“Fab Stay”

Ranked #72 of 468 Hotels in New York City
edinburgh
“Fab Stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a whistle stop visit to New York. FAb decor, room not as small as I thought, great bathroom design and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We appreciate your feedback.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC again, we hope that you think of the Sanctuary Hotel.

Jeremy Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 27, 2012

A friend and I stayed at Sanctuary while she was on business. The room was fabulous even if it was small, and the staff was out of this world. Jacob managed to book us dinners at restaurants that were so good we didn't want to leave, even if they were already full for the evening or don't normally take reservations. He nailed our style and taste with his pick of restaurants. Jose, Juan, Luis, Brenden, Jimmy were all so warm and personable in addition to being professional and doing their jobs well. I can honestly say I've never had more fun interacting with hotel staff. My only complaint was the slim pickings at breakfast (only one apple available in the fruit basket) and needing to ask for salt and pepper and napkins as there were none available. I definitely recommend Sanctuary. The central location is great, and the staff can't be beat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
The biggest compliment we can receive is when a guest writes a review entitled "Best hotel experience ever". Knowing that we were able to provide someone with such an experience, simple brings smiles to all our faces.

We will continue to work hard in providing our guests with a visit that is true to the Sanctuary name. Jimmy, Jose, Juan, Luis, and Brandon will be ecstatic to read your review.

We look forward to having you back with us for another stay in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at the Sanctuary hotel for 4 days...wish I could have stayed longer. I travel often for work so I'm used to staying at hotels and don't think much of them, but this hotel impressed me beyond belief and I can't wait for my next NYC trip, just so I can stay here again. The decor is beautiful, the lighting is sexy, the room was really nice and clean. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of fresh food. But I believe that what really makes or breaks any business are the people, and I can honestly say that every employee I came in contact with at this hotel not only did everything to make my stay enjoyable but also genuinely looked like they loved their job. Jimmy and Jose at the front desk provided excellent customer service throughout my stay, and Jacob went above and beyond to make sure my stay was perfect. He made great suggestions for restaurants and even made reservations for us, he knew how to answer all my questions about the city and provided probably the best customer service I have ever received anywhere.
I already told my work that from now on this is the only hotel I want to stay at in NYC. So glad I found this gem!!

• Stayed May 2012
We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Jimmy, Jose and Jacob will be so happy to read about your comments. It's comments like these, that motivate the staff to continuously strive for service excellence.

We too, can't wait until you come back here for another visit. See you soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 27, 2012

friendly staff, quite large room for New York, good location although the design is a bit too much and the hotel is a bit dark. Apart from that very good value. They overcharged me with 400 $ on checkout so be aware of the bill!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I'd like to apologize for any miscommunication in regards to charges. Please contact me directly at Jeremy@sanctuaryhotelnyc.com so that I may personally assist you in resolving the matter.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We recently spent five pleasant nights at the Sanctuary Hotel, and recommend it to New York visitors. It is located a half block from Times Square, and has interesting designs with a roof top bar. The best part of our stay there, in addition to the pleasant decorations of the hotel, was our experience with the staff, including the counter personnel, the concierge, the doorman, the porter, the bar attendants, the breakfast assistants, and the room service workers. I have not stayed at another hotel with such pleasant, gracious, considerate and helpful staff, and Mr. Jeremy Poon, the hotel's manager, was particularly friendly,understanding and accommodating. We will certainly stay at the Sanctuary Hotel on our next visit to "The Big Apple." Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: Get the largest room you can afford.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you here as our guest. I'm happy to know that your experience with us was such a great one. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to personally meet you and your wife, and we appreciate the positive feedback.

The staff will be excited to read about your review and we hope to have you back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Fremont, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

From the moment we checked in to our beautiful room to the moment we left, we were treated AMAZING! The staff is incredible....professional, friendly, courteous, and accommodating. They go out of their way to really give top service. The rooms are beautifully decorated. The new Haven rooftop bar was the perfect end to a busy day in the city.

We really didn't know what to expect from a "boutique" hotel. I have to say, I'll only stay here when I return.

Forgot to mention....continental breakfast and LOCATION......perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We are happy to know that you felt that the treatment you received at the Sanctuary Hotel was "amazing". It's feedback like this that motivates the staff to do even better.

I hope that your next visit with us will be even better.

Warm Regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was a very good experience. The staff are excellent. The room is actually spacious considering the location. The design and maintenance are excellent, and the bed is amazingly comfortable. Will no doubt return providing the price remains reasonable. Like a few other reviewers, not sure why I had to eat breakfast in a canteen environment using plastic cutlery. But perhaps we are just getting spoilt these days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about us.

As we continuously look for ways of providing more for our guests, we will always appreciate feedback. Our staff will be happy to read about your comments.