6,276 results
All reviews carnegie hall elizabeth cacovic great location times square new york guest relations columbus circle few blocks lincoln center coffee maker subway station street noise nyc quimby concierge broadway avenue
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I had a great room, the staff were very helpful and they solve all my problems. I will always return to this hotel. This is my forth stay at the Park Central.
The only thing is they should put some lighting in the closets so i could see my clothing.
Pedro S
México

Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank pedrito1005
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear pedrito1005,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to learn that our staff was very helpful to solve any problems you encountered during your visit. We are equally delighted to learn of your loyalty and upon your next visit, please speak with our Guest Relations Desk and we can arrange to remedy your challenge with the guest room closet. We look forward to an opportunity to extending a very warm welcome to you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The Park Central is definitely a mixed experience. If you’re not familiar with NYC, it’s a fabulous location - easy walk to Broadway, Central Park, west side, east side, etc. the lobby is lovely - bright and inviting. Contrary to a few negative reviews, I found all of the staff helpful and friendly.

I had booked in advance for the rate that included the possibility of cancelling. 3 days before, when I knew I wouldn’t need to cancel, I changed to a non-refundable rate for a significant savings and got a larger room. In fact, a nice sized room for NY, street view and higher level. Street noise and hallway noise were all acceptable.

Now the negative and why I won’t return. As stated on other reviews, the room doesn’t feel clean. While the bed was clean and comfortable, the room felt musty and the bathroom had an odor. At first I thought maybe it was the plumbing, but I think it might have been dirty rags. Management needs to have the carpets cleaned well. There is what looks like dust on the floor by all of the walls. Also, it is strange that there is only one heavy, opaque window shade. With office buildings directly across the street, that means that the shade must be kept completely closed for privacy if you’re light is on Most hotels have an additional curtain or shade that allows light to come in, but can be closed so people can’t look in.

It was also surprising that the lovely, large bar off of the lobby doesn’t serve any food at all. However, there is a small take out cafe, but closes early.

The elevator security is misleading. As long as one person uses a key to make the elevator work, you can go to any floor. At most hotels with an elevator key slot, a key is needed to get to each specific floor.

Location - perfect

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank Groupworker

Dear Groupworker,

thank you for sharing your honest thoughts with us. We do regret to hear about the inconveniences you encountered with the condition of your guest room and housekeeping. Allow me to apologize for this disappointing experience. Although some of the guest room elements mentioned are streamlined guest room features, please know that we truly value your satisfaction and comfort. If you should graciously allow us the opportunity, we hope to welcome you back in the future for a more consistent visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I chose Park Central Hotel to stay during our vacation in NYC because every time we have stayed at this hotel it was extremely pleasant. And this time it wasn’t different. We had the opportunity to meet manager Elizabeth when checking in and her friendliness made us feel at home again. The hotel is well located, with easy access to the main sights of the city and subway is at the corner. Definitely we will be staying at Park Central Hotel again next time in NYC.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Rvpinheiro

Dear Rvpinheiro,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and more importantly your experience with Elizbeth which made you feel at home. We look forward to an opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

So I stopped by the other day and informed the front desk that I was gonna stay later on during the week and needed a place to store my luggage in the meantime. Emanuel at the front desk was excellent and informed me that there was a luggage storage place next oír who will accommodate me and it worked out great. Upon my arrival he also was great at making sure me and my boyfriend were well taken care of.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank cristina p

Dear cristina p,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us here at Park Central Hotel NY. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly acknowledge Emmanuel's demonstration of hospitality We look forward to an opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

So many issues with this hotel from the moment we arrived. We came here last month and it still sticks out as a sore thumb in my memory. It is a lie to call this a 4 star hotel.

Issue 1: Facilities Fee
This ridiculous policy they have of $35 plus tax PER DAY "facilities fee" which covers the gym and concierge and newspapers - all the things that should come as part of a decent hotel anyway without extra charges. I don't understand why it's not already part of the room rate. We definitely didn't know about this prior to checking in. Is it so they can keep a lower rate on search engines and then spring the fee on unsuspecting guests? We took up issue with this and spoke to the manager, who was very rude and said that it's a standard practice in all New York hotels. Having stayed in New York hotels many times before, we knew this was a complete lie. Her rudeness and dishonesty, coupled with this unreasonable policy, were an awful way to start our stay.

Issue 2: Housekeeping
The housekeeping is abysmal. Every single day we had a different standard of housekeeping. Once our towels were taken and not replaced. I had to call and ask for new towels. Another time, the housekeeper knocked the door and actually asked me to bring our garbage to the door for her. What kind of housekeeping standard is this? Ridiculous.

Also they do not have any slippers and bathrobes at all. I have never been even in a 3 star hotel that refuses to provide these basic comfort items for guests.

Issue 3: Facilities
This is an old hotel and even though attempts have been made to modernise it, you can still see the upkeep is poor. The window shades in our room were blackened and tattered on one side. There are stains all over the walls, especially in the bathroom. The hallway carpeting looks old and tired and there are even glasses left all over the floor by housekeeping I presume. It is not a pretty sight. The walls are extremely thin and you can hear everything your neighbours are saying and doing. The elevators take forever, be prepared to spend 10 minutes waiting each time you need to go up or down. There are also no mini fridges or coffee machines in the rooms. What are the facilities fees paying for if these guests still have all these inconveniences?

Issue 4: Staff Attitude
As mentioned above, the manager's response to us was unacceptably unprofessional and housekeeping is pretty bad too (see the staff asking me to carry garbage to her for her own convenience). We also needed to pick up a package and we were told that we could pick up from the concierge 24/7. So we got back around 11pm and asked for our package and then we were told the package room had already closed and we had to wait til the next day. Why were we being told different things by different staff?

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the seating in the lobby. It's a nice place to sit and have breakfast or meet with people. However this one aspect is not enough to redeem all of the others that went wrong.

The location is also rather undesirable, it's located in what feels like tourist central with food carts immediately outside the door and homeless people on the corners. Some might like this environment because it's close to other tourist hotspots but I did not.

In conclusion, do not waste your money on this hotel. There are much better experiences to be had at many other NYC hotels and there's no reason why guests should put up with all of the issues I listed above.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank KatieMG55
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear KatieMG55,

we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I regret to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and that you were caught off guard by our Facilities Fee. Our goal is to add value by consolidating many fees that other hotels list separately. It troubles me to learn that you walked away with a perception of the Manager who engaged you was lying.
We work diligently to ensure our fee is transparent and our guests are aware of the fee prior to arrival. May I suggest a call so I can personally address your concerns? Thank you for highlighting other elements of your stay. Please reach out to me at gmdonfraser@parkcentralny.com at your convenience and provide with your contact details and I will be pleased to speak with you. I have emailed you directly to expedite the conversation.