Sanctuary Hotel New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$135
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$144
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$210
$180
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$303
$186
  • Room Service
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$211
$167
$141
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$220
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

4,249 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbig applefantastic locationbrick wallconcierge servicerockefeller centercentral parkaround the corner
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Multiple time visitor to The Sanctuary! Best place to stay in NYC, hands down! Very convenient to many of the top attractions near Central Park and Rock Center. Rooftop lounge is a bonus and great place to unwind once the day is done.

• Stayed: July 2014
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience with us. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

On first impression this hotel is nice. The front desk, especially Lauren, gave a warm welcome. But make no mistake this hotel values the revenue from the rooftop lounge, Haven, more than the revenue from the hotel. It is IMPOSSIBLE To get a good night sleep at Sanctuary. The first night of our three day stay they had a private party on the roof deck the noise was from the music, shouts, and whistling was so loud that it felt like we were actually attending the event. The event finally ended at 12:30am. Our room was on the 5th floor.
When I brought the unacceptable conditions up the following morning the staff was surprised that we were disturbed by the noise since our room was suppose to be a quiet room. They were responsive to our request to move to a quieter room and had folks move our luggage into the new
room on the 6th floor. Next night we could still hear the noise but it was not too bad but it was audible. Tonight, our third night is just ridiculous - the noise again is at such a high level you can hear the roar of laughing, hollering, and whistling along with the music. The lounge closes at 2:00am so we get to look forward to another hour and a half of no sleep. I am actually writing this review at 12:39am because it is impossible to sleep.
Sanctuary should decide what their primary business is - hotel or nightclub. I would NOT recommend this hotel unless you were planning to go to Haven and did not want to stumble too far to your hotel room.
Seriously for the price of the room you should expect a MUCH BETTER experience.

Room Tip: Maybe second floor to get away from rooftop lounge noise - ridiculous!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cbowab
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

We are very disappointed that your experience with us was not the way it should have been. The goal is to create a unique and memorable experience for everyone and I'd like to personally apologize for any inconveniences that the noise has caused.

Guest feedback holds great value and rest assured that I will certainly address this with the management team at Haven Rooftop. We will make the necessary adjustments so that future guests do not share the same experience.

We pride ourselves in being a discrete retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the hectic city and we will continue to work towards that.

Should you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, please contact me directly for reservations, so that I can ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. I can be reached at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

It was a fun hotel- the rooftop patio is a fave and always busy.

Good location midtown.

Hotel service is top notch and very attentive.

We had a room on the 9th floor and it was loud bc of the rooftop bar but we didn't really mind bc we were part of the loudness!

Complaints: The rooms are small and feel a little mouldy.. Also the main lobby is very dark.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I booked this hotel over Priceline because it had a great location and was hoping for the best. I was extremely happy from the moment I walked in! I was greeted by super friendly employees. I arrived at 9:30am so I knew my room would not be ready but they checked my bags in with no hassle. They also sent me to get a free breakfast even though I was not technically checked in yet. My only complaint was that my room was not ready at 4:00 when I returned to the hotel. Because my room was not ready they upgraded me to a better room and sent me to the rooftop for complementary food and drinks! Rooms are smaller than other hotels but are typical for boutique hotels in NYC. They are perfect if you are going to be out and about most of the time. They are stylishly decorated and the beds are very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann S

Thank you for the great feedback.

We apologize for your room not being ready at the time of check-in and I'm happy that we were able to find you better accommodations.

We would love to see you back with us soon for another great stay.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our first visit (10 days) to New York City for my husband & I, we had been looking forward to this for many years! It was wonderful to be greeted at the Hotel entrance by the doorman taking our luggage to reception, (& every day after that too!) All the staff were very helpful, courteous, inviting & very friendly. Our room on the 4th floor, at the back of the hotel, was a good size, clean & quiet, with a walk-in closet plus room safe, and a large bathroom. The two restaurants serve excellent choices of food & the service is good too, we especially enjoyed the rooftop restaurant with brilliant views all around! At the end of a busy sightseeing day it was nice to return to a dimmer lighted hotel creating a soothing & relaxing ambience. The location was perfect (only a block or two) for Times Square, Broadway Theatres, Restaurants, Subways & Sightseeing Buses, & yet away from the hustle & bustle! We would highly recommend this hotel for couples, singles or business travellers.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room at the back of the hotel, we were on the 4th floor, very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Sanctuary Hotel as the place to stay for your 10 day New York City visit.

I'm happy that you were also able to experience both our restaurants. Many guests such as yourself, really enjoy the food and different experiences that they provide.

We hope to see you back with us in the future.