“Nice, but dark and loud music”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #396 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice hotel at perfect location. But we didn't understatement why the lobby and the restaurant are so dark; all black walls! The music in the lobby is too loud. We didnt't like that at all. The room was oké, but too small for four persons.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Being right in the middle of Times Square, Broadway shows, and Hell's Kitchen is always a super plus. Now, please be aware the hotel rooms are super tiny. If you are bringing more than two luggage pieces and also if you are an overweight person do not plan on staying here. The shower is very small, I could barely shave my legs without one part of my body touching the walls. The bed is super comfortable but I repeat again, do not have many pieces of luggage and think about it twice if you are overweight.

Stayed: July 2014
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, however it is unfortunate to hear that you found the room to be smaller than what you would have preferred. Please be advised that we have several different room types and sizes. Some rooms have shower stales while others have a bath tub as well. Our staff is always available to assist with accommodating you in a room that will best suit your needs during your stay. Should your travels find you back in New York City, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to making your reservation in order to ensure you are booked for the room that best accommodates your preferences.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon. Wow what a brilliant location. Stay here if you want to be a minutes walk from Times Square and Broadway! We really liked the hotel, yes the rooms are small (no space once 2 suitcases are in it) but the bed was comfortable, the showers were hot and the location couldn't have been better. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014

We are pleased to have been your hotel choice to celebrate you honeymoon. It’s unfortunate to hear that you found the room to be small for your preference. Our hotel has several different size rooms and our staff is always available to assist in accommodating your needs throughout your stay with us. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us in order to ensure you are provided the best rooms that suits your needs.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

First of all I would like to start by saying Location, Location, Location! If your going to NYC for mainly theatre or to be close to tourist attractions… this hotel is for you. I left 10 mins before each of my shows, its so perfect!

I had no trouble at all with this hotel. I was greeted so warmly, had no trouble checking in and very happy with my room. From other reviews I'm guessing the rooms on the lower floors aren't as good, but I had a Superior Queen on the 14th floor, as a solo traveler I had ample amounts of room, and could've easily fit someone else in. The bed was so comfy, the bathrooms are small but not as small as I was expecting from reviews! Perfectly reasonable. And nice view!

The only trouble I had during my stay was that my tv volume only went up to 7 (which I discovered whilst about to go to sleep at 11pm at night.. because who goes to New York to watch tv) but I called to see if it could get fixed (they told me absolutely, but not till tomorrow which I was fine with, but I received a complimentary breakfast as compensation) so no complaints… and as promised my tv was fixed by the next day.

Also the cleaning in this hotel is impeccable! My room was always spotless when I came back to it after a long, hot day outside!!

The only negative thing I could say about this hotel/my room would be the shower pressure… and it wasn't even that bad. Also I don't know what people's problems are with the lobby dj! I think it adds atmosphere to the place, its very cool and sleek. Also its not that loud and doesn't play all the time.

The restaurant in this hotel is great too. Had dinner and breakfast here, very nice meals.

Would 100% stay here again. Great location, price, room and wifi!

Room Tip: Superior Queen, higher floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The location was ideal if you're planning an outing to Times Square. The standard room was very small and attached bathroom was equally small. Nice television and toiletries. Party atmosphere in the lobby area with a live DJ most of the time.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed at this hotel before and always recommended. This time.....we booked a superior Queen Room from Expedia with a special "summer in the city" rate which was supposed to be an upgraded room, queen bed, free internet. When we checked in....they were not going to give us free internet. I said that it was included....they said it wasn't, but they would give us it like they were doing us a favor. Arrived at the room. Double bed. Went back down and said that it was supposed to be a superior Queen. They didn't have any available. No apology. Wait till later. We put our bags in storage and headed off. We arrived back in the later evening and went up to the superior queen room. The double bed room was much nicer and much bigger. The superior Queen was like sleeping in a closet. Extremely tight. Close to the elevator and it was loud. extremely disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luluf4u
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best overall service to each of our guests. It’s disappointing to hear that you felt you experienced otherwise. I would like to follow up on your concerns and the details of your reservation. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@paramount-nyc.com with the full name on the reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from your and further investigating your concerns.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

First off, I wanna start this review out by saying, NYC is a hell of a city.

If you travel to this city for work, for sport or for tourism, get out of your room and see this amazing and historical town.

Your hotel room should be a place you go to sleep, recharge, clean yourself and make out if you are lucky enough to do so. That is all.

I say that to say this, the rooms at The Paramount are proportioned to NYC, meaning, NYC is an old city with a lot of old buildings where space is not in abundance. This goes for 80% of NYC hotels on Manhattan or up towards Harlem.

If you are expecting the sprawling square footage of a Vegas hotel room or the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim or one of the newer hotels in Los Angeles or San Francisco, you picked the wrong town.

On a NYC scale, the rooms at The Paramount Hotel are large enough to accommodate a comfy stay. More important than room size I believe is room sanitation and presentation which The Paramount Hotel knocked out the park.

Additionally, the majority of photos that have been uploaded to yelp to this point do not represent the current look of the hotel lobby, reception desk or current state of the rooms due to what must have been one hell of a renovation when now comparing old photos to newer ones taken of this place in the last several weeks.

We stayed on the sixth floor and due to the location of the hotel and proximity to Times Square compounded by the amount of eager and excited tourists there was a good bit of noise that reached our room late into the night.

However, what do you expect? This is not something the hotel controls and is much more a result of staying in one of the busiest sections of the city that never sleeps.

If you are a light sleeper, download a white noise or ambiance app on your smart phone if you have one to combat such noise, which to be honest really wasn't that bad to begin with.

I never feel as though hotel showers or bathrooms are ever clean enough, so I will say I'd like to see The Paramount really address keeping the bathrooms as polished as they can going forward, although I did feel comfy enough based on the current condition my room's bathroom was in.

If I needed to stay in or around Times Square again, I would give The Paramount another go, really dope hotel overall and it adhered to ADA/disability standards.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re pleased to hear you have a wonderful stay with us. Our staff take great pride in ensuring our guests are provided the best possible service throughout their stay with us. We do have a new Yelp listing page with recent photos of our hotel after our renovations. Thank you for sharing you feedback with us which has also been shared with our management team and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.