“name says it all”

Sanctuary Hotel New York
Ranked #69 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The name says it all. This hotel is indeed a Sanctuary. The dim lighting, music, and ambience in the lobby felt like you are in a spa.

Moved hotels after 3 nights to try this one out due to the great reviews I have read and I"m glad that I did. Stayed one night on March 29th and I wished that I stayed here for my entire stay. The hotel is located half a block away from Time Square. There is a Fedex across the street which came in handy as I had to ship a package back to the office. All of the staff were very friendly and greeted me by name.

The hotel has a great lounge and the lobby/guestroms looked newly renovated. The bed was comfortable and it nice having a view. The bathroom, especially the shower stall was one of the best ones I've seen. I was in room 513 and it was facing out onto 47th street. The tiles in the bathroom were neat. (It felt like leather). It had a stocked minibar and the prices were decent. The restaurant and rooftop bar was not yet open, but there was complimentary breakfast in the morning. They do not have a fitness centre but they offer passes to a private gym.

There are steps at the entrance and I didn't see a ramp, but the doorman will assist with luggage. They also have a STAR Manager (concierge) who helped with restaurant recommendations.

I will definetly use this hotel again if the next time I am in NYC

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MarcotheRoadWarrior
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the Sanctuary Hotel. Knowing that you changed hotels and decided to come stay with us instead, brings smiles to all our faces.

We hope that all your future travels to NYC will be at the Sanctuary Hotel.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at the Sanctuary Hotel March 14-17 - what a fabulous hotel. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We would like to mention Brandon, as he was a huge help to us. This was our first visit to NYC and the staff made it a special one. Our plane arrived very early in the morning and we had planned to just store our bags and then head off for the day. However, when we arrived we were given a room upgrade and we were checked into our room before 6:30am!! The location is perfect and easy to get to. We had a room at the front of the hotel, but did not find it in the least bit noisy. We would happily recommend this hotel.

2  Thank westcoasty
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Brandon will be extremely happy to read about your comments. We appreciate the feedback and are glad that we were able to accommodate all your needs.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Super-convenient to me, visiting home office right around the corner. Couldn't be better. Highly recommended. Bed was extra-comfy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MJ T

Thank you for your feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is hands down the best hotel I've ever been to. My baby & I stayed here for my BDay & our anniversary. The doormen grabbed our bags from the taxi & whisked us right to the front desk to check in as soon as we pulled up. The lobby & the rest of the hotel is sexy, clean, & very upscale. A bottle of champagne & a cupcake were sent to my suite with two cards signed by the staff. The room was VERY cozy & had just enough space. The bed & shower were AMAZING! The shower in the same room as the bed really added to the romantic flavor it already has. It's located only one block from Times Square literally. They also have a bar of soap that smells so good! Had to ask for some to take home with me lol. The staff were extremely nice. This is my new permanent hotel every time I visit NYC now. I'm recommending all of my family & friends also. Only complaint I have is the weak wifi but everything else was excellent.

Room Tip: The King suite is the room I had. Well worth the money.
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and stayed for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff were very knowledgeable and they were always up beat and very friendly. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The location is perfect with all the key locations within walking distance. It was my wife's birthday and on arrival the staff had written a card and bought a present. They also moved us to a room with a view. Attention to detail which the hotel seems to pride itself upon. A big Thankyou to the Sanctuary team.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor. It was very quiet.
3  Thank john825
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your time here at the Sanctuary Hotel and thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Sanctuary is just that a quiet, swank and friendly sanctuary. Superb ambiance. Comfortable and spotless accomodations. Helpful and friendly staff. And the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank wheninrome99
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

We are so glad that you "really liked" your visit to the Sanctuary Hotel New York.

The ambiance that you speak of was designed with the idea of creating a true Sanctuary for all our guests. From the grand entrance, to the fireplace-adorned lobby and energetic bar lounge, we wanted to create a discrete retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, while still being located in the heart of Times Square.

We hope your next visit will be just as good and would love to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Though we travel to NYC a good bit, we typically avoid Times Square hotels, so this was our first visit to the Sanctuary and happy to report that we were quite impressed.

The price/value was incredibly fair, given the time of year, and the room was perfectly appointed and designed for ultimate efficiency. The staff was great...the lobby was comfortable and inviting...and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Greg Y

We appreciate your comments and hope to have you back soon.

As always, we make every effort to create "home away from home" for every guest.

Warm Regards,