Sanctuary Hotel New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$335
$305
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
4,228 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time to NY and I can promise that it wont be my last and apart from NY being an amazing city The Sanctuary had a lot to do with it.

The service is first class. From meeting me in my cab to the refreshing hot towel i was offered on check in to freshen up.
My room was lovely. i think i was given an upgrade as we had a private bathroom more like a wetroom as it was massive. the shower was amazing i could have stood in there all day. our room was also quite big. Going by other reviews i was expecting a shoe box but was plesently suprised with the amount of space we had.

The bed was something else. Super comfortable sooo nice. The room was cleaned every day with the option of having the linen changed daily.

The breakfast was lovely. we had breakfast every morning before heading out to see the sights and it filled me. always enought to pick from and im a fussy eater.

The location was perfect right in the heart of times square so handy to everything.

Always a warm friendly welcome when coming back to the hotel. the wifi was a real bonus as it enabled me to keep contact with everyone back home in ireland without spending a fortune on phone calls.

All in a fab hotel that i will certinly be visiting again :-):-):-)

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank DOUGAL_2010
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Sanctuary Hotel.

We truly appreciate when guest of ours take the time to provide us with great feedback. Many guests such as yourself enjoy the warm and inviting comfort of our rooms, especially the rainfall showers that you are describing.

We make every effort to tailor the experience for the individual needs of each hotel guest and I'm delighted to hear that you felt that our service was "first class".

We hope to have you back with us in the near future for another pleasant visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at this boutique hotel to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. Great location, trendy hotel and decor and best of all excellent service. The concierge, Jacob, particularly went the extra mile time and time again and we could not have been more grateful to him! The only thing worth noting is that we booked an upgraded Queen room while the King room is REALLY worth the upgrade as we were not impressed with the Queen room we were initially given. When trying to mend this situation the front desk staff was not as helpful or accommodating as we would have liked, however Jacob was really able to turn our whole trip around by his kind gestures. Also loved the touch of the attentive bellmen/doormen who welcome you back each time as well as anticipate when you are departing and arriving to get the doors for you. Last time I stayed there the hotel itself stood out, our more recent stay, the excellent service was the highlight.

Room Tip: The Queen rooms can be quite dark.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JonathanandRebecca
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I'm glad to know that you chose the Sanctuary Hotel as the place to celebrate your husband's 30th birthday.

It's always great when guests of ours take the time to provide us with feedback. We utilize this feedback as a tool to continuously improve upon the services that are provided.

I'm happy to know that Jacob was able to turn things around for you and accommodate your visit in the best way possible. We would love to welcome you back in the near future to your new home away from home.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am normally, not accustomed to writing reviews. However, because I had such a great experience during my recent stay at the Sanctuary, I felt that it was very deserving. Being an officer of the NYPD, I frequent the Times Square Area daily. It wasn’t until recently that I discovered that this hotel existed even after walking by this block every day. From the outside, you would not think of it as a hotel and more of a high end restaurant or lounge. They do not have huge signs, advertisements or any indication that they are a hotel like a Marriot or Hilton would. They are definitely a discrete retreat, which is something they seem to pride themselves on.
Beyond the grand entrance of the large wooden doors is a real hidden gem that takes you away from the hectic streets of the very high traffic area. I have to say that living in NYC, being welcomed by such a friendly staff is very refreshing. Everyone seemed to genuinely care.
I stayed here in preparation of providing support for the area due to a potential storm that was about to hit the area. No matter how the outside streets were, being at the Sanctuary was like being in a different world.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for providing us with such great feedback regarding your stay.

Guest satisfaction is one of our main focuses and we are delighted that our friendly staff exceeded your expectations. The goal is to always present our guests with a genuine and welcoming atmosphere.

We do indeed pride ourselves in creating a discrete retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We would also like to thank you and NYPD for doing a great job in keeping our city area safe.

We would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have not arrived yet but the STAR Managers have been wonderful! Answering stupid questions and giving us helpful tips to make our trip to NY wonderful. Hopefully the hotel will be as excellent as it's customer service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cavin5555
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

We are excited to have you stay with us and thank you for providing us with feedback even before your stay. We look forward to your wonderful experience at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first stay at this boutique hotel and it definitely was a very pleasant experience. The hotel is ultra-clean, the decor is nice and the service was outstanding. The proximity to Times Square and the theater district makes it very convenient. Service was excellent - everyone was extremely helpful. The rooms have everything you need, but they are small. If you can trade location, cleanliness and service for size, this is a perfectly reasonably price option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CesarG297

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit.

Our rooms are designed with the intent to maximize use of space why creating a warm and welcoming environment. For your next visit, I would suggest our deluxe rooms. With the upgraded amenities and additional space, I believe that it will provide and even more enjoyable stay for you.

We would love to see you back soon.