4,336 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkrooms are smallcontinental breakfastbagelsdoor staffour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applecentral parkaround the corner
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Sanctuary Hotel feels and looks like a night club, and it's extremely cozy and comfy.
It's right next to Times Square and an easy walk to all the theatres and restaurant row.
The service is wonderful all the way from the doorman to the check-in to the bellboy and then the check-out. The offerings were pretty good for a continental breakfast, just enough to get us to lunch. The room was larger than most and very comfortable. Good strong shower too.
Everybody was very friendly and we felt like we were taken very good care of throughout our stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view as there are only two on each floor, but there was a bit of street noise, so I think windowless rooms are just as good too.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marjorie H
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We hope that you next visit will be even better.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Really enjoyed our 1 night stay here. All staff very pleasant and helpful. I researched a lot of Hotel's before landing this one and pleased with my decision. Sorry not staying longer. First time to stay over in the city but not first time to the city. Great to keep going all day and very convenient for start next day. Complimentary breakfast was very welcome and allowing for early check in was great start to our day.Very clean and very comfortable.sorry did not get to the roof top bar....good reason to return. Would thoroughly recommend this well located Hotel in the heart of the big Apple. I will be back........

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such a great review of us.

We are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful experience and would love to welcome you back in the near future. We hope that next time you have the chance to visit Haven Rooftop.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay in N.Y at The Sanctuary. The door staff were amazing, very attentive and friendly. We were shown to our lovely room, but wish there would have been more daylight in there. There was a window in the room but it over-looked a built up courtyard area making it seem so dark. There was no mirror in the bedroom and no shelves in the bathroom to store makeup etc and this was the only room with any mirrors !. Breakfast was a joke..... for 3 mornings we had to ask staff to prepare some breakfast as there was literally NO food, not even a slice of toast for any of the guests at 9 a.m. We had to sit and wait for dribs and drabs of food to come out to the counter......terrible service, why wait for food to completely run out before you restock ?????. The location of this hotel was amazing !.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good daylight.....not covered by buildings etc, and go somewhere else for breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing us with feedback.

We are truly sorry to disappoint such a guest such as yourself. This is certainly not reflective of the service levels that we pride ourselves.

I would like to personally extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our breakfast service. Rest assured that we have already address the matter and value all feedback provided from our guests.

I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future and kindly ask that you contact me directly for future reservations. I can be reached at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and would love the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

S.T.A.R. Managers? I don't care what the "S" and "T" stand for... anything that ends in "Any Requests" is okay by me. As soon as the friendly, young staff found out it was my friend's birthday, they showed up with a little gift. And for two nights, they did, in fact, fulfill all of our requests. Two free Proseccos are complimentary with each room, redeemable at the festive and comfortable rooftop bar. The room was clean, quiet and easy to control the temperature. The whole place (except the rooms) is very cozy and dark. This is perfect if your make-up is smeared or you don't need to see. We didn't. :) I highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay in a great location for the theater and easy access to the subway.

Room Tip: We had two rooms. One had two large windows the other had one tiny one. If you prefer one or the other indicate a preference. We got together at the brighter one, worked well for us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing The Sanctuary Hotel as the place to celebrate your 50th Birthday!

We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back with us soon for another great visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had 4 nights at Sanctuary Hotel, which is ideally situated close to Times Square and Rockerfeller Center. Hotel is Chic and Contemporary and the Staff are Courteous, Polite, Attentive and Friendly. We had a Superior Delux Queen room which was a good size. However, it was on the 2nd floor overlooking 47th street where there were roadworks unloading at 12.30 a.m and starting at 6am, which wasnt the hotels fault at all but contributed to broken sleep. We did move rooms after 2 nights to rear of hotel, had 1 wonderful nights sleep but on 2nd night the alarm on the fire exit was broken and emitted a loud shreek every 20 seconds! Reception said they'd fix it but it wasn't fixed until the morning. We didn't ask for a discount on check out because overall we had a good stay. It is without a doubt the Staff that make this Hotel. The ~Haven rooftop bar is a great meeting place. Beds are really comfortable and the hotel decor is sumptuous.

Room Tip: Don't have a room at the front, go for the rear, even though you don't get a view, it is worth it for the quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing The Sanctuary Hotel as the place to stay for your 4 day trip.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am however, very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the fire alarm. I would love to see you back with us again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for reservations. I can be reached at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.