$189
$205
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

$386
$345
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$396
$251
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$301
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$192
$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$130
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

4,308 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smalldoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationyogurtconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelcentral parkaround the corner
Reviewed November 7, 2013

S.T.A.R. Managers? I don't care what the "S" and "T" stand for... anything that ends in "Any Requests" is okay by me. As soon as the friendly, young staff found out it was my friend's birthday, they showed up with a little gift. And for two nights, they did, in fact, fulfill all of our requests. Two free Proseccos are complimentary with each room, redeemable at the festive and comfortable rooftop bar. The room was clean, quiet and easy to control the temperature. The whole place (except the rooms) is very cozy and dark. This is perfect if your make-up is smeared or you don't need to see. We didn't. :) I highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay in a great location for the theater and easy access to the subway.

Room Tip: We had two rooms. One had two large windows the other had one tiny one. If you prefer one or the other indicate a preference. We got together at the brighter one, worked well for us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing The Sanctuary Hotel as the place to celebrate your 50th Birthday!

We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back with us soon for another great visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had 4 nights at Sanctuary Hotel, which is ideally situated close to Times Square and Rockerfeller Center. Hotel is Chic and Contemporary and the Staff are Courteous, Polite, Attentive and Friendly. We had a Superior Delux Queen room which was a good size. However, it was on the 2nd floor overlooking 47th street where there were roadworks unloading at 12.30 a.m and starting at 6am, which wasnt the hotels fault at all but contributed to broken sleep. We did move rooms after 2 nights to rear of hotel, had 1 wonderful nights sleep but on 2nd night the alarm on the fire exit was broken and emitted a loud shreek every 20 seconds! Reception said they'd fix it but it wasn't fixed until the morning. We didn't ask for a discount on check out because overall we had a good stay. It is without a doubt the Staff that make this Hotel. The ~Haven rooftop bar is a great meeting place. Beds are really comfortable and the hotel decor is sumptuous.

Room Tip: Don't have a room at the front, go for the rear, even though you don't get a view, it is worth it for the quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing The Sanctuary Hotel as the place to stay for your 4 day trip.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am however, very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the fire alarm. I would love to see you back with us again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for reservations. I can be reached at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I'd been hopping around at different hotels in my last two stays in New York. For this trip I decided to venture a little closer to Times Square than I would prefer to, and I am so happy I did.

I've paid twice as much for room in other hotels in NYC and felt like just a nameless nobody. Everyone at this hotel was amazing. The staff at Sanctuary knew my name, recognized me every time I came and went, and were genuinely friendly people. I never once felt like they were just doing this for a paycheck- everyone from the awesome doormen to the staff at the front desk were wonderful people. I can't explain what it is like to come back to a swank hotel where you actually feel welcomed. They took what was already a nice experience and made it the best stay ever.

The extras you get are worth staying here alone. The free breakfasts and wifi are definitely something to consider when trying to get most out of your trip without breaking the bank. I also loved how they'd decorated with real pumpkins everywhere for Halloween.

Another thing I appreciated was the security of the place. The doormen are not just there to open the door for you- they screened every guest and pizza deliveryman who came in to the hotel and would call me to make sure they were allowed up. As I was a woman travelling by myself for part of the trip, it was something I really liked.

The inside of the lobby is small, but dark and serene. It really is as advertised- you walk in just off of times square and you can't hear the street noise at all.

The room- to which I was upgraded to a king- wasn't the largest room I've ever stayed in in NYC, but it was appointed well. I loved the chandelier over the bed and the shower was the best shower I've ever used in a hotel. The bed was wonderful and comfy. Everything was clean. There was no view in my room, but there were two windows that opened, and I heard no street noise- or any other noise at all except for the air conditioning switching on and off.

This is now my go-to hotel anytime I go back to NYC. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The hardest part is getting a cab in front of the hotel- and if you manage to, you will be sitting in traffic for a while. Walk up to 9th or 10th and catch one there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Natalie W

Thank you for providing such a wonderful detailed review about your experience at The Sanctuary Hotel.

It's comments such as yours that really motivate the staff to continuously put forth great effort to provide the very best for our staff.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here for four nights at the end of October with a group of friends. We had a great time, busy walking everywhere/sightseeing and then back 'home' to the hotel at the end of the day.The doormen were so welcoming and ALWAYS there to open the door and greet us. Rooms/decor were wonderful and the duvets/pillows as soft as marshmallows! Such a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicky N
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We are glad to know that your stay was "super".

Our goal is to always provide our guests with a stay that is both unique and memorable. Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please think of The Sanctuary. We would love to see you back.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is perfectly located near everything. It's a block away from time square, but far enough away that you don't hear the noise and the lights won't keep you up! Every one from the staff was great. Super helpful, polite, genuinely interested in making your stay comfortable. They were very sweet with my 2 year old. Even gave her a little teddy bear at check-in.

The room was modern, clean and I love the big shower. The breakfast bar however was a little lacking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rami220

We appreciate the feedback and are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your time with us.

We would love to see you back with us again for another great visit.