“Fab hotel in the heart of Times Square”

Sanctuary Hotel New York
Ranked #72 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We decided on this hotel, despite the relative small rooms, as it received great reviews, and we were not disappointed. The staff look hip, and are friendly and efficient in handling issues or providing directions. The breakfast is free, and includes hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast and fruits. They also provide iced tea and water in the lobby. As stated before, the rooms are smallish but are well laid out and well appointed. But it is the location that really sells - you are minutes from the theaters and restaurants , and there are two separate subways at each corner of 47th street for exploring the rest of New York. Haven bar and restaurant on the 9th floor is also very hip but is expensive and the food is just so-so.

4  Thank Orator11
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Our rooms are designed with the intent to maximize use of space. I would love for you to come back and try out one of our deluxe rooms. I trust that with additional room and upgraded amenities, it would be even more suited to your needs.

Should your travels bring you back to New York City, please think of The Sanctuary Hotel New York.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Trying to find and book a hotel in NYC was extremely overwhelming. Which one? What's the best location? I'm a solo female traveller, will I be safe? But I found the perfect hotel.... I cannot praise this hotel enough. It's amazing. They have complementary ice tea, ice water, tea and coffee in the lobby. Staff are best - very helpful and always cheerful. Lauren on reception is a sweetheart and can't do enough for you. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. I had read they were small, but my room - a queen superior room - was a good size. There is someone in the front door at all times...most times 2 people and the lifts are monitored at night. Think this is because of the rooftop restaurant and bar.

One my last day, I was presented with 3 bite size cupcakes in a box :) a very touching gesture. Best of all, the hotel is located literally 20 seconds walk from time square and a subway station.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Nevin A

Thank you for your review.

We really appreciate the feedback and hope to have you back with us for another great experience. The staff will be excited to read about your comments.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arriving in NYC after a restful trip from Baltimore, MD courtesy of the bus, I really was ready to find the hotel and put my belongings down and get my "If I can make it there" journey started. I literally walked right past the Sanctuary, which was just as well because its not the kind of place that folk just loiter out in front of or lounge in the lobby. This hotel has quiet understated beauty and stature. The entire front desk staff from the time I entered to the time I left to go home were 'spot on'. One of them helped me solve a mini-ticket-crisis, another instructed me where to go while he highlighted my end-points on the map, and another made sure that everything with my reservation/room was good to go. The young men at the door were also kind and helpful with directions, etc. Can I tell you how much I enjoyed the room? I got too comfortable and almost didn't want to venture outside of my cocoon. However, I managed to make it to the rooftop bar and perch up alongside a few young ladies who were so much fun. The bar staff was nice and very accommodating. They pour NYC libations with NYC prices but you only live once. The scenery up on the roof (think The Drifters) was fantastic and almost surreal. To the entire staff of the Sanctuary hotel, thank you for such a wonderful stay. Now, if you all would have just had some bacon or other meat for breakfast....I would have been in 'bacon heaven'. (hint/suggestion/request)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Charm410

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a stay that all our guests deserves. Our goal is to always create an experience that is both unique and memorable. Our S.T.A.R. (Service Tailored to Any request) philosophy is something that we take great pride in applying.

We would love to see you back with us in the near future so that we can welcome you back to your new home away from home. I'm excited to hear that you found your very own Sanctuary with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Sanctuary Hotel for 4 nights with my husband. Great location, close to Times Square, Rockefeller center and more... Hotel staff was very nice, always helpfull. Hotel very clean. calm, no noise in the room even if we were close to the elevator. Breakfast was good. I would recommend it to anyone. We hope to return to New York and in the same hotel. Parking was just in front of the hotel, and staff of the hotel helped us with our luggage til the parking when we left. We did appreciate everything, no negative comments about the hotel.

2  Thank Sylvie L
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It's comments such as yours that continuously motivate our staff to provide the very best for all our guests.

We would love to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sanctuary Hotel is an amazing place to stay. The staff is professional and cares about you. Need to know where to go to dinner, they can tell you and it's always perfect. Great location, perfect hotel, fun time. Will continue to stay at Sanctuary anytime we visit New York City. Looking forward to our next visit in November.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank ChrisWH37

Thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community.

We really appreciate when guests take the time our of their busy schedules to provide us with such great feedback. Our focus, is to always provide a genuine customer experience where services and interactions are warmly rendered by professional, well-trained and knowledgeable staff.

We hope to have you back with us soon for another great visit.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I loved this hotel. I stayed with my wife and I have no any bad things to say. Room extremely clean and quiet. The staff are incredible. I will recomend to anyone. The location is 5 stars. 1 minute walk to Times Square and Subway. The street is calm and inside the hotel we can't ear any sound of the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your review and we sincerely appreciate the great feedback.

We would love to have you back for another great stay.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at the Sanctuary for 4 nights with my husband and daughter. Loved the location as it's so close to the Times square steps and within walking distance to many places of interest. Hotel staff very helpful, always smiling and guided us on all questions asked. Complimentary breakfast was very good too. Room was sparkling clean and neat, just wish it was a bit bigger as not enough space to keep our suitcases. Other than that everything about the hotel is great and would definitely stay here again. Oh yes, also promptly arranged taxi for us on check out. All in all we had a good stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted to here that you and your family enjoyed your time with us at The Sanctuary Hotel.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please think of us. We would love to have you all back in the near future.