“Slept well, clean, unexciting hotel in an exciting area”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #404 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Overall, this hotel is in a fantastic location and was an excellent value given we scored a deal on groupon. Without the groupon deal I would've felt a bit disappointed with the whole place.

We were in line to check into the hotel for about 15 minutes, and given that I had walked around the city before arriving to the hotel with my wife it felt all that much longer. The rooms were acceptable though nothing exciting; This really isn't an issue - who goes to Times Square to sit inside all day?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,052)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed in this hotel about 2 weeks ago for 5 days while on a business trip. I was placed in room 327 which was a bad idea because had I known the windows were not sound insulated I would of asked for a room much higher. My room faced 46th street and every night between 2:00am and 2:30am I was awakened by the garbage disposal truck that would collect the garbage. It would park almost in front of the hotel and sit there for 10-15 minutes collecting garbage and making all sort of noise. The windows should be sound proof especially when the room is facing the street and is at a low floor. Also the windows looked old and they were very dirty from the outside, I'm assuming they don't have a window cleaning company.
The room it self was about the same size as my walk in closet at home, it was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen in my life. I was feeling claustrophobic for the first few minutes till I got use to it. We had 2 beds, one was almost up against the wall and the other was up against the AC unit which was super loud and couldn't sleep with it on however it did muffle the noise from the garbage truck.
The bathroom was so small I thought I would have to stand in the hallway to urinate, the bathtub was old and worn out with scruff marks inside. The sink in the bathroom was a sink made of metal, from top to bottom it looked like one of those sinks you would see in a jail room, it creeped me out. Overall if you look at the details of the quality of the craftsmanship put into the rooms you can tell corners were cut and they did a quick job.
There is a pizza place next door that makes good pizza if you don't feel like going too far for food, but within that area there are hundreds of places to eat.
The lobby was really nicely decorated and designed with a bar-lounge type of atmosphere with nice music playing, it had a very hip-modern look and feel to it, I must admit when I walked in I was like wow! This hotel is nice! But then when I walked into my room is was such a let down.
The best thing about this place is it's location and if I ever went back there again it would be for that reason only, You are in the heart of times square and close to everything, that is the only positive thing this place has going for it, location, location, location, everything else other then the lobby is disappointing. Would I stay there again? If my employer paid for it yes, if I had to pay for it, probably not, I travel a lot due to my field of work and when I travel I enjoy staying in a nice hotel room.

Room Tip: The rooms are tiny, there's nothing you can do about that, but at least choose a room as high up...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SeaBreeze777
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This placed ticked all the boxes for me.. It is right in the theatre district beside times square. There is a Duane Reade nearby swell as countless bars and restaurants.. On arrival the reception asked for a 600 dollars room security deposit. This they kindly reduced after a short discussion. The hotel is tastefully laid out and always smelt nice. The room was small but it was very clean and comfortable with a good size tv. I would be happy to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul B
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comment with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As normal hotel policy there is a daily incidental hold of $75 per day. This amount is held on the credit card for any purchases charged to the room. If there are no charges to the room the full amount held is released on check-out and takes a few business days to show on your account depending on your bank. Overall we are glad you enjoyed you stay with us and all that our location has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My fiance planned a romantic getaway so we booked a room at the Paramount. Wow, what a jaw dropper! The hotel site will throw you off because it looks fancy in the lobby but once you get to the room you will be like WOW, this is like an poor apartment buidling. It was not worth the money at all! I stayed at the Westin down the street and that room was luxurious, less expensive and the room was spacious! The bathroom at the Paramount was like an old apartment. The room was SO SMALL that you could barely walk around the bed to move around. The room was noisey because you could hear all the city noise from people yelling and cars honking. I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Always read reviews because you will learn alot from other's people experience!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica C
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Please allow me to apologize that your experience with the size of your room did not live up to the standards you expected. We have several different sized rooms throughout our hotel and our staff is always available to assist with providing you the best accommodations that will allow you to feel comfortable throughout your stay. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel and regain your trust. Should you wish to give us a second chance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@paramount-nyc.com and I would be more than happy to assist in accommodating you with a room that will best suit your needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very nice and comfort hotel, best loacation on times square and broadway. the room are smaller than the normal hotel room size but it's not bad a lot since you are travelling in the city all day. Very good service in the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes. Their staff at reception and at the bar is most unfriendly, small rooms with leaks, lack of basic amenities like a shower cap, tiny wardrobe, noisy rooms.. Never again!

Room Tip: Do not go for single rooms, bed is like a baby cot. Avoid low floors because of noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Francisca M
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Please allow me to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We value each of our guests and hold the highest standards for guest service and satisfaction. I would like to further investigate your concerns and discuss them with our team. Please feel free to contact me at erodriguez-febles@paramount-nyc.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you and addressing your concerns.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We decided to go with both the Good and Bad things other had wrote in reviews here, and booked our stay here anyways, and boy oh boy were we glad we did that.
We didn't really had the best start of our vacation, our baggage were delayed for about a day, so we really looked forward to get in our room when leaving JFK. So we got to the hotel, which was really easy to find, and stepped in the lobby, and we were immediately blowed away, first the scent (which we later bought online back home, yep it was that good), and the design of the lobby was amazing a brilliant mixture of a modern cosy lounge like library bar, we got the room key from a girl who was a little hard to understand, and went to our room (which had been upgraded), but sadly it wasn't at all what we'd expected, no remote for the tv, it was kinda dark and small, and not new yorker small, smaller, but worst of all, the noice from the turbines in the backyard, made the night so bad, we didn't sleep much that night.
But to our luck, next day a really nice guy were on front desk duty, and got us upgraded to another room, with awesome view, big kingsize bed, nice bright and really clean, and boy oh boy was it perfect, we even got free wifi for the rest of our stay for the trouble.
If we were to come back to NY, we would definitely book our stay at Paramount again, loved every minute of it, perfect hotel for couples.
This hotel holds very little negative things to it, we were glad we didn't listen to others bad reviews.

Room Tip: The higher you can get a room, the better, it is after all the city that never sleeps, but it sleeps...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
NYCPHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review with us. Though your stay began with a rough start we are pleased to hear that our staff assisted in making sure you were comfortable for the remainder of your stay. We always want to ensure that each of our guests thoroughly enjoys their experience in every aspect. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your travels find you back in New York City.