

Rooms are quire spacious for Manhattan standards , the bathrooms are quite compact as other reviews state but I really don't understand what people moan about , it's a bathroom for goodness sake , how much time do you spend in there ????? What I can say is the shower head definitely makes up for the compact bathroom , four different options all of which were great and the water pressure was great , like having a jacuzzi shower .

It was great that you had free wifi in your room and also free use of the business centre to print out tickets etc.

Housekeeping were lovely ladies and always had a smile .

The only complaint I have is that door men are not that friendly and helpful as other doormen I've encountered in Manhattan and the fact they charge you $2 per suitcase for them to store your luggage , never in all my travels have I had to pay for this .

Overall this is a fabulous hotel , extremely comfortable rooms and in a great location approx 10 mins walk to 5th Avenue .

Please do not be put off by the dreadful reviews on this hotel , if I had believed what other reviewers had written I would have cancelled and missed out on sleeping on a marshmallow :-)

It was a pleasure to stay at the Lexington , keep up the good work .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Poshbird232
Jim M, General Manager at The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Poshbird232,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback! I am very glad to hear that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed our marshmallow bed. I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. I hope to see you soon at The Lexington NYC!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Renovation was just completed two months ago. This place can be described as New York Hip and Cool."

It's an old building with a modern twist. This is not your typical modern Marriott. By that I mean, the room configurations differ... some are bigger... some are small... and some are tiny. Our bedroom was great for four people ... the bathroom was not (tiny would be a better description). But the truth is -- that's OK. I believe you realize that in a unique property like this, you are not going to have the same square footage and layout as the hotel you were in last week in "Anytown, USA."

Two minor negative comments: one, we did notice COLD air coming through the old windows (that's not unusual for NY buildings). second-- we had four people in our room and two sets of towels. We called for additional towels before leaving for dinner. After returning, we noticed no towels had been delivered so we called again. In short, we had three deliveries of towels and two follow up phone calls. It was almost comical.

As a Marriott Gold Elite member, I qualify for free breakfast. They give me two vouchers for the restaurant. There is no elite lounge for a "quick" breakfast, so plan on a little more time.

The place was spotless!!

Room Tip: Room sizes vary... ask for a corner