5,528 results
All reviewstimes squarerooms are smallbigger roomthe theater districtfantastic locationcentral parknycbroadwaysubwayhipavenue
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Stayed in room 736 and 836 with my Family (All adults).
-Room was faced street side: Road works ahead (check before you check-in).
-Smelly hallway and room had signs of clear leakage as well as bad renovations.
-When asking for some clarification on the bill (EXCEEDING amount charged on the credit card) the lady at the desk just did not want to deal with us.
-That lady in charge did the same to the people behind us.
One staff member was helpful and explained everything and reimbursed the EXTRA 300 USD they charged.
-Would expect that a 4 star hotel would take care of any simple question and help you. Instead, they did not feel like dealing with the customer??!!

Too expensive for a 4 star hotel. You pay for the location which is prime.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be better. Smell was clear on floor 7 and 8.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Alex K, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us, Laurent.

We are deeply disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. We pride ourselves on our welcoming, kind staff, so it is upsetting to hear about this kind of service. We will let our management team know about your experience and see what we can to ensure this won't happen again in the future. If there is anything we can do to accommodate a future stay with us, please let us know.

We'd love another opportunity to show you how amazing we are so we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Terrific location only 1 minute walk form the centre of Time Square, you enter the lobby and it's like a hotel of old - class decor and a good buzz in the area near reception. The hotel also hold the gift shop for the popular broadway show Hamilton, so there was a good buzz around that too.

The rooms are a little tight but were fine for 2 people. all mod cons and a very comfy bed. Staff were very helpful with some small issues we had with our TV and the desk staff could not have been nicer in helping us with some directions we needed.

The bar is a lovely meeting spot but be prepared for the prices. Not only are they on the high side but a gratuity is automatically added to your bill so just beware.

Other than that, I can't compliment this place enough. It's convenient, very clean and will not break the bank for a few nights' stay. Ideal for a long weekend or a few days when you want to explore the upper side of the city. Port Authority terminal is really close too for any trips you need to take on the subway.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ptayboyeh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great rating and review! We are always working very hard to provide a high-quality experience for all of our guests. It's great to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our rooms and service! We hope you plan on staying with us again soon! We'd love to share an even better experience with you.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Paramount was last hotel of this trip and we expected so much more from this supposedly 4* rated hotel. I have stayed in other 4* in New York and they have been far superior to this hotel.
The room was ridiculously small, we struggled to fit our cases in anywhere. No coffee making facility in room, small bed, which in fairness was very comfortable, small bathroom but with everything you need.
We were asked on check in if we wanted to upgrade room, thinking they would be of decent size as usual for 4*, we declined, but we should of thought why was this asked.
We complained and were told the upgrade was not available that evening but would be for rest of our stay, and we were given the upgrade at no extra cost, so that got a massive thumbs up.
New room was much better, clean with bigger space, bathroom was ok, usual soaps shampoo etc. The towels changed daily, hot water took quite a while to come through and the shower was not all that powerful but adequate.
There was a safe facility in room.
If you stay here, first check with your travel agent about size, if offered upgrade on a small room consider doing it, especially if your a couple or family.
We had to pay a resort tax of 20 usd plus tax per night, which I was not happy about and 150 usd retainer, paid back after 7-10 days, another thing that didn’t go down well.
When we checked out we had a full day before our flights and put bags in store, which cost 2 usd per bag, never ever had this before anywhere in the world.
We didn’t try the restaurant as it was quite expensive so can’t comment on that.
Staff were generally friendly, just watch that room size.
Location wise, brilliant for Times Square and theatres, nice walk to Macy’s, and other direction to Central Park.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Richard H
Alex K, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

We appreciate the feedback, Richard.

We're happy you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed your upgrade. However, we're disappointed that your stay with us was less than ideal. We regret that we didn't meet your expectations. We'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Awesome Location-right in the heart of Times Square. Hotel staff I engaged with were all AWESOME, knowledgeable, attentive, and efficient(Shayna, Natalie and Yanet). We stayed in a 1 bed room king suite(plenty of space) including 2 full baths. Furniture a little dated but overall the room was very nice. Carlos the doorman was always polite and helpful as well.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, lewdavis321.

We appreciate the time you've taken to leave us your feedback. Hearing our guests' suggestions are extremely important to us. With that being said, we'll be sure to look into your concerns moving forward. We want to make sure those missteps​ are erased for our future guests.

Once again, we appreciate the time you've taken to leave us a review. If there's any way we can accommodate you during a future visit, please let us know. Have a great day!

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my birthday for 4 days, 13/11-17/11.We booked this on a whim with Thomas Cook after going in with X amount of money and saying we wanted something special for my birthday. I was very surprised but so excited to have got a trip to New York. However,when I got home and started to check the reviews I was slightly worried.
So we got to the hotel around 7ish on the 13th and I was pleasantly surprised. We checked in and was given our room key. We got to the room and found it to be twin beds rather than a double so off we went to the reception. I explained the error and the lovely lady said she had upgraded us but if we wanted to we could just have a double room but the room would be smaller. We were fine with that, in our eyes the room was going to be somewhere to sleep and shower because we'd be out all day. We were then given the room 1801 and I was very happy with it. Quite small rooms but in a cosy way, I expected to hate it because of the reviews but it was OK. The bathroom clean, which is all I want from a place. The air conditioning/heating is quite loud but all we done was leave it on all day while we was out and turned it off at night when we wanted to sleep. The beds were really comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet. We slept like babies.
I cant really review anything other that the room and the lobby (which was quite nice, reminded me a bit of an old jazz club) because we literally got up in the morning at 7:30 and was usually out by 8 and then we wouldnt come back until gone 10.
On our last day a 'bill' was posted under our door, it was the $30 resort fees (this had already been taken from my account with the card I used upon check in). This kind of bothered me to be honest even though I was aware of it because we had already paid for our room and we never used any other facility in the hotel. Apparently this is a standard thing now in USA cities, it started in Vegas I was told. I just hope the UK doesn't follow suit haha.When I checked out I asked if I could pay the resort fees with the dollars I had left over and have the money refunded back on to my card. This wasn't a problem,infact it was refunded before I even got home. We decided to check out at 8 and leave our bags in left luggage for the day until we were getting picked up at 4pm.This was $4 for both bags, I was pleased with that. The hotel is in a brilliant location but my best advice would be to get a really good Map because it's so hard to navigate with those silly tourists maps, we got lost a few times haha. We had a wonderful time and if you're like us and just want to get your head down and have a shower then this is the place for you,very basic (could have used tea and coffee facilities in the room if I'm being picky). If you plan on spending a lot of time in your hotel I would recommend another destination entirely because exploring New York is something you just can't miss.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissSarahG87

Thanks for the 4/5 review, Sarah!

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us! It's wonderful that you loved our clean accommodations, along with our service! We strive for excellence so we'll address your feedback with our team. We'd love to have you back again soon to share an even more positive experience with you.

Have a great day!