I've been in this hotel in June, 2014 with my mother (70 years old) and my two boys (7 and 9 years old). It was perfect. The rooms were large and comfortable. The TV was new and big with many options of channels. I arrived very early in the morning but my room would be available at noon. The attendant gave me the option to choose a smaller room and in a lower floor but that would be available immediately. I prefered to deliver my luggage in the luggage room to go out and visit the city and come back later to check in the bigger room.
The only complain is regarding a "facilities fee" (free wi-fi, use of luggage room, welcome drink(?) and gym room) that is mandatory. If this fee is mandatory why isn't it included in the room price? They told me if you book by internet it is already included. But if you book through a travel agent, it would depends if the agent repass this tax to the hotel. I think that they should make a better work regarding communication with agents. Because if you are a customer and you paid everything in advance to a travel agent in order to arrive to the hotel expecting to have nothing else to worry about, this is a bad surprise. And you can not afford not to pay this fee once it is "obligatory" (about 20 dolars per day).
The location was very good. Close to good restaurants, including options for children: Europa Cafe, Serafina, Benihana, Trattoria D'el Art, etc. And close to many attractions (ex: Central Park) and good shopping options.
I recommend this hotel for who doesn't matter to pay a little more but to stay with comfort and well located. And also for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Central hotel New York in the world's greatest city, steps from Central Park, Rockefeller Center & Times Square. The Park Central is at the top of the list of Midtown Manhattan hotels for business and leisure travel. Surround yourself with the classic attractions of the Big Apple, museums, dining, & beyond. With spacious accommodations this Midtown New York City hotel invites you to discover the convenience of our landmark setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Park Central Hotel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Central Hotel New York City
- Park Central New York Hotel
- Park Central New York City
- Park Central Ny Hotel