“My Stay at Park Central NY”

Park Central Hotel New York
Ranked #270 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had actually good expectations before staying in this Hotel. I watched the website and I really expected something small and design, with all the characteristic of this type of structures. I was disappointed. The service is nothing, compared to the rate I had to pay. The room was small, old-fashioned equipped. Only the TV was good. The wifi was acceptable. The bathroom absolutely too small. The A/C system also very old-fashioned, noisy and not so performant. The only WOW is connected to the position: very good if somebody would come here to go outside and just walk the Big Apple. It wasn't my case. I don't think I will stay there again.

Room Tip: If you don't care about service and you will use the Hotel just a "sleeping base" this...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelo R
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our wonderful location. However, I am so disheartened to hear that we did not meet your expectations. All of your feedback has been shared with our Management Team, so we can work hard to fix our shortcomings. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Don Fraser

Write a ReviewReviews (4,923)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel, despite the millions spent on renovations, is average. The carpet in our room was dated, the fixtures in need of repair, and the wall paper was peeling. On the positive side, the bed was very nice....I slept very well. The windows open and the fresh spring breeze was wonderful. The noise level was ok and the distance to the metro was great (across the street)!!! The staff was wonderful and was fun---they truly made the hotel! The products in the hotel were nice despite the hotel being very "cheap" on giving them out. Overall.....and average hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank travelcityguy
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Travelcityguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both our wonderful staff and comfortable beds. Please accept my sincerest apology for the condition of the fixtures and wallpaper in your guestroom, and I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our new carpet design. All of your feedback has been shared with our Management Team, so we can work together to quickly correct our shortcomings. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Park Central Hotel is very nice and I would absolutely stay there again. The location is perfect, the staff was excellent and friendly and the hotel is clean. My only complaint is the bathroom is too small and has bad lighting.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dking104

Thank you kindly for your rave review and recommendation! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed both our perfect location and friendly Team Members. All of your feedback has shared with our Management Team, so we can celebrate our achievements and work hard to correct our shortcomings. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The problem by "overselling" your hotel is that people get easily disappointed on arrival. As many other reviews I was expecting to be wooed, and I was not. Check-in is very slow, and always a long line of people waiting. Also the first thing that will hit you upon entering the hotel is a strong sense of perfume. I'm not allergic to perfume, but even I found it to irritate me. I can't imagine how it must be for those who are allergic.
Room was on the 17th floor, and no street noise considering its New York. However, the crying baby in the room next door I could hear every morning. Ugh! Annoying! Bathroom is quite small, and very bad airconditioned, it seems the damp after the shower didn't go away and was still there in the afternoon when we returned after seeing the city.

Great location for first time visitors are we were, but I think next time I would prefer to be more downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amelie0512

Dear Amelie0512,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our great location. Please accept my sincerest apology for all of the challenges you faced during your stay. All of your feedback has been shared with our Management Team, so we can work hard to quickly correct our shortcomings. We hope to the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Tremendous location and friendly staff but the rooms are absolutely pedestrian. The highlight of the room was the bathroom. The rooms are very small with no basic amenities other than a safe. Even the ATM was inoperable all five nights of our stay. In comparison to other 4 star hotels we have stayed in the last year (Liaison - Washington, DC; Omni Parker House - Boston) this was highly disappointing. We were offered a 37% discount on a future stay which would have been the appropriate pricing for this average hotel. Unless location is your only consideration, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patti O
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Patti O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed both our tremendous location and friendly Team Members. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced with the lack of amenities provided in your guestroom, as well as the ATM being out of service. All of your feedback has been shared with our Management Team, so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

The location is so convenient, hotel is recently renovated and serves the purpose. Rooms are sufficient in size considering it is NYC, but do not expect even a small fridge of coffee. Personnel is unfriendly (who cares) but it is somewhat disappointing that they try to sell you attractions or car rides with a great degree of insistence.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Carsonino
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our wonderful location and recently renovated décor. Please accept our sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us, this is certainly not the high level of service we strive to provide to all of our valued guests. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

When i've made the reservation for 5 nights at Park Central Hotel in NY I was very happy! The hotel isn't cheap, the price was very high. But t seemed to worth it. The photos of the hotel and its rooms are amazing!!
But when we've arrived, the hotel was just good, not amazing. The location is fantastic, could not be better! But with that the noises from the street were very very loud!
The room is good, the bathroom was small, but the bed is one of the best I've ever slept in.
If there is any special offer for the hotel, it is good. If you have to pay full price, as i've done, think a little bit more.

Room Tip: Be careful about your room. Some rooms are TOO noisy! I've asked to change it once.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GustavoDarzi
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed both our fantastic location and comfortable beds. We are sorry to hear the street noise could be heard in your room. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.