Sanctuary Hotel New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
$365
$322
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$250
$239
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
4,230 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were booked into the Hotel Marrakesh through Expedia Secret Hotels, and on complaining about bed bug bites there (three in a row, very neat) we were transferred to this hotel.

Discreet and elegant, style conscious, but not over conscious, perfectly located, staff of the HIGHEST quality, rooms that were elegant contemporary without any trashiness, rain water showers, bombay gin (half bottle) in the minibar, knick knacks galore, two windows, perfect location....this has got to be the best NYC hotel IMHO. We only stayed one night, and enjoyed all aspects of this perfect germ excellently. Ace! Ace!! Ace!!!

Room Tip: As for a room with windows
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank contingo
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at The Sanctuary for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. We very much enjoyed our stay. The location (1/2 block to Times Square) is great! Even though we were so close to Times Square, our room was exceptionally quiet. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The standard king room was small - fine for a single traveler, but a little challenging for a couple. Next time I will upgrade. Overall this was a wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade from a standard queen if more than 1 person is staying
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. You should definitely try our deluxe room types in the future. I trust that you will be pleased with the upgrade.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Sanctuary Hotel for a week at the beginning of September 2011. When we arrived there was an error on their system via Travelocity (no fault of their own), they managed to find us a hotel on a busy saturday night to stay for 1 night when every hotel in manhattan was booked up (they only managed because a friend of one of the staff worked at the other hotel).
When we arrived back at the Sanctuary the next morning our room was ready and was lovely. A large room with a huge king bed. The room was a good size for manhattan and had a huge HD tv mounted on the wall, the bathroom had a large glass shower cubicle (with optional curtain for privacy) and separate toilet. There was also an ipod dock/radio in next to the bed which was great for recharging ipod etc.

When we got to our room on the first day there was a card for us signed by all the members of staff of the hotel apologizing for the error in the booking.

The next day when we got back to our room there was another card, this time from the manager along with a box of cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery by way of another apology.
It just shows, sometimes you can really take a negative experience and turn it into a noteworthy positive one.

Staff were all friendly and greeted us each time we returned. None more so than Lenny, a concierge at the hotel who works on the weekends.

We went to visit the Highline park (a must see) later in the week and no sooner had we walked into the highline, but a guy asks us "are you guys staying at the Sanctuary Hotel?". We were a bit surprised but it was Lenny, who somehow had recognised us, despite probably only have seen us for a few short moments on our arrival, and even though it was his own personal time stopped to say hi, and advise us on other things we should see in the area.

This experience sums up our stay at the Sanctuary, friendly staff that go out of their way to help you. Both Lenny and Angie (who sorted the alternative hotel on the first night) were great.

I can recommend a stay at the Sanctuary. It's been newly refurbished to a high standard and is located between Times Square and Rockefeller Centre, the nearest subway is only a couple of minutes walk. Despite being in a busy area, the room was quiet with no disturbances.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at the Sanctuary Hotel.

I am happy that we were able to turn a negative situation into a positive one for you. We take great pride in creating a memorable experience for everyone. Lenny and Angie will be so excited to hear about your great comments.

I hope you enjoyed truly enjoyed your stay and am glad you enjoyed the cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. I would love to know which flavor you liked best...I just might leave another surprise for you next stay.

Sanctuary Hotel

Reviewed September 18, 2011

The good...great, very friendly staff, cool lobby and bar, very quiet for it's near Times Square location. The bad...smallest room I've ever had in NY, and the first time I ever had a room with no windows. You couldn't tell if it was day or night. I know NY hotels rooms are small, but this was extreme.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about getting a room with real windows.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank emersonCT

Thank you for submitting your feedback in regards to your stay.

I'm sorry that the room you received did not meet expectation in regards to size. I would suggest our deluxe rooms the next time you stay. I believe that you will enjoy the additional space and the beautiful layout.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I checked in the night before Hurricane Irene. They came by to give extra linens in case they could not service the rooms the next day. It turned out to be nothing much, but the service was excellent. My first room was quite small but fine for a single occupancy. They were nice to allow me to move into a king room when rest of my family arrived, and that was even more fantastic: very nice layout, plenty of room. Overall, an excellent location (1/2 block from Time Square) and should be even nicer when the bar and breakfast are up and running. For my room rates the breakfast was not going yet so the pre-opening rate was lower.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family