Went for a whole week and we wanted a central location, as a base. The Sanctuary was great, location is fabulous and the rooms, albeit small (especially with a weeks luggage - and having bought an extra suitcase full while there) are very usable and tastefully decorated.
- The staff are excellent, really helpful, know who you are and nothing is ever a problem
- Continental breakfast - great way to start the day - gets you off on a good footing. But if you want something more substantial, go over to the Evergreen over the road, full cooked selection;
- Location - great positioning off Time Square and near the subway.
- Lobby décor - a little too dark and gloomy
- Rooftop bar - caters for the locals, so you can't always get a place as a resident. Bit of a shame as the tables get booked up, but do try and grab yourself a table
Overall, definitely recommend this hotel. Great base for a really memorable visit to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sanctuary Hotel New York is a boutique luxury lifestyle design hotel conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan Theater District near Times Square and Rockefeller Center. A walking distance to Radio City Music Hall, Fifth Avenue Shopping, Bryant Park, Broadway, Columbus Circle, Central Park and major subway lines. A hidden gem with very own S.T.A.R.™ Program (Service Tailored to Any Request). Our S.T.A.R.™ Experienced Concierge Managers are available to assist you with transportation services, restaurant reservations, theater tickets, and anything else that your heart may desire. The hotel boasts 113 luxurious rooms decorated with a rich warm palette that includes deep orange, chocolate brown and cognac. Leather headboards and crystal chandeliers add a touch of glamor, with pillow-top mattresses that compliment imported European sheets, duvets and terry. Sanctuary Hotel offers: • Free Continental Breakfast Buffet • Free Wi-Fi internet access • Free Gym passes to Equinox Fitness Center nearby • Free local and toll-free calls • Concierge and business services TENDER SPORTS BAR: The chic & Intimate Tender Lounge is ideal for enjoying hand-crafted cocktails in a glamorous and eclectic ambiance created by acclaimed designer Josh Held. A polished brass bar anchors the lounge with walnut beaded chandeliers and wood panels, while vintage Parisian table lamps sit atop the silver veined stone top. TENDER STEAK & Sushi Bar and PRIVATE DINING ROOM The chic & Intimate Tender Lounge is ideal for enjoying hand-crafted cocktails in a glamorous and eclectic ambiance created by acclaimed designer Josh Held. Long banquettes with bright turquoise tufted leather line both sides of the lounge and sit against hand-applied murals over original brick walls. HAVEN ROOFTOP LOUNGE AND RESTAURANT – OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND Haven is nothing short of a hot hideaway above the city. The venues feature a French inspired menu created by Chef Madison Belem and an innovative cocktail menu created by mixologist Isaac Grillo. The year-round rooftop transforms its design with each season with the view of Midtown Manhattan Skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Hotel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.