“First choice for your NYC trip”

Sanctuary Hotel New York
Ranked #63 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Hamilton, Bermuda
“First choice for your NYC trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Only a short stay in New York and we picked the sanctuary after reading the reviews on trip advisor, great hotel, and a lovely experience, the hotel is everything you expect, great location, great entrance and lobby with a well appointed coffee stall and bar, the room had everything you would want contained cleverly in the limited space. The room was styled to a very high standard and the shower was fab. The rooftop bar was something else, great views of the cityscape and a wonderful start or end to the evening. The best part of the hotel however was the staff, no matter who you speak to, nor the time of the day, they were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We'll be staying in the Sanctuary on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy H
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We are delighted to read such a wonderful review about us. It's reviews like this, that really motivate the Sanctuary team to continuously find ways on improving the services that we provide.

Knowing that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us, brings a smile to all our faces. The goal is to always create a unique and memorable experience for our guest. It's very important that guests of ours truly feel like the Sanctuary is home away from home and we hope that everyone leaves with a lasting impression.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC, we would love for you to return to the Sanctuary and experience even more.

Warm Regards,

Jeremy Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Sanctuary is awesome! We picked them for our wedding might hotel and we couldn't be happier. The rooms are beautiful, clean and egantly sexy and modern.

Jeremy at S.T.A.R made our experience even better by helping me order amazing roses for the room as well as making sure there were rose pedals all over the bed and floor. There were also complimentary chocolates and a personalized letter for us the newly weds!

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was great as well and held downstairs in their lounge area. We didn't have a chance to check it out, but they also have a very nice rooftop bar/lounge with a great view.

Highly recommend!!!! Thanks again! You were awesome Sanctuary!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Tiffilip
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to know that the Sanctuary Hotel was the right choice for such a special occasion. Our goal is to always create a memorable experience for everyone, just like yours.

We would love for you to return soon, so that you may experience even more.

Warm Regards,

Kohler, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, my daughter and I were treated like part of the family by the excellent, friendly staff. We were always greeted graciously and almost always by name, and meeting the hotel manager, Mr. Jeremy Poon, at the time of arrival was welcoming. Mr. Poon made sure our requests prior to arrival were met when we arrived. Jacob and Brandon graciously took care of us during our stay by giving us directions and suggestions, as well as answering all of our questions. The hotel was very welcoming and comfortable and not crazy busy like other hotels. It was not very often when we encountered other guests other than at the complimentary breakfast. The room was a nice size because we had two double beds, the beds were amazingly comfortable, and the shower was great. The location was superb! The hotel is a short walking distance to Time Square and other attractions, but away from the crazy traffic. We liked the fact that the hotel had colored lights at night so it was easy to find in the dark. The rooftop lounge was very comfortable and inviting. Other than everything being so expensive, the hotel was definitely worth it because of the location, excellent customer service, and cozy atmosphere. We would return again. Thank you all for a great, unforgettable experience!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your rave experience at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I am delighted to to know that you enjoyed the services that we provided and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your recognition of their efforts. Jacob and Brandon will be especially happy to read about your feedback.

It was a pleasure meeting with you and I hope to see you return to your "home away from home". We look forward to having you back.

Warmest Regards,

edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a whistle stop visit to New York. FAb decor, room not as small as I thought, great bathroom design and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We appreciate your feedback.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC again, we hope that you think of the Sanctuary Hotel.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

A friend and I stayed at Sanctuary while she was on business. The room was fabulous even if it was small, and the staff was out of this world. Jacob managed to book us dinners at restaurants that were so good we didn't want to leave, even if they were already full for the evening or don't normally take reservations. He nailed our style and taste with his pick of restaurants. Jose, Juan, Luis, Brenden, Jimmy were all so warm and personable in addition to being professional and doing their jobs well. I can honestly say I've never had more fun interacting with hotel staff. My only complaint was the slim pickings at breakfast (only one apple available in the fruit basket) and needing to ask for salt and pepper and napkins as there were none available. I definitely recommend Sanctuary. The central location is great, and the staff can't be beat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
The biggest compliment we can receive is when a guest writes a review entitled "Best hotel experience ever". Knowing that we were able to provide someone with such an experience, simple brings smiles to all our faces.

We will continue to work hard in providing our guests with a visit that is true to the Sanctuary name. Jimmy, Jose, Juan, Luis, and Brandon will be ecstatic to read your review.

We look forward to having you back with us for another stay in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at the Sanctuary hotel for 4 days...wish I could have stayed longer. I travel often for work so I'm used to staying at hotels and don't think much of them, but this hotel impressed me beyond belief and I can't wait for my next NYC trip, just so I can stay here again. The decor is beautiful, the lighting is sexy, the room was really nice and clean. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of fresh food. But I believe that what really makes or breaks any business are the people, and I can honestly say that every employee I came in contact with at this hotel not only did everything to make my stay enjoyable but also genuinely looked like they loved their job. Jimmy and Jose at the front desk provided excellent customer service throughout my stay, and Jacob went above and beyond to make sure my stay was perfect. He made great suggestions for restaurants and even made reservations for us, he knew how to answer all my questions about the city and provided probably the best customer service I have ever received anywhere.
I already told my work that from now on this is the only hotel I want to stay at in NYC. So glad I found this gem!!

• Stayed May 2012
We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Jimmy, Jose and Jacob will be so happy to read about your comments. It's comments like these, that motivate the staff to continuously strive for service excellence.

We too, can't wait until you come back here for another visit. See you soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

friendly staff, quite large room for New York, good location although the design is a bit too much and the hotel is a bit dark. Apart from that very good value. They overcharged me with 400 $ on checkout so be aware of the bill!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I'd like to apologize for any miscommunication in regards to charges. Please contact me directly at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com so that I may personally assist you in resolving the matter.