Sanctuary Hotel New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$247
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
Westin.com
4,228 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Just back from a very enjoyable stay at the Sanctuary Hotel, New York. The hotel's ideal Times Square location is almost enough in itself to qualify it for a recommendation but the hotel's trademark STAR customer service clinched it for us. We booked through Trip Advisor and it lived up to its excellent reviews. From the moment of our arrival on 14 Nov 2011 the staff did their level best to ensure that our stay was memorable. The room, as others have described it, was compact. The very comfortable bed and 'rain' shower were delightful. Breakfast was a welcome extra for New York, and though the breakfast room was fairly functional, the continental breakfast was just fine. Do venture outside for breakfast also, as a New York Deli style breakfast is also one to be experienced.

Full marks to concierge Lenny and the rest of the team at the Sanctuary for their pleasant, upbeat, professional service and their strong teamwork and customer service ethic.

Pat and Jean

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luckyireland09
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at the Sanctuary Hotel New York.

Knowing that you booked your reservation because of seeing us on tripadvisor is important to us. It's an opportunity for us to know how our guests feel about their experience. With the Sanctuary Hotel New York, guest feedback is crucial as it lets us know when we are doing great things, and when there are areas of improvement needed. The S.T.A.R. (Service Tailored to Any Request) experience is something we pride ourselves on and I'm happy to know that we were able to provide you with a flawless stay.

Thank you for the "full marks". Lenny and the staff will be happy to see this.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is located just a stone's throw from Times Square. Staff is proffessional and always willing to assist you. Room was nice and tidy however the superior one we got was extra small with not spectacular view. This hotel has it's atmosphere, it is very dark because of dimmed light. I recommend this hotel for quick tours around Manhattan.

Room Tip: superior rooms are small
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel New York.

It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our decor. For future bookings, I would suggest our deluxe rooms. I trust that they will give you the added space that you are looking for, along with upgraded amenities.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2011

What an amazing hotel! Great rooms, super location and fantastic staff and absolutely amazing bed! (Trying to work out if they will notice me pushing it out through resection so I can take it home to London)

Joanna, front of house manager was great and everyone at the hotel, from door man to the ladies servivinging the continental breakfast were super friendly and could not do more to help you.

This is a new hotel, and if Jeremy (the GM), Joanna and the rest if the team keep this up, this hotel will be the IT place to stay in NYC!

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding Joanna and myself is much appreciated. It's comments such as yours, that continually motivates us in wanting to create a memorable experience for each guest. Service excellence is our goal, and that is what we strive to present.

It's great to know that you will be returning for a future visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your travels bring you to New York City.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here for two nights. It is a really nice property in a great location. Room was comfortable with a good bed, nice lighting, good tv, and I loved the shower! I had a double which was great for one person. Others in my group had a queen and they thought it was small. Room was very clean. My room overlooked 47th and was naturally noisy. Take earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Service is really friendly. You will enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Picky_Picky111

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the features and amenities in the room. Most people enjoy the showers and lush beds, just like you did.

Should your travels bring you back to New York City, please think of the Sanctuary Hotel. We would love to have you back again.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I found this hotel here in Trip Advisor, so I didn't know anybody who actually stayed there. But the reviews were so good I'd like to try.
When I got there, i didn't realize how perfect it could be. First, about the car service I've reserved at the hotel to pick me up at the airport.
The Hotel is Magical. Awesome, the decorations so perfect and fantastic. The room (double bed room) was comfortable and well designed, and soooo clean. The bed, no words. I swear i'd like to bring that bed home! The bathroom, amazing and clean and good size.
There are no words to describe the staff, which took care of everything and was amazing. Lenny and Brandon were kind and thoughtful.
The breakfast was a great surprise. Everything at the hotel was a great surprise.
Ahh, the location is perfect, next to Times Square, easy access to subway and all the city, but, at night, the silence was absolute at the room.
I'm sure i will stay there my next time in NY. Tks for everything!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Using words such as "magical", "awesome", "fantastic" and perfect, to describe your experience here at the Sanctuary Hotel, let's us know that we are doing things right.

Thank you for sharing with everyone on trip advisor.com and we hope to you see you in the near future.

Best Regards,