“We had a great time!”

Sanctuary Hotel New York
Ranked #75 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel. The room was cosy, warmful, neat, The staff was very helpful and Brandan, the concierge, made our stay memorable. People at the front desk were very nice. I will defenetly recommend this amaizing hotel located in the heart of Times Square, so convenient!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

We appreciate the feedback.

I'm happy to know that you had such a wonderful visit with us. I will definitely share your comments with Brandon and hope to have you back soon.

Jeremy Poon

Write a ReviewReviews (4,115)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Cozy room, comfortable bed, best shower, friendly, helpful and fun staff.
The lounge on the roof is pricey but well worth a visit or two or three.
Couldn't be in a better location for Broadway shows and Irish pubs.

Room Tip: looking for a cozy, quiet and comfortable room in the center of Times Square, this is the place.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and hope to have you back in the near future. Just know that Haven Rooftop awaits your return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for our 10th anniversary last weekend. I emailed in advance to arrange flowers and champagne and was upgraded to a deluxe king room for our special occasion. I thought that was a really nice touch but that was only the beginning of what was the best weekend away we have ever experienced. Jeremy, Jacob and Brandon were so helpful, knowledgable and all round nice guys that help us with anything we wanted to do. The hotel just has the feeling of pure relaxation with a twist of cool and funky. Every member of staff knew it was out anniversary and made the effort to congratulate us. I'm still smiling a week on and we WILL be back to visit everyone at the sanctuary very very soon. Thank you everyone so much for an amazing weekend with you all. Mr & Mrs Evans

• Stayed: February 2013

We are delighted to know that you and your wife enjoyed your 10 year anniversary celebration at the Sanctuary Hotel.

it was our pleasure to have had the opportunity to make things special for the both of you. Our goal is to always create a unique and memorable experience for everyone.

We would love to have you back with us soon, that you can experience even more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a deluxe queen room on the second floor for a two-night visit. We would definitely choose to stay here again. Excellent, safe location very close to 5th Ave shopping, theaters, Rock Center, etc. Linens and bed very comfortable. Attractive, modern bathroom. Consistently friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary continental breakfast is a plus. We were very happy with our choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RSAR4

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your recent visit. Knowing that you felt that the Sanctuary Hotel was the right choice, brings smiles to all our faces.

We would love to have you back for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I used to walk by this hotel on my way to/from Times Square. It was the Portland Hotel then, I thought it had a nice facade, but I was a bit afraid to go in, as it wasn't in the best of neighborhoods.
What a change! The hotel, while small, is excellently apppointed with great and helpful staff. Our room was a "Superior Queen" which doesn't say much because there isn't anything less than that. It was well priced though, and while small, bordering on tiny, it had plenty of room and was beautifully decorated. The linens were quite nice and, if requested, changed daily. Some, like me occassionally prefer to be non-conservationist while on vacation.
If you like midtown and the theatre district, this is the place for you. It is convenient to all subway and bus lines if you want to go somewhere else, and avoid taxi fares.
I would look at the size of the different rooms, and make sure, if you are a bit claustrophobic, that you will be satisfied with the smallest, if you are looking for price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

We always appreciate when guests of ours take the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. I'm sincerely glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

I would love for you to come back and try our deluxe rooms. With the additional space and upgraded amenities, I believe that it would make your stay even more enjoyable. For reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I can be reached at jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a great little boutique hotel literally seconds from time square and close to the shops on 5th which was exactly what I was looking for for this trip. Travelling with my Mum for her birthday and we were greeted with mini cupcakes and a signed birthday card from all the staff this was such a nice touch. Throughout the stay the staff were very friendly.
We had a great room and it was by no means small by NYC standards it had 2 very comfy Queen size beds in, an average size bathroom for NYC and just about enough room for all of our luggage and shopping with room to walk around it too.
Typically with an NYC stay we were hardly in the room and this room was way beyond adequate.
The bar on the roof was nice for sundowners or a quick cocktail and is an great plus point of the hotel.
Breakfast is basic but serves a purpose.

I highly recommend this hotel as a central, well priced high quality option in NYC!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here on a 3 day business gig where I was out of the room more than I was in it: perfect location, amazingly quiet, even in a room facing the street, great bed, pillows and blankets (no velux here or foam pillows, YAY!), truly aiming to serve their guests. Great breakfast and loved the free pass to Equinox...the best gym in NYC. Lovely appointments, especially black out shades!

I would request a few more things, starting at the front door: there are no banisters or railings...and if you are a bit limited in movement like I am, you like a bit more support. This can't be hard to do, and when I commented on this to the evening doorman, he just laughed.

And in the room: how hard is it to have a coffee maker? And if I were trying to work, the high desk and chair would not have worked for me, particularly because there are no outlets nearby. And lastly, the room is very "bed-centric", i.e: there is really no where else to sit except for on the bed. I was in a deluxe king; having a comfortable arm chair would have been great.

I would stay here again if I wanted a true retreat space, not a working space.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities such as complimentary passes to Equinox gym and breakfast. Knowing how much you enjoyed your time with us, brings smiles to all our faces.

We are always looking for ways to improve our product and services that we provide. I will certainly look into your suggestions.

We would love to have you back in the near future.